Reviews for 26: Strange Planet
BoomerCat chapter 42 . 7/10/2009
Aw, it's over? Dang. This was a good one. Your descriptions of Mars then and now were so clear that I could almost taste the atmosphere. And I've never seen Captain Scarlet, and now I really don't want to, because I doubt it could live up to your version. The Mysterons are an interesting villian/adversary, and Captain Black is just plain creepy. Although I have to say, Captain Scarlet is pretty creepy himself. One of the things I like best about your stories is the organic flow of them. You start out with one ostensible plot line, then seque to a second without a hitch. I'm reminded of those trees you by at a nursery with a braided trunk. My only objection is your continued concentration on John when everybody knows the real star of the series was Gordon. ;-) Like I said, this was a particularly good story, interesting a taut. Can't wait for the next one!
MitzyTN chapter 42 . 7/9/2009
ok, ok. Remove before flight? now where can I find those?
Eternal Density chapter 42 . 7/8/2009
"to (sort of) clear up and explain" - very heavy on the 'sort of' :P
Tikatu chapter 42 . 7/8/2009
Y'know what I like about this? It could be either John or Scott (though I'm leaning toward John because of the cat; there's no indication that Scott picked up Blanche in this alternate timeline).

Very sweet wrap up to the story, and packs a lot of punch in just a few words.
MitzyTN chapter 41 . 7/6/2009
Oh no, not Fermat! well, that's as many loose ends as it is possible to tie, I should think. And just enough to go on to start something new...
Tikatu chapter 41 . 7/5/2009
"Power flared... And then Gordon was flying, again.."

Wonder what happened when the power and Gordon met? Perhaps another "indestructible man"?

And TWO babies? Is little Janie one of them?

Nice wrap up, MG. An epilogue? Or jumping right into the next story? Looking forward to whatever you've got.
Eternal Density chapter 41 . 7/5/2009
epic!

"Lt. Tracy went into battle that night with more on his mind than just war." heh, don't want Gordon to feel left out of the complications :P
Tikatu chapter 40 . 7/4/2009
Penultimate, huh? I think you're going to leave some threads hanging for the next story.

What kind of trouble will our two intrepid teens get into. Loved this line: “N- Never underestimate the powers of a p- pissed off hacker, Alan." Fermat is pissed off, and woe to the Mysterons when he managesd to hack their computers!

My favorite line from the middle section: "Paradise has teeth." So very true. And the fireworks have already started between the "peppery matriarch" and the "dumb-ass reporter". Cindy had better not only strategize with Victoria in mind, but also with Penelope... because if there are sparks between the first two, there'll be a deep freeze between the second pair.

Good for Scott and his trainees. You've thrown another set of characters at us to care about with them and I'm looking forward to see how they develop in the next fic.

Happy Independence Day and looking forward to the next installment!
Eternal Density chapter 40 . 7/3/2009
awesome! I loved the Alan-Fermat discussion. And I'm a little worried that I understood all of "W00t! Give the monkey a cigar, folks! He typed ‘Act one, Scene one’! And, trust me; we’ve just scratched the circus!" lots of killer lines in that conversation. and the trespassing sign and fave-grandson bits were a laugh too.

the end of the part with Scott made me smile too.
MitzyTN chapter 40 . 7/3/2009
Oh boy, the kids are off to get themselves into trouble again... while the grown ups are busy making impression. Satan's daughter has a lot to learn, but I doubt she won't have the upper end, eventually. Nice bit of flying there on Scott's part, and some more background, I see... this universe has a whole history of its own. Perhaps a few prequels about them?
Tikatu chapter 39 . 7/1/2009
Love the interaction between John and Kip. I have a feeling that the power suit that fought so hard for its own life may turn out to be a friend, like Kip and Hawking are shaping up to be. Kinda worried about Andrews and Jarvis; they might not have the same kind of skill with machines that John has.

Wonder what Pete and Scarlet will talk about...
MitzyTN chapter 39 . 7/1/2009
Oh dear, things on Mars aren't half as interesting as things on Tracy Island... I'll pay Virgil whatever he's charging, and add a tip to see that introduction, too.
Eternal Density chapter 39 . 7/1/2009
chapter status green

reader status yellow

(picked up some sort of bug on sunday)
Tikatu chapter 38 . 6/30/2009
Aww, poor Fermat. Just doesn't want to give up that last iota of hope. But I think Alan has it right, unfortunately. (Though you could still throw us a curve ball; you're very good at it.)

Oh yes. Virgil knows something Cindy doesn't and boy howdy, the sparks will fly! She's going to discover that Tracys tend to be either irresistable forces or immovable objects, and the most firmly planted, immovable one of them all is Victoria. Penelope is more like a quality ginsu knife, ready to finely fillet and saw through cans (not quite the irresistable force quite yet, but she'll get there, if she continues to be teachable).

I would love to see Cindy reading to kindergarteners. I hope she does it, and I hope we get a ringside seat.
Eternal Density chapter 38 . 6/30/2009
top notch!

"Never. Not the way he played D & D." nice reference

"But, I digest." oh Alan... :P

"what if there was a w- way we c- could find out f- for… sure?" Uh oh, that sparked a memory of how the original Mars mission turned badly wrong and resulted in lots of reality-bending mayhem. Whatever you do, kids, don't calculate the probability of it going wrong! (Yeah, I know you're not going to reuse old ideas like that)

"kindergarten story-time community service" bwahahahahahahaha!

"one old woman and an over-bred British aristocrat" oh boy, it IS going to be interesting :P