Reviews for The Harvest
Ciole chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I really love your tales of Kenshin and Hiko. They are the very definition of the adjective "heartwarming".
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
It's been quite some time - a year? maybe two or three? - since a fic, any fic from any fandom (and I do read plenty of them), has made me cry.

Yours, for some reason, did the trick.

And I'm really greatful for that.
Lellow chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Its so warm and fuzzy that i almost don't believe its Kenshin and Hiko - BUT - I do like it and it is well written
Weaving Bard chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
I loved this.

I would love to read more of Kenshin's youth... as tragic as it might be. Not the sword swinging Kenshin, but the boy who needs so desperately to connect to something and someone so much that... (sighs)

There is a strength in your writing. Much Appreciated.

Keep writing.

Thank you for your effort.
Gemini14 chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Heartrendingly sweet. That was the thought that crossed my mind, when I finished reading this. In many ways, you captured Hiko better than I have, so far.
sueb262 chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
This just took my breath away! You have drawn this evolution of each of them and between the two of them with such tenderness and poignancy that it makes all the more heartbreaking what happens between and to them: I can now imagine with painful clarity Hiko's real, internal reactions to Kenshin's decision to leave (and especially what he leaves for!), as well as Hiko's despair at watching what that decision did to his student.

Beautiful. Thanks.
Riku-Rocks chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
This story was excellent. I enjoyed the style atmosphere very much, and the slow, steady progress of the tale was great.
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
My immediate response to this was "Exactly." I've always felt that Hiko was simply genuinely drawn to Kenshin the child as much as Kenshin the potential swordsman. I've always seen it the Hiko equivalent of a squealing, fangirl "Kawaii!" moment: not that he would ever, ever, even to himself, quite acknowledge it. I liked the way you used the phrase "I don't have to do this" to anchor Hiko's thoughts, letting them evolve from exasperation to gladness. Good job!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I love warm moments between Hiko and Kenshin. I really liked how you captured the frustration and uncertainty Hiko is feeling as he tries everything and isn't sure any of it helps. How many parents have asked how long it would take to get through a certain phase of problems? It certainly hits home over sleepless nights and washing sheets. To have Hiko recognize Kenshin's worth for the warmth of his spirit as well as his determination was a special touch.
ZukoFlame chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Aw! This story was beautifully written and heartwarming. I also liked how you repeated Hiko's thought, "I don't have to do this" throughout the story. Nice job!
LeinGoDsFAYt chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
that was so cute! Hiko and Kenshin are really something :3 shishou and baka deshi! you write it so awesomely
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
That was sweet. I can imagine Kenshin's early times with Hiko would be marked by both milestones and setbacks.
The-Real-Ponytail-Link chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Awah! Adorable! -cries- I loved it I loved it I loved it to pieces! Ah! Poor Hiko, not used to having to deal with a traumatic child. I liked how you referred to your others fic like the one where Kenshin held his hand...awah! Adorable! You really made my day!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Wow. another young Kenshin analysis by Hiko. Even as a child, Kenshin had always been an enigma. Hiko's voice is very much in character too. I really like how you portrayed the short development of Kenshin as he slowly tries to regain some of his trust to another person. And the ending is just brilliant. XD