Reviews for Just Like the Movies
Remoryu chapter 10 . 5/30/2009
It's always bothered me how the game has virtually no substance in terms of story. I considered writing my own little diddy (I even started to outline it, too) to compensate, which led me to the notion that others undoubtedly got the same idea. That ultimately brought me here, to the end of your story; I can gladly say that it blew me away.

The style, the structure, the character depiction, the more than appropriate movie theme-I didn't see a single part of this that didn't etch flawlessly into the next element. I was looking for some noteworthy unofficial lore, and ended up with a piece that I would hardly mind being canonical-and I'm not even a Francis/Zoey advocate (I actually saw more chemistry between Louis and Zoey than her and Francis. Hell, I saw more chemistry between Bill and Zoey than her and Francis). Stellar job. Make that one more person who would love to see you continue.

Y'know, about halfway through this, I got discouraged; thinking back to my own stuff, it doesn't even compare with the quality of this. By the end, though, I came to the conclusion that I needn't be comparing in the first place; that's not why I, or anyone else, should write. It should be about enjoying it, not meeting a personal quota or setting some innate bar. I used to enjoy it. Haven't for a while now. Reading this might've helped me figure out why. Thanks.

If I can find the time (which pretty much boils down to me making the time), I just might go through with my idea. Eh, it'll all come out in the the wash. Keep writing, and be safe.
I feel celestial chapter 10 . 5/12/2009
Wow, wow, wow! This story is amazing.. I'm so glad I didn't have to wait for updates. If they ever make a Left 4 Dead movie you're writing the screenplay )
ThePyro chapter 10 . 4/30/2009
Wow... that was too epic for a single sitting... feels like i just sat through two of the l4d campaigns...

For once, I can read a story written by an author who can ACTUALLY flesh out characters, giving them some depth, and not rush it all, you really got the character's personalities worked out, and had them clash with each other in a more realistic manner, yet still showed that the stress of the whole Zombie DEFCON 90 took its toll on all of their patience, forcing them to adapt or die. I hope to see more of your excellent works around , because you've got the whole writing thing down pretty damn well.

Only fault I can see, is quantity. Then again. 79,799 words?

Not really that short, but all the same, no matter how much you feed the horde, they always want more :D

You are one of the leet fanfiction ninjas, it's official.

Xortberg chapter 10 . 4/26/2009
All I can truly say about this is I'm glad I started reading this after you finished. If I'd had to wait for updates, I would've gone insane.

Overall, this was a superbly written story. Nearly every event flowed amazingly with the next, characterization was spot-on, and the dialogue between characters was beautiful.

When I decided to browse the Left 4 Dead category, I really didn't expect to find anything all that great. I can honestly say this is one of the best fanfics I've ever read. Keep it up.
Cybernetic Mango chapter 5 . 4/25/2009
...It's never Lupus. :D
Regres chapter 10 . 4/20/2009
this was a very very good read i loved it all the way through it was fantastic. if u make a sequal i look forward to reading it c ya
EmeraldReporter chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
i'm at school bored as hell, on my iphone. So before i forget to add this story to my Favorites list, i wanna say that.

You are a great writer.
Redspiders chapter 4 . 4/2/2009
Again, Fuck yes. Best left 4 Dead story ever. Frankly, I can't see why you have so few reviews...
Redspiders chapter 2 . 4/2/2009
If I may be so crude? FUCK yeah.
fdsgdfgsdf chapter 10 . 3/17/2009
OMG! I LOVE THIS! I adore the Francis/Zoey relationship!
fdsgdfgsdf chapter 8 . 3/17/2009
I. Fricken. Love. This. Story!

It's filled with awesome zombie goodness, suspence, great writing, guns, and a whole bunch of other crap that makes this fic rock!
kaitlynvoncat chapter 10 . 3/16/2009
I loved this story! It was very well written and all of the character's personalties were just perfect. o: Everything they said or did was just totally in character.

I was freaking out there at the end of the last chapter. xD Just kept thinking "ohnoohnoohno! D:". My eyes were moving so fast I had to backtrack a couple of times because I kept skipping lines I was so into it and worried they all weren't going to make it. Huge relief though. ; Point for Francis, makeout session 5! xD

And yeah, you should definitely continue! You're so good at writing for their characters and just zombie apocalypses in general that it would be a loss to humanity if you didn't. ;o;
DragonFlame2012 chapter 10 . 3/11/2009
A most impressive tale, you've done a very good job on this, and I'll be watching to see what else you write.
HX9 chapter 10 . 3/5/2009
I'll start out by saying that I don't read game fanfics. However, I must say, I am thoroughly impressed with your portrayal of L4D. It felt like this was the game; the characters were accurate (Bill was great, and how Francis acted in Walmart on the intercom...awesome), the action sequences were dead-on (how sometimes you're walking in dead space, then you turn the corner and are jumped by a Hunter, freed, only to be vomited on by a Boomer, strangled by a Smoker, *and* bashed in by a Tank simultaneously), and the banter felt natural.

Overall, this was superbly fantastic. Congratulations.
Mad Genius Juul chapter 10 . 3/4/2009
Wow, just wow! I love this story! It's the best L4D story on here! So worth reading for 5 straight hours! D

147 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »