Reviews for Walk Through That Door
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Sigh. Sam and Dean - nobody can pull off the mixture of angst and family love like they can. Several things in your story really got my attention - "He just didn’t know when his job had shifted from making his brother feel safe, to trying to scare him." Wow, isn't that true? And - "In one day, the only two allies he’d ever trusted implicitly and relied on always being there—Dean and God—had both turned their backs on him." It made me think back to the earlier episodes when Sam more or less had said that he needed something to believe in to keep going. You really put it into perspective for me when he lost both. Makes me feel at least fractionally better about the whole Sam/Ruby angle they're going with.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Oh someone pass me the Kleenex!

You absolutely killed me with that last section - you could just feel Sam's loneliness and misery rolling off him, and then suddenly Big Brother was there to make it better again. Honestly you read them both so well, and all of these scenes fitted perfectly with Metamorphosis, which I think a lot of people overlook when listing their favourites so far in season 4. There's a lot of depth in there that you don't pull out from a casual viewing. But also a lot more that could have gone in had they had another hour or so screen time! So I think you made a great job of writing that in here.

I also liked your justification for Dean not asking what Sam had done all summer straight away, which also fits well with his character. The alternating perspective worked brilliantly too!
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Very good - love that we got both "sides".

Thank you.
Dianne chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
This lovely story made that episode so much easier to swallow! Thanks for sharing it.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Wow, so much here that I don't know where to start. I loved every word.

I'm glad in that first scene that Sam was feeling a little guilty. He looked kind of off when he got in the car with her and drove away. Good to think he might have felt unsure.

In the second part, Dean's anger wasn't really going to make him leave. He couldn't leave Sam, not really. Good to know that Sam was unsure about that, too. It meant that he still loved his brother and didn't want to be at odds with him. I liked the way Dean put an end to the separation, too. :D

In the third part, he was replaying what his brother had said to him. That's good. He still means to do good, not evil.

In the fourth part, we're a little back to normal. Hurt brothers trying to take care of each other, but still the undertone is there. Banter tries to make them feel better.

I think the last part is my favorite. They actually get to talk and Dean is finally understanding. The walking out to the car and leaning on each other like old men made me laugh. :D Throwing the bag out and symbolically closing the door on the past was brilliant.

Great fic all around.
x0lovelyyyx0 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
awwh! this is so sweet.
cozmikfaerie chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
you always amaze me, you are such a great wordsmith! And the bag of receipts? Heartbreaking!
Pinkchick chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I've been trying to avoid as much 4th season fics as possible mainly because people start expecting things before the season's even over to fully judge.

However, I can never resist reading your stories. :)

I thought this was a very well written tag/missing scenes from this episode, as usual. I really liked this episode because it shows that while the two still love each other, things have changed and they can't just go back to where they left off.

Their separate experiences are finally intermingling and I think you showed the core relationship beautifully. :) I don't get angry with the writers of the show for leaving out what some people think of as necessary. I think Kripke once said this show, in the end, is about family. And by episode 4.08 and after, I think the gaps are finally being bridged.

The point: I just go for the ride, no expectations. After all, it's why there's wonderful fanfiction writers like you to fill in the gaps in between. And you always do it so well.
xlozx chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
That was an awesome and lovely one shot!
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Aw! Very sweet and heartfelt; perfectly Winchester style. Loved the deal with the receipts and stuff. Poor Sammy. Another really awesome tag piece. Great job, and thanks for sharing!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Very great little story. I love the brother angst and the fact that they're starting to get back to where they need to be.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Excellent! Loved the tags! So angsty!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Again you delivered what Kripke failed to in the episode. You had perfectly how Dean and Sam's relationship was fractured and how Dean was unable to totally trust his little brother, but you also showed they still had a deep love and concern for each other and through that they could get their relationship back. And poignant, Sam showing Dean through the receipts etc, his journey whilst Dean had been in hell, givng Dean an understanding of just how grief stricken and lonely his little brother had been. Great gesture at the end, Dean putting the paper back in the bag and throwing it out the door, putting closure on it.

You always give us faith Katalin, that they boys will get back their relationship, something Kripke needs to take note of and deliver!
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Another wonderful one shot, as usual. Thank you for writing and sharing it with us.
Katiki chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I thought this was a pitch-perfect essay on where both brothers were at after Dean returned to Hell. Great way to fill out the psychological ramifications of the episode. I love the bag of rubbish at the end, and how Dean both figuratively and metaphorically tossed the trash-and held onto the important stuff.
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »