Reviews for Walk Through That Door
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I was glad to see another story up and even gladder when I saw it was one from the fourth season. I've been looking forward to this one, and you didn't disappoint. It's always painful to see the divide between the brothers on top of their experiences over the summer, and you did a great job exploring that. Thanks for the happy ending, though - it's nice to see hope that they'll be back in sync. The current season, even while I enjoy it, has been kind of hard to watch as the two try to get to know each other again.

Well done.
Sue Pokorny chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Really liked this! They needed to get back on track after this episode and I think you've struck the perfect chord. This is how I want to imagine the boys reacting to everything. Sam has to regret the lies, even if he was convinced he was doing good. And Dean, he's still got secrets at this point, but his are to protect Sam more than hide from him. Anyway, wonderful job!

Sue
Zaphire chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
This story was so touching, it had me all teary eyed. I love this missing scenes, sometimes after watching an episode, i feel somethings missing, and I kid you not, i always tell myself,"i know a few good writers who will add their magic touch to this episode" and you are most definetly one of them. :)
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I thought that this was excellent. I loved the way you added in little scenes from throughout the episode, and how you made a point to address the idea of either one of them leaving because of all this hurt and these lies between them.

I also loved poor Sammy's 'trash' collection. That was an interesting idea that I think is something Sam would definitely do during his summer 'vacation'.

Good job!
bhoney chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I love Sam keeping the bag of receipts/napkins, etc. to show Dean where he'd been when he got back. Ingenius idea!

And this was a brilliant description: "gathering the bits of Sam’s trail of tears back into the bag". Really wonderful. Love the allusion here to the Trail of Tears-both Sam and the Cherokees had lost everything they had and were moving ahead to a dubious future. The literal translation for what the Trail of Tears is called in Cherokee is "The Place Where We Cried"-which is fitting for Sam as well. Nicely done!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
wonderfully done, as usual! thanks for sharing.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I enjoyed reading this last chapter.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
This story tells you just how much the boys have changed with each one being nervous when the other walks towards the door...but who came blame them for worrying that the other might leave, especially with everything they have faced since Dean came back.

I loved the ending of this one with Sammy showing Dean the bag of slips and telling him what happened with each one-how he tried to get throught life while trying to find a way out of hell for DEan at the same time!
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Thank you for illustrating so eloquently what Season 4 has implied, but should have said.

I'm one of those people really enjoying this season - falling grace notwithstanding :) - but there's so much going on below the surface between the brothers that needs more exploration.

This was just what the doctor ordered.

Oh, and 'angsty Jiminy Cricket?' *snorfle*

Cheers, Sculls
lili20 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Amazing story, seriously, one of the best. This is exactly why I love your stories so much: the fact that you get inside the brothers' minds and hearts.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Wow. I don't even now where to begin, that was so amazing. I loved it. "Sam’s need to protect him was foreign and fierce. Dean had always been the protector." That line is one of the best you have ever written. It broke my heart. As did the fact that Dean thought that Sam had changed, and was broken. When Sam was lying on his side on the bed, and Dean saw again, that he was Sam, vulnerable, good, loving Sam, I started crying. My heart felt it. I felt what Dean was feeling-his fear, his relief, and his finally understanding of the loneliness and sadness in Sam's heart. No one gets into the brothers hearts, heads, and souls the way you do. You just get them. I know I have said it before, but you are so talented, just beyond words. What an amazing piece. It shall be read again and again. One of your best, and one of my favorites! Great job :-)
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Stories like these are one of the reasons I love fan fiction - the scenes that were needed that we never see. Of course, someone could argue that if these scenes were included, the show would be 90 minutes vs. 60.

And the problem with that is?
Psychee chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
This was another excellent story. Thank you.

I am really enjoying season 4 of SPN. But it really bothered me that Sam was leaving Dean alone, unprotected, even the first night he got back, not knowing what might be out to get him. It really showed how the 4 months had changed him. I would have thought that for a while he would not let his brother out of his sight.
annie200 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I like to think that this conversation took place at some point!Great writing as usual, and gets the S4 vibe realy well: they love each other but they're not at ease with how the other has changed, but they are so desperate to rediscover their old familiarity. This trod the line of pain without veering into sentimentality.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 1/11/2009