Reviews for Fighter's Pride
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 16 . 9/9/2012
A great sory. I'll gonna name it a favorite.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 4 . 9/8/2012
You know, while I like Shampoo more than other fiancees, I think she is the only one who ruins her own luck with Ranma by being pushy, tricky and underhanded (which makes her untrustworthy), and the fact that Cologne's plans always target Ranma's massive ego and pride does not help.
dzk87 chapter 14 . 8/18/2011
What you skipped that annoys me is the part where ranma acutally uses the umisenken to wreck Ryu...
dzk87 chapter 4 . 8/18/2011
Finally, somebody who can both write Ranma, and like writing him, and acutally writes him realistically. He has so many issues, it's not even funny, but he does make an awesome main character.
dzk87 chapter 3 . 8/18/2011
Yeah, this was good. I gotta say, I hate the stories that paint Ranma as this guilded figure, who is just cursed by his terrible parents, Ryouga, and eveyrbody... When he is a violent, arrogant, egotistical maniac, who turns into a cute girl in an instant...
dzk87 chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Why would Shampoo talk to her grandmother in Japanese. because, the chinese is Xian Pu, and Ku Lohn. Cool chapter, and yes, Ranma totally digs challenges. Like the reversal jewel incident.
beamknight87 chapter 16 . 7/31/2011
Brilliant. Great history, I really liked how you adapted elements from the OVA's and the manga in your own setting, ending it with a very satisfactory conclusion. You rock!
mynameisthedoctor chapter 16 . 11/7/2010
I really REALLY liked the lack of character bashing. Even good Ranma fanfiction has a little taint of 'serous business' to whats supposed to be slapstic. This is in VERY good taste of canon respect despite it being very different because it's fanfiction.
ClanCrusher chapter 16 . 10/13/2010
Your story has been reviewed and can be found under "The Fanfic Critic" thread.

Till next time,

ClanCrusher
Shadowalker666 chapter 14 . 7/14/2010
Good story. A couple of problems with inconsistant spelling but apart from that well done and interesting
Hat O' Doom chapter 16 . 5/19/2010
Just wanted to say this was a really great story. You kept the flavour of the series and...bah everything was good! Thanks for the read
IOException chapter 16 . 4/30/2010
Great story! I especially liked the open ending. Very appropriate considering none of the fiancees got the upper hand. It also had in characters, good fight scenes, plot and a good idea that constantly drove it forward.

My one concern is how I found it on ffn. I'm not really a fan of Akane so when I saw her name paired with Shampoo, I figured it was some weird AU pairing, so I avoided it like the plague! Glad I didn't this time as it rocked. if you want this hidden gem to be better discovered, remove her name. Maybe use Ranma instead (even though it's not really a pairing fic). Congrats!
mountainelements chapter 16 . 4/3/2010
I like the focus on fighting that the fiances gain. You don't really resolve the pairings, but I suppose that whoever you'd pick for Ranma would tick off a lot of your readers.
Ganheim chapter 16 . 2/23/2010
“It not stupid!

“We have new battle

[Why’s there a paragraph break when both are spoken by Shampoo?]

from earlier before.

[Repetition: I’d pick one because they both hold the same purpose]

and hopped away allowing

[away,]

“I don't approve of you're methods.

[your]

“Why do I have this feeling that things aren't going to be the same around here anymore?” Ukyo commented.

[Good writing?]

She felt that she could get used to it.

[You’re using “felt” a lot in this paragraph, I’d replace with “thought” here to avoid a feel of repetition]

to be non other

[none]

“It's from Ranma. Seems he and Shampoo are doing really well.”

[When were he and her going for a demonstration tour or whatever’s going on? There’s a huge gap between the last scene (party in the Nekohanten) and this, and I don’t feel like we’re getting enough information. There’s no placement, there’s very little who and what and how. I know there’s a few sentences that add to this, but given the order I get more of an “oops, here’s something I forgot to mention to you audience folks” more than an easier-to-follow order]

Ryu really could bring life by making a living as a bank robber

[Maybe this is a dialectism that I’m not aware of, but…”bring life”?]

and dropped down into an abandoned lot. The same one

[The latter doesn’t seem a whole, independent idea. I think it would work better linked to the previous sentence – probably either with comma or semicolon]

It’s over? Already? Speaking seriously, that was pretty good. The characterization and progression worked well – my only complaint was that the ending felt a little rushed, like there wasn’t enough room to really explain how things got from the party following the grande battle to Akane mulling over what seems to be at least a couple weeks’ later. Shampoo’s mother appearing and her sudden relationship with Nodoka is fine as they're both peripheral characters, but the developments of the Dojo and between some of the kids’ relations didn’t feel as fleshed out as the rest of the story (I think a full chapter could’ve gone between the party and Akane’s thinking). It was a good journey though. I hope you’ll come back to FFnet in the future.
leeyiankun chapter 16 . 2/21/2010
I love how the men in this story has no spine vs women! :-D