Reviews for A Silent Integrity
cd11 chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
A very good story. You did very good with this.
Alatariel Sirfalas chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I'm rendered speechless by your story not just because it is so sad. Its one of the best stories written to date yet. Amazing.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Well done. Being a World War 2 fan, I'm glad how detailed this is.
Loves History chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Firstly, this is one of my favourite periods in history, and as a teacher of history I think this was very well written. I loved the historical detail as well as the emotion - it is sad to think that the army were the only ones capable of stopping Hitler from implementing a police state, or from even getting into power in the first place.
Allie Martha chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Beautiful.

I just watched the movie and this piece of fiction helped me process the ending better.

Thank you for that, this is truly wonderful.

Some sentences, like the first one, and this:

/My crime is not that which I'm accused of. My crime is truly and simply a failure, against God, against my countrymen - my brothers-in-arms, and against my fatherland. I will not fail again; the punishment that must be brought to bear upon me is only worthwhile if it is from the hand of someone who understands the failure themselves. The three faces that would otherwise serve as my absolution are useless to me now, something for which I hold as much guilt as they. So, I must attempt to absolve myself instead./

my favorite of the whole piece, are really really moving and so very well written.

You did well,a deserving ovation to these while not succsesful yet still very very brave men.
Bobbie chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
This is unbelievable...so very well done and true to the characters. I absolutely loved it...this (or something like this) would've made a wonderful movie even better! Fabulous, fabulous job!
Aqualuna chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
This was my favorite scene in the movie
LadyTilBug chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Very, very well done! Bravo! You really capture the mood of each character, the regret at not succeeding and the reluctant acceptance of their fate. This was beautiful! I am very impressed and will be adding this to my favorites! Great job!
I Spaz With Pizzazz chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
absolutely fantastic. i'm not sure what else needs to be said. it's simply fantastic.
R chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
This...was beautiful.

Thanks for writing it.
Felicie Senta chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
HOLY. FREAKING. GOSH.

That was AMAZING. It was in depth and the words you used, brought it all together. I can imagine reading those in a real book.

I REALLY want to see the movie now, especially after these desricptions of men that tried to save Germany from more shame.
Marina chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Wow. This FanFic was really in depth with decription. I love WWII...stuff...Awesome job!

Marina
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
This was, to be frankly honest, one of the most powerful, evocative pieces of fiction I've ever read. The movie itself was pretty amazing in and of itself, but reading your story made me look at it with an entirely different point of view. After reading your story, I had to watch the movie again, and I see what you saw, particularly with von Tresckow. I sit here simply amazed by the incredible emotion this story evokes in me. You have a sincere gift for bringing to light the sheer bravery of those men. They may call themselves failures or cowards, but to accept their fate in such a manner ... words fail me.

Thank you for a story that brought tears to my eyes-and I thought the end of the movie made me cry...! Incredibly well-written. Please continue to write.