Reviews for Ren's Birthday
starfingers chapter 49 . 5/4
Hello, i just found this fic yesterday and have now all caught up. I really love the chemistry on the earlier chapters but I'm afraid it gets a bit stale in the recent ones. Kyoko's excessive apologies for her unworthiness of being a simple kouhai to Ren Tsuruga is one of this series' unique highlights, but I think it's a bit overused to the point it's no longer an important part of the plot. She's absurdly dense, yes, but surely not annoyingly dense - or at least, that's the vibe I get from the manga. In the other hand, Tsuruga is a childish man in nature, getting easily jealous or angry or happy, but again, I think it is also too pronounced in this fic. After all, he's still a grown man in his early 20s, and surely has some more self-restraint and patience (plus, his facade as the Tsuruga Ren is supposed to be gentlemanly).

Another point is that the story pacing is a bit slow, and the plot revolves around some specific things for too long. It was ok in the beginning but starts to drag since the kiss scene (although, kyoko's "I can't reach" reaction to the kiss is undeniably hilarious) and I was getting bored in ch40. Your passion is one to be applauded for - a running fic from 2009 till now 2014, wow! - but you might want to work more on the climaxes, cliffhangers, or some other development :)

-Just in case there's a misunderstanding, I'm not flaming. Why on earth should I write this much if I don't care about the writer?

Keep on writing! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A STORY WITH REN AND KYOKO 3
lashun316 chapter 49 . 4/28
nice, no more chapters I see. Still haven't had the party yet though
You killed me when you stopped there...more please! Soon! Before me and any others die from waiting. Nicely written and I was laughing pretty hard almost the whole time.
yorkie999777000 chapter 15 . 3/15
It's like an evil Yashiro-san! I'm having too much fun imagining how he has been replaced by his devilish alter-ego
yorkie999777000 chapter 11 . 3/14
Kyoko is too apologetic. It's beginning to upset me. I am, however, amused with the future kiss scene. I think I'll stay up just a little longer to read it.
yorkie999777000 chapter 10 . 3/14
Her logic is impeccable.
yorkie999777000 chapter 8 . 3/14
I like the director. Seems like a swell dude...s;dfa rtxcy v6u7fgf
yorkie999777000 chapter 6 . 3/14
IM SO TIRED! ITS Two iN THE mORning! GOOD STORY!
yorkie999777000 chapter 5 . 3/14
No complaints. Just love. So much freaking love. I love this. I love love. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yorkie999777000 chapter 4 . 3/14
Since Ren hates food, wouldn't making him dinner AND cake be more like torture than a present?
I like the use of Japanese.
One of your strong points, I think, is how you integrate the comical style of manga into the writing. I can picture Kyoko in chibi form with ease. You don't use it too much but there's enough to make me smile. :)
yorkie999777000 chapter 3 . 3/14
I keep getting distracted by how meek Mogami-san sounds. I almost picture her with braids and glasses and braces.
On the other hand, I love Ren. I think he has been represented well thus far.
yorkie999777000 chapter 2 . 3/14
There were several parts where I felt a disconnect between these characters and the ones in the manga (however inevitable it may be), but for the most part I could envision the scenes. I enjoyed Lori, goodness knows he doesn't care if Kyoko is exploited lol. Altogether, it was entertaining.
yorkie999777000 chapter 1 . 3/14
I'm the ultimately harsh person on fanfictions because too many have already maimed my imagination. Still, this was good. I hope that this level of quality persists throughout.
iwantanunicorn chapter 13 . 3/3
Ren was perfect, you captured pretty well his desire to tease kyoko.
iwantanunicorn chapter 10 . 3/3
He kissed her! His excuse is already a classic, but kyoko reaction was the best, it was so ... I mentioned that I love this story?You're awesome I could never write such a story!
1,502 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »