Reviews for The Reality of Runescape
iBetYouKnowWho chapter 10 . 7/11
I TOTALLY HAD A FEELING JOHN AND ANTHONY WERE THE SAME PERSON. I JUST DIDN'T EXPECT ALL OF THAT.

Wow.

Also (not sure if this is completely obsolete now, but) please keep updating.
iBetYouKnowWho chapter 9 . 7/11
"I'm one of those people, if you haven't noticed by now, who cannot let go of anything. I can't let go of any possibility, good or bad, any past experiences, anybody who is from my past. I tell myself: if you let go of it, you might not ever get the chance to have it back."

Yes. Yes. YES. I know the exact feeling.

Good insights from years later. Sometimes, it really does take that long to learn certain lessons. It's super intriguing to see you growing through these later chapters.
iBetYouKnowWho chapter 3 . 7/10
I'm sure you know this now, but... CODY IS A JERK.

Shout-out to Mia for being the real MVP. And yes, there are good guys who want virgin, Mormon girls who are plain and geeky. :) I still have hope in that.

Anyway, time to read more.
Taylor chapter 11 . 6/16
My RS name is Buffy1139 and I'm giving that to you and my first name because I have a story to tell you and sadly I can't login here from my phone because I forgot the password. I'm 24 and a female like you Mela and I use RS as an escape from the stresses of real life. I have been playing RS off and on for about 9 years and the reason I got back on to playing is a story I think the rest of your readers should hear. Now some info for what I'm about to tell you. I have been enrolled in 3 colleges but the important info is who I met at my 2nd college and my failing out of my 3rd. The reason I started playing again is because of a series of events that go as follows. After failing out of my 3rd college the friend I had made at my 2nd college decides to visit me for a week (he lives in NJ I live in VA) but that isn't the reason your story has touched me so much. This past spring break I visited him in NJ. Now to get a basic understanding of this guys and my "relationship" you have to realize that he was literally my only friend and he used that friendship to try to manipulate me into a controlling relationship. But again that is just info and isn't why I'm back on RS or why I feel it's important that I write to you. The reason I am back on RS is because one night during my visit I got so drunk that I blacked out (now more info. I was led to believe the drink had low alcohol content after all I had had one small glass at dinner with his parents the past few days but that night I had 2 glasses and blacked out). I have a strong suspicion that he raped me during my blackout. This is just a summery of the full story that I want to tell you because like your John/Rod the guy I met irl used games that we share and play together and text on a screen that can hide their actual feelings. If you think my full story added onto yours is something that those who have read and will read your story is something people should see add me on RS and I'll tell you the whole story about how this game has changed my life.
NOOBMAISTER chapter 1 . 2/21
Wonder what would happen if Eragon from IC came to RuneScape? What would the Rider say if he met a noob, or hard bosses like Vorago? Or even a mad king? A mad king better than 1k Voragos at once?

Read my story on IC and RS xover!
Sorry about the ad, but noone read it. 20k words, so im not like the other authors. I update when I update, but when I do update, I update with more than 1 chapter.
the story is bad the first 4 chapters, but starts to be better at chapter 5.
Read plzz
An Obby Pure chapter 1 . 2/13
Kudos for making this a dead on description on RS culture.
matthew chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
Awesome awesome story! thanks!
Ace Trainer Alicia chapter 1 . 9/19/2015
I'm sorry, but this is not RuneScape fanfiction. The game has a story, a universe, and characters, all of which are interesting and deserving of being written about. A meta story about players in the real world playing the game, with zero mention of the game's lore and canon at all, is not RuneScape fanfiction. There is a place for this kind of story, like a Wordpress blog or even Fictionpress, but it doesn't belong in the RuneScape section of FFN. When I browse the section, I want to read actual RS fanfics, about the lore and characters of the game; I don't want to read lazy quest recaps or stories about real-world high school students playing an MMO. Furthermore, your author's note even states outright that this is drawn from real-life experiences, which makes it real-person fiction-which FFN doesn't allow.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but this needed to be said. You wouldn't consider a story about real-world teenagers getting together to watch DBZ to be DBZ fanfiction, or a story about real-world teenagers playing WoW to be WoW fanfiction, so what makes this any different? Either write an actual RS fanfic, or just post this on Fictionpress.
Oshima50 chapter 11 . 8/16/2015
You'll find what you're looking for someday, Mela. Even when you're doing your usual everyday business, and the magic is the last thing on your mind...it will happen.

Count on it :)
Guest chapter 10 . 7/24/2015
Oh and by the way, whatever happened to Cam?
Guest chapter 10 . 7/24/2015
I read chapters 1 through 10 in three sittings. It was compelling to read and touched me in more ways than one, and actually brought tears to my eyes at some point. Very poignant stuff. It's a trip down memory lane for me too, having had someome (a kid) who was very dear to me, whom I had consistently trained, levelled up, and made my wealth with.

Although I did find true love on Runescape a few years later. I had moved countries to marry the man I met on World 113, while training combat on cockroaches, and we now have a beautiful little girl. We both play as members now.

But before this, I had another online relationship, with someone I met on Yahoo Games of all places, which lasted 3 years, but we must have known each other for 7 or 9 years. It was every bit as intense as you had described. We Skyped everyday and waited, sometimes arduously, for each other to wake up, given the 13-hr time difference. It just sort of fell apart eventually, when he decided to move to San Francisco instead of coming to meet me in person. (I later found out it was because he wanted to make his fortune first before commiting to me, but by then I had got tired of waiting).

Anyway, I digress...just want to say I really enjoyed reading about your experience. It was nice to know how you had progressed and matured, and it was definitely great that you had found your closure. - Potmonkeyluv
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2015
Type your review for this chapter here...
Runo chapter 1 . 7/10/2015
Surprisingly, I have had a few experiences that were a bit similar to yours. For fun, I had married someone in the game and tried to claim a house in Varrock. Now, I strangely have this sentimental feeling... Even though getting married in a virtual world meant for adventuring was strange...

He and I both had rings. He'd given me a necklace and I had given him a Team ## cape. I believe we married in the church in Lumbridge, or 'Lummy', as you say.

That was a very long time ago. I have an urge to giggle when I think about it. It's absurd, I know, and that's what makes it funny.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/10/2015
;-; such a sweet exposition. I am truly enjoying your personal experience in Runescape. To be honest, romance in Runescape can be both amusing and serious. Yet...
Helldragon.xd chapter 10 . 7/3/2015
Yikes, that was shocking. I guess that's why you called it revelations, like the bible. That's pretty smart. XD

But ouch, you logged on to runescape and didn't even think to invite me, lol. That's kinda mean. XP

As for the relationships on runescape... I would have to agree there's nothing real unless you know that person in real life. I still remember numerous friends who have quit and having no any other way to contact them, thus ending the numerous friendships.

...To be honest, I really hate people who don't commit to a relationship, because I view it as intentional hurt towards the partner who's putting their all into maintaining it. Why the hell would anyone start building an everlasting bond when they're only going to break it and cause repercussions in the end? I never understood it, and maybe I never will.

Yeah, it's hard to not think about the person you love. You just can't help but thinking about them everyday, even if it hurts you beyond comprehension. And yes, people are fake in the Internet. A lot of people are fake online, because they want to be something they could never be in real life. Games like Runescape only help to serve as an alternative to individuals who want to escape from reality, however briefly.

Even though Mafia had been lying all this time, I at least agree with him on one thing. You have a big heart and you do deserve better than people who just lie and cheat and hurt you. There might be a lot of scummy characters in this world, but hey, I'm real too! So don't count me out as a fake because I can't get Skype! XD

Best of luck in life to you Mela, and please, don't use a voodoo doll on me. I'm trying my hardest to get the app, lol.