Reviews for Smile
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Wow. This was . . . interesting. That's really the only word I can think of to say.

The whole thing was rather chilling and quite frightening. I could honestly feel Joseph's terror, you wrote that wonderfully.

Actually, this whole peice of work was written very well. Your use of colorful adjectives, strong vocabulary, and the overall way you would form your sentences really works. Never a dull moment.

Good job.

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours
dreemun chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Even to one who hasn't seen the movie, this is so seamlessly done that I don't want to consider any other orgin for our smiling friend. ;)

And that final first word about Batman... heh, Joe does have some nasty pun skills. Puts one in *stitches*.
nolongeractiveignoredelete chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Nice chapter.

You're a talented writer, I love the way you pay attention to details.

It's also refreshing to see somebody do a new spin on the Joker origin story, you definitely don't disappoint.

Update soon! ;)
WalkInEternity chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Great story!

I loved how you transformed Joe into the Joker.

Very unique twist.
timenspace chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I just recently have seen Batman Begins once again, and I believe you stuck to the script quite well. I think it's interesting how you have shown the turn from the half-crazed Joe Kerr into the vicious Joker.

Thanks. I hope that you do write more on him, the highlight's of my POV's in Worth Savin' Me have hardly done such a strong character like the Joker justice.
Tenial chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Wow. That was incredible. The psychology involved, the plotting towards Joker's origin was incredibly entertaining and adds a new layer to the Joker. The play on his name, "JOseph KERr" was very cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing a post TDK chapter with the Joker. Does he go to Arkham? Does the rope break and he falls before SWAT could catch him? Does he meet Harley Quinn? But anyways, thank you for this story. It was really cool.
Mickerayla chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Oh my gosh. I thought this story was absolutley amazing. It showed a different view on how he got his scars, and I really like it.

I think Christopher Nolan should make a short movie of this...only using different people and someone who can do an amazing impersonation of the Joker. Heck, maybe not even as good, 'cause I'm sure the Joker changed over time. :D