Reviews for The Accidental Therapist
The Wild Samlet chapter 15 . 10/26/2009
Haha, Jonathan compared the Joker to someone with PMS. That is incredibly hilarious.

And Batman has some excellent come-backs in this chapter. I like how he kinda sorta totally put Jonathan in his place at the end of the chapter.

I had no idea there was a novelization of Batman Begins! Is it any good? Usually books based on movies (in my experience) aren't particularly good...
The Wild Samlet chapter 14 . 10/26/2009
Wait, what? I'm having a little trouble visualizing the blood eagle thing...for some reason the image I'm getting in my mind it like, super ribs. How does it look like wings? So confused...

And I shudder to think of all the things the Joker could do to someone with just a cheese grater and a box of matches.

They had the pear on an episode of Bones.

And don't worry, having favorite torture devices isn't any creepier than having favorite scars (Glasgow smiles are my favorite too, though most any scars involving the mouth are cool, in my opinion).
The Wild Samlet chapter 13 . 10/26/2009
I'm starting to love Nigma even more, the more you write him.

"Other people think?"

That made me lol a little bit. Okay, a lot.
The Wild Samlet chapter 12 . 10/26/2009
I have never seen the Joker Blogs on Youtube, but it sounds like something I will have to check out.

"I’m not going to kill him, just paralyze him a little."

Pft. Awesome.

And I can totally understand how annoyingly hard Tetch's dialogue must be. Whenever there's a scene with him, I am amazed at how much patience is probably takes to find lines for him.
The Wild Samlet chapter 11 . 10/26/2009
Batman Forever may not have been terrible (it was still a hilariously ridiculous film in my opinion though) but Batman and Robin is (again, in my opinion) painful to watch.

I feel bad for the security guard that Jonathan totally mind-raped.

Batman wins though. That would be so terrifying, waking up to see him standing over you.
The Wild Samlet chapter 10 . 10/26/2009
I can understand why you'd be nervous about writing from the Joker's point of view. He's quite a bit to live up to, but I don't think you've got anything to worry about. He was very believable, in my opinion.
The Wild Samlet chapter 9 . 10/26/2009
"I'm...enjoying the carpet."

Win.

I love Alfred, especially when it's Michael Caine.

I also love Sandman references. That is my favorite comic of all time.
The Wild Samlet chapter 8 . 10/26/2009
I love Mystery Science Theater 30. Which movie were they doing?

I liked the break between Scarecrow saying that he'd like to see Batman try and stop him, and then about how he hated being strapped to the bed. It make me chuckle.

I am aware that my reviews are getting a bit shorter. I sort of write my thoughts as I read, since I think that gives a review more depth than just reading the whole chapter and THEN writing a review. Like, it provides for multiple thoughts, rather than just "I liked it, it was really good" (which I do, and it was). I'm just tired right now, this evening I'm sure my reviews will have more substance.
The Wild Samlet chapter 7 . 10/26/2009
Pft...AHAHAHAHAHA! My goodness, I could barely contain my delight when Jonathan called the Joker a whore. Ah...priceless.

"I mean, honestly. Do you hear the things coming out of your mouth?"

Ahahahaha. I totally agree, though I don't think I would EVER say that to the Joker's face.

Harley is so cute! I had totally forgotten she was in costume until it crossed Batman's mind. The timid "Yes, sir" was so adorable!

Yay more childishness. The 'you wanna know something funny?' 'no' thing make me chuckle.
The Wild Samlet chapter 6 . 10/26/2009
Your replies to my reviews make me so happy. I'm not not sure whether to be satisfied, or alarmed about the ship, but I trust your judgment. Your writing has never steered me wrong before! And I am so looking forward to an over-seventy-chapter story. It will keep me occupied for a very good chunk of time.

And I'm so sorry about the Jim Carrey and Uma Thurman thing, if that was a bit too much. It's just what's stuck in my mind, since (as far as I know) they're the only real-people portrayal of them.

I agree about being the least terrified of being taken hostage by Nigma too.

ANYway...on with the review!

I lol'ed about Scarecrow's little comment about Arkham not being helpful. Probably not too good, since I'm in class right now...

I completely agree with Nigma too. I think that if it were a jury in the real world, in a state with the death penalty, the Joker would be on his way to the chair rather quickly.

And lol Princess Bride.

Man, I never thought I'd say this, since the Joker has always amused me, but I sorta WISH Batman would break his rule right now. I hope that's what you were going for.
The Wild Samlet chapter 5 . 10/25/2009
I cannot even begin to imagine what the Joker could have possibly done with a teapot. Which of course makes it all the more horrifying.

It's sort of bad, but because the Nolanverse has no basis for Nigma and Isley, the image of them I have in my mind is Jim Carrey and Uma Thurman, from the Schumacher films...which is utterly mortifying.
The Wild Samlet chapter 4 . 10/25/2009
I love it when its Scarecrow. There's just something about him that reminds me of myself. I don't know how disturbing that is, being that I'm not a psychopath hell-bent on causing pain and fear (though I often think if I lose my temper about some things I might end up that way) but the bad mood and temper are something I can relate to.

I love the reaction the Joker has when Scarecrow tells him he's a hallucination. Ah. Priceless.

And yay! Batman in the next chapter.
The Wild Samlet chapter 3 . 10/25/2009
Man, your winters sound like they suck. I live where it's sorta a crapshoot what the hell the weather's going to do, but our temperature barely ever gets below (if to) the teens. Though we have nice random things like snowstorms in March, so it sorta balances out.

"By ‘favorite flavor’ he actually meant, ‘one that makes me want to kill the least.’"

lol. lol. lol.

And I cracked up about the Stockholm Syndrome and Batman thing. My God, I don't know if it was even meant to be that funny, but I thought it was hilarious.

I agree about the working at Arkham thing. If I didn't have any sense of self-preservation, I would TOTALLY work there. There's so MUCH to fangirl over.
The Wild Samlet chapter 2 . 10/25/2009
THE BATMAN DREAM WINS.

Ahem. Yes. Sorry, had to get that out of my system. You're not making my feelings about them any better you know. Ahaha...But it's okay, because I will continue reading no matter what happens.

I like Nigma. It's sort of a welcome change to have a calming presence around to balance off the craziness that's been going on lately.

I'm sort of afraid of the next chapter now, though.
The Wild Samlet chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
My God, when has Christmas music ever helped anyone relax? The only Christmas music I enjoy is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and that's not all that relaxing...at least not in MY opinion.

I squealed a little (inside, of course) when the first little section from Batman's POV popped up. Then the second one was awesome, with the hint at the sorta split personality on his side. I personally never really was of the opinion that Batman and Bruce Wayne were two separate things...but now that I think about it, it DOES sorta makes sense...Will there be more of his POV in future chapters? I dearly hope so...

The thing with the nail gun really made me cringe. Like, ow.

Poor Jonathan, I feel so bad! Mean Joker, breaking his heart and messing him up like that. God, this chapter makes me want to ship Jonathan and Batman even more...

Anyway, I don't think I've ever said this before, but I really appreciate your portrayal of Batman. All too often I see that the writers/artists who like villains a lot, tend to have the whole "evil is cool because good is stupid" attitude. It annoys me, because while the villains ARE cool, it's hard to deny how epic Batman (especially the Nolanverse version) really is. It makes me happy that just because the villains in the series are the primary focus of your work, that doesn't mean that you think Batman is dumb.

I'm totally listening to Johnny Cash as I read this chapter.
407 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »