Reviews for Suzumiya Haruhi no Injun
flairina chapter 7 . 1/6
Well, I'm kind of annoyed with myself for not finishing books 9-11 faster so I could have read this sooner. This is one of the best TMOHS fics I've read thus far. Well written, well scripted, and just plain well done. There was a quite interesting plot behind it all as well, which is more difficult to find in the Haruhi fandom than it should be. The "talks" Haruhi appropriately brings up concerning whatever has just happened, unbeknownst to her, I would think SHOULD annoy me, but don't. They're actually pretty clever all in all.

This fic really shined in chapters 5-6, where Kyon was going through all the sealed realities. You have a talent for writing him, as well as the separate aspects of Haruhi's personality- having Kyon go through why each of them wouldn't truly be satisfied as they were the way he did was very, VERY well done; I know I couldn't have as effectively written him doing that and I'm impressed you managed to do four/five different scenes like that so well. Having everyone in the brigade help out in one way or another was also quite a nice touch, I liked that a lot. In fact, even outside chapters 5 and 6, I'm impressed with how you managed to work everyone in to help in some way or another. Excellent length too, feels just right for what you were trying to accomplish.

Overall, I can't say I can really think of anything I saw wrong with this. I thoroughly enjoyed it; best of luck writing equally good things in the future!
Wowza48 chapter 7 . 4/1/2013
quite cute
Hugo V chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I've only read the prologue thus far, but I've gotta say, wow. Everyone is in character, the pacing is just fast enough that it kept my interest but didn't rush things, and Kyon's narration is spot on. The beginning paragraph alone was perfect. I look forward to reading the rest, I can already tell it'll be great. :D
DanielLC chapter 7 . 8/9/2012
So Haruhi realized that being an omnipotent Deity isn't the most fun thing out there. That doesn't mean she has to settle for this. She could have asked videogame writers for help. She could have created a series of different worlds, the world as we know it being just one, and given people the option to choose. She could have at least gotten rid of death and some of the worst forms of suffering. Instead, she left us in a world where everyone will die, and most will suffer horribly at various points before that.

Humans at least are godlike in our own way. We are intelligent. We can create technology to help us. But what about the animals who don't even have that. They have to live in fear of being eaten alive. Couldn't Haruhi have at least helped them?

I guess Trust in God or The Riddle of Kyon ( s/5588986/1/Trust_in_God_or_The_Riddle_of_Kyon) ruined a lot of Haruhi fanfiction for me.
ChaosRune chapter 7 . 12/7/2011
Well, this answer my last question I think:

"What?" Haruhi said. "Don't worry if you're not good, I've never done it, either. I'm sure once we do, though, you'll see things my way."

And having finished reading the fic, I must say that I really enjoyed it, I loved how you developed the 4 Haruhis and the reasons behind their existence, it made a lot of sense and it was a blast to read. I see you have a kind of sequel, so Im off to read that
ChaosRune chapter 2 . 12/6/2011
Its just me or are you implying that Haruhi likes to sleep around with random guys when the mood strikes her?

"Idiot," she said. "I already told you that I wasn't sure. I've never really felt this way before. There've been a few hot guys I dated. They were the ones I kept around a week when I was feeling really randy."

Oh, God, please don't say things like that to me.
Samuez chapter 7 . 10/6/2011
Unique, but very interesting.

Thank you for the read.
Durandall chapter 7 . 5/31/2011
I ... can't believe I forgot to review this before.

I originally stumbled across this fic on tvtropes, looking for something good to read in one of my favorite fandoms - and what a treat this was. :)

Enjoyable, well written, just enough genre awareness for everything to work, and best of all, just like Haruhi complains at the end, it's not a true status quo ending. I also thought it was interesting that Kyon didn't remember much at the end - usually it's set up so that Kyon remembers everything. That was a pleasantly surprising twist, as it still played out very well at the end.

The action sequences were awesome fun, and Kyon's perception in the final chapters was just brilliant.

In short, I loved it, and I wish I could offer more criticisms. Excellent work. :)
SakuraJade chapter 7 . 9/14/2010
Wow, great job piecing such an intricate story together! It was a bit confusing for me at the end, but for the most part, you did a good job explaining what was happening (even if they were just"theories" half the time). And the idea of Haruhi splitting b/c of her own indecision made for an interesting and unique story. I thought you did a great job with each Haruhi, as well as the other characters. You did an excellent job with Yuki and Koizumi's speeches and theories, and I can't imagine writing their dialogue is easy in the slightest. Kyon's narration was really enjoyable to read too. The writing in general flowed well and I hardly found any mistakes in the entire story! So that was awesome :) I'm glad it wasn't all quite a dream, but since none of them really remember it, I guess it doesn't matter either way. It kind of sucks that they don't since it leaves that "all for naught" feeling but it was still an entertaining read. At the end I personally would have liked the see something more come of Haruhi and Kyon's relationship, but you did such a good job weaving the plot together that I'm still glad I read it. Although, I wouldn't have labeled the story with the genre of "romance." Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share this story with us Haruhi fans :)
Anmynous chapter 7 . 6/29/2010
I wish I could add anything to what Another Duck said. Really polished fic (with some minor already-mentioned flaws), great job!
empathapathique chapter 7 . 4/14/2010
Guh. This was absolutely amazing. An incredibly well written story. The plot was wonderful and everything was just... well, amazing.

My favorite part? Koizumi going all G Gundam in front of Haruhi's house in chapter 6. It was crazy awesome!
enderverse chapter 7 . 3/1/2010
Super Saiyan Koizumi was awesome.
Another Duck chapter 7 . 9/21/2009
This is definitely one of my favourite Haruhi fics. It's got a decent length, a sufficiently twisting plot, without being ridiculously so, and the characters are mostly spot on.

People have commented on the irregular use of English versus Japanese mannerism, so I won't say anything about that. Once you used the word "ara" as well, which felt very out of place, even if the meaning was accurate.

While it was mainly around Haruhi (otaku), you did overuse tropes a bit. It's okay to have some references, but that was more like a hurricane of puns, and that only makes the effect lesser, as if you're trying to cram in as much as you can.

The last thing that bugged me was how you wrote Kyon's spoken lines as consistently non-verbal, no matter if people heard it or not. While I know that's a lot how it appears in both the light novels and the anime, it was a little overdone. The last chapter or two was much more balanced in that aspect, so they flowed better.

Speaking of that, the bit where Haruhi (goddess) could actually read exactly what was written was brilliant. It really added to her power, despite crashing the fourth wall with her medium awareness, and was surprisingly not jarring at all.

Like Haruhi in this fic, I really don't like the "just a dream" ending, but to the extend you used it here, it works. Nice touch with them sort of lampshading it as well. The interpretation that Kyon would remember the events partially makes up for it, especially as that feels like it fits very well into the Haruhi-verse. There is something odd about him, and having him resist some of the effects is definitely consistent with what we know.

Lastly, the ending was amusing. It made for a little overall progress, while still keeping it sufficiently close to status quo. Not that I mind breaking it, naturally, considering who's the god of it, in that verse.
Broken Kilter Express chapter 7 . 6/22/2009
Just had to review after shadow reading a dozen times before it fell into the next list of stories. Over the top, in the right way. Faving
Ou-Rex chapter 7 . 6/20/2009
That was gold.

I enjoyed reading this fic, so much so infact I forgot to review each chapter haha opps.

I had been meaning to read it for a while but had not had the chance. it was a nice story and a cute end.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »