Reviews for Republic Commando: Gone
Raw Sewage Writings chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Love your writing style, nice and dramatic. Plus I felt you really knew how to communicate through these guys...spec Ops Clones: short and concise. A very good read
Zast chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Beautiful writing here. This is what it's all about, giving emotion and feeling to something that we all can relate too. All those years back playing RC, I was hooked on Mandalorians and their code of honor. Darman and Etain have such a complex relationship. Seeing what happened rips your heart out. You conveyed this perfectly.
machievelli chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Posted 28 September 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but had problems last year so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. But you on fanfiction deserve your reviews, even if I am running late. But I'm catching up as you read this!

Some of the work I read is what I consider worthy of a professional. These are marked as Picks of the Week. While they are posted on Starwarsknights I am adding the best of the week where applicable.

Post Order 66: How do you deal with the death of someone you love?

The piece is short and brutally quick. Darman, the Clone who loved the Jedi Etain has to deal with her death, and as Boss thinks after, it's something you can never let go of.

The author made a comment I wondered about. Why isn't there a SW book category?

Pick of the Week
sleepycrawler1 chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
I haven't read the books of republic commandos but I gotta say nice job on darman
sithkillagal99 chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
ERMAHGERD SO PRETTY *sobs* I LOVES IT!
JesusFreakZoe chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
LOVED IT! It is so awesome! Write more!
HeavenONFire chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Beautiful, Ner Vod!

I really did cry!
HelloIamAJedi chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
This is SO SAD. I was so completely ANGRY when I read about Etain's death...at first I was mad at her for being so stupid, but mostly I was mad a Traviss for framing the Jedi as a bunch of murdering idiots.
Mirkenza-H chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
So sad...well, I cried when Etain died (and about Sev, who I love), so...*sob*! Anyways, loved it, even if it makes me sad! RC fics are amazing, and people must write more of them!

Mir'ika
RC-1177 Jeremy chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
hey ya...I'm yet another huge fan of RC...i'm really sad that Etain had to go though...i really liked her...anyways, good job!
thesummerstorms chapter 1 . 2/4/2009

Etain!

I *hated* that part of the book. Etain was my favorite character, as she was the one I could most relate to. I know Karen said in her blog that she had really planned for it to end that way... but it just seemed like an author trying to drive home the "Jedi are evil" point. I kept going, "no, you shab'la di'kut! Turn back! TURN BACK!" And of course, she didn't. I cried everytime I read those parts until well into a month after I got it.

But I love how you portrayed this scene. Poor Dar. Poor Boss. Poor Sev. I still say someone should have just shot Palpatine in the first place and spared us all the grief.

Definetly a fave.

Rev'ika
Arisuke chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
Hey man, I'm a big fan of Karen Traviss' RC series, even though I haven't bought Order 66. This one shot is good that I thought I was reading one of her short stories.
bronzeraven chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Really well done. I still tear up whenever I think of that book. There aren't enough RepCom fanfics out there. I'm glad I came across this. Short and meaningful, a great little piece. Poor Dar'ika...

"Now, the war was over as far as Boss was concerned, but for Darman… it never would."

Very well put.

-b.r
guywhosings28 chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
I'm a huge RC fan as well...I really hated that Etain had to go. Great job with this!
daennika chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Nice fic! You really grasped the complexity of both Dar and Boss's guilt and troubles, whether it's about looking after their brothers or grief of a dead one...

I enjoyed reading this!