Reviews for The Birth of a Swordheart
Dola chapter 11 . 3/15
UPDATE...PLEASE...
Inuyashalovergirl4ever chapter 7 . 9/26/2011
Great job! D Lol I loved the ending of this chapter the best xD Hehehe Yeti's in Japan...

Well, anyway, I just wanna say I love this story so far and Im getting even closer to the end of it T.T I never want it to end. Is such a cool story -

Well, anyway, great job and I hope you have a good day
Riku-Rocks chapter 6 . 12/26/2009
This chapter was lovely and amusing. Kenshin is adorable and Hiko attempting to be kind to his deshi is very amusing (especially when said deshi reacts as eh does here, reasonable though it might be). I enjoyed the advancement of Kenshin's training as well as some of Hiko more unique methods. The continued acknowledgement of Kenshin's small size is handled well too.
Riku-Rocks chapter 4 . 12/25/2009
I liked Hiko's thought process, attitude, and interaction with Kenshin in this chapter. The imagery was great; I could easily see Hiko's reactions to Kenshin swimming in the smallest clothes he could find and how quickly the boy was learning both swordplay and other skills, such as cooking.
Riku-Rocks chapter 2 . 12/25/2009
This was another enjoyable and reasonable chapter. I especially enjoyed that it addressed Kenshin's previous lack of education, as it was unlikely for a peasant child or slave to be well educated back then (a samurai on the other hand...). It stands to reason that Hiko is responsible for Kenshin level of education. I could easily see him giving a proper samurai tutoring (calligraphy, poetry and all) as well.
Riku-Rocks chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
This chapter is excellent. While I have enjoyed many stories that take place while Hiko is training/raising Kenshin, I have often found it strange that they usually portray Hiko as having already been a hermit near Kyoto. This makes much more sense.
SilverKleptoFox chapter 9 . 4/13/2009
I noticed a minor discrepancy in your writing, and feltcompelled to point it out. Ina n earlier chapter, you mentioned that Kenshin's tenth birthday, he had been trainng ith Hiko for a year. In this chapter, you said that his thirteenth birthday he had been training for 3 years, but it would really be 4. If he had been training for one year already at his tenth birthday, he would've started atage nine.

13-94.
Raberba girl chapter 11 . 4/3/2009
Didn't have time to do more than skim this through. Not the kind of stuff I enjoy reading, though Hiko's appearance when they're discussing his sexual preferences was pretty funny. One note - if I was going to tie up a swordsman, I'd take away his sword first.
judith chapter 11 . 3/12/2009
please please PLEASE continue the story! and fast! it's so hilarious!
skenshingumi chapter 11 . 3/11/2009
I thought this was a very funny chapter. Of course, I knew that Himiko would be nude when Kenshin decided to surprise her. How could you resist the embarassment. Kenshin really got it it in this chapter, between his shock at what the birfds and bees were really about, his getting ratted out by his frineds and then Hiko's teases about his tanto...no wonder he left! It's fun to see young Kenshin portrayed as a regular kid, not subsumed by anger and not a saint.

My favorite line was, "His plea may have been more effective if he had been staring at her face."

I am glad you are still writing this.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 11 . 3/5/2009
Oh my gosh. I'm dying. This has to be the funniest chapter yet.
ZukoFlame chapter 10 . 2/14/2009
Bahahaha! I can't imagine what Hiko would do if he found about that...haha. Nice chapter. Thank you for the quick updates!
Raberba girl chapter 10 . 2/8/2009
I've been noticing this for a while, but as someone who's worked in schools for a few years now, I can tell you that children don't learn well, if at all, from teachers who don't like them. A teacher can be strict, have high expectations, and be sparing with praise, but as long as they genuinely want the student to learn, a willing student can learn a lot. On the other hand, a teacher who puts down the student and has no respect for him will not get good results, even if the student wants to cooperate. The Hiko/Kenshin dynamic in this fic sometimes makes me uncomfortable, because of lines like Hiko "looking not at all pleased at his pupil's achievement." I find it hard to believe Hiko would bother to find a student and commit himself to teaching if he doesn't want his student to progress. Hiko _is_ arrogant and thinks himself (rightly) to be the best fighter in the universe, but that doesn't mean that he would be unhappy that Kenshin is learning his techniques. Why would he teach them if he didn't want them passed on? And, while Hiko and Kenshin often have personality clashes, and Hiko was very frustrated with and disappointed in Kenshin for leaving early, I think that at least before their split, he did have some respect for his pupil. "His movements are rusty, but not his eyes," and all that.

Anyway, I could keep going, but basically, I think Hiko's too mean in this fic, as far as his attitude towards Kenshin goes. It would only take a shift in attitude; the practices could be the same. Like, instead of Hiko making Kenshin catch the sharp edge of the blade out of revenge for daring to be able to catch the blunt end, it would be more like, "Oh, so you've mastered the basic technique? Good - now you're ready for the _real_ test, heh." Progression instead of punishment.

Lol, suddenly reminded of Star Wars ("I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee!" "I can arrange that!").

I like how his fight against the bullies reflects his later fights when he beats groups of similarly arrogant, unskilled thugs so easily. Seems like they lost too well, though. You'd have to have Kenshin's unusual personality to not only follow through with your promise when you lose, but do it cheerfully. The romance itself was fine.

A peasant kid like Himiko wears lipstick?

Interesting that it's his left cheek, though.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 10 . 2/5/2009
What an interesting way to flavor sake. Kenshin was actually able to pull one over on Shishou. :-D
Raberba girl chapter 9 . 1/31/2009
Lol, "Good question. Now he's starting to make _me_ confused."

"If you still want to call me that, do it." That's a good line.

Meant to look up those words for you, but I've been sick since Wednesday. I'm at the house now and my dictionary's at the apartment, so I'll try to get those to you by Tuesday.