Reviews for Triple Jeopardy
Brenda chapter 29 . 8/18/2013
I loved this fanfic! I loved the Joe owes the best. Well written and kept you at the edge of your seat great. Work thanks for sharing!
PrincessGBRS chapter 29 . 6/25/2010
Awesome! I wish there was more in this series
Wyntirsno chapter 29 . 5/4/2010
Dynamic Duo lol. I liked this story, it was great. I loved the way Fenton and Laura took such good care of Joe when they were in the cell, especially Laura. Mother Tiger is right, she would have taken down every one of those creeps by herself if she thought she had to. Poor Frank being all by himself trying to find his family. It was nice to see how the rest of their friends were still there for them even now that they are adults, you showed that in all your stories. On to the next story, I am catching up with you slowly. :)
Ash8 chapter 29 . 1/11/2010
Hey there. Another great story. It was great to see Laura being so involved and being such an amazing woman. I really enjoyed the twists and turns to this one and as usual all the characters were wonderful.

Thanks again for a very entertaining read. Off to the next one now! I've been really looking forward to reading about the trial. :)
Surreal Epiphany847 chapter 29 . 11/9/2009
*sighs* I am banning myself temporarily from reading your stories. I finished 2 stories in one day! This has become an addiction! :) Seriously though...another great story. I have come to the conclusion that you like torturing Frank more than Joe. Yes Joe gets physically beaten and tormented but poor Frank! He always thinks his brother is going to die. :( But I still love their dynamic and the fact that Frank is playful too. I enjoyed the extra Fenton and Laura parts as well. They never were used enough in the Casefiles. I laughed out loud a few times. I would have cried more but my eyes are so dry from staring at the computer nothing came out. hehe I can't wait to start the next story but I will have to wait until I have done some laundry and actual work. lol I will return soon so I can neglect my duties once again and continue to read your fabulous stories!
catti-dono chapter 29 . 5/14/2009
red hardy...I just happened to fall into this category a few days ago and lo and behold I happen to finish this one as well as a couple of your other stories..damn good!..I do not usually read these kind of fanfiction stories but must say you are quite the author(ess)..I have been a total Hardy Boy fan since the TV series, cursing every time it was Nancy Drew and not the Hardy Boys...but truly you have a fan here when it comes to Joe (Shaun Cassidy, yum)..love it when Joe gets himself into messes and poor Frank has to go and rescue him..laughs..BTW?. if you do not mind me asking...who is Iola? must have hit a blind spot on my side...wonder if that would be a story to tell?..anyway just wanted to drop this down and say thanks for writing great stories about Joe...catti
Destiny JoRayne Adams chapter 29 . 4/22/2009
Wow. I just finished your series and I am totally speechless. But...being the nice person that I am, I will try to say something to make you feel good.

At first, I didn't try your stories because I knew that Joe and Vanessa were living together and that bothers me, but then I read Under the Influence and I barely was finished with that one when I started the next.

I'm glad I gave you a chance and I can't wait to see more from you!

As Always,

Desi
AliciaLily chapter 29 . 4/19/2009
Hm...interesting. I know that I read this chapter the other day and yet I didn't leave a review. Bad, bad, bad.

I love your endings...seriously. I do. You take us all on a roller coaster for chapters and chapters and chapters and then...ah...*sigh* a happy ending. :)

I think it's GREAT that Joe gets to spend his recovery time at that AMAZING safe house. The boy certainly deserves it.

And let me just say...I LOVED THE SCENE WITH LAURA AND FENTON! I absolutely love that she wasn't placating and essentially patting him on the head and going "oh it's alright honey! no worries!" I just...love that.

Of course, the evil side of me is thinking...well, what if he HAD taken him to the hospital? and the hospital HAD been blown up? What then Laura? ( :) I'm pretty evil...)

"I know." Frank smiled that infuriating smile Joe hated. The smile he used when he wanted to say ‘I’m-not-telling-you-everything-and-I-don’t-intend-to-so-don’t ask.’

-THAT is the most infuriating smile of all time. My sister gives me that smile sometimes. UGH!

"I know you were there," Joe mumbled as Frank helped him carefully get out of the chair and into a standing position.

"Sure I was," Frank humored him, staying close to his brother in case Joe needed any help.

"You can’t fool me."

"Of course not."

-*Grin* I love those two.

"I don’t know. It’s been so long now I figured we could just be terminally engaged," Joe teased her.

-LOL! Oh no you don't mister!

Yay! They set a date! And they said it would never happen. PSH...shows how much they know,huh?

Great, wonderful, happy ending to a wonderful story. Great work Red! I can't wait to read your next story!
whashaza chapter 29 . 4/17/2009
Thanks for a great read. Good story. Looking forward to more from you.
AliciaLily chapter 28 . 4/16/2009
Oh WOW! My relief is so huge right now...it's amazing. I AM SO GLAD Joe is going to be alright. Man, either those doctors don't know much about what they're doing or Frank's words really kicked Joe into gear. :)

"Whatever you said must’ve gotten through to him." Callie’s voice was muffled against Frank’s shoulder.

Frank stiffened. "What did you say?"

Callie pulled away slightly and looked at him. "Joe must’ve heard you."

"Dr. Andress specifically said I couldn’t go see him."

Callie grinned. "And I know you didn’t let that stop you for one second

-LOL! HA! Yep, I knew it!

Okay, the whole scene with everyone in the hospital room was just priceless and perfectly written. The perfect dose of funny after chapters of stress. Excellent.

Now what are Frank and Fenton up to? :)
AliciaLily chapter 27 . 4/16/2009
Is it weird that I'm totally getting teary eyed at the beginning of this chapter? Frank's musings and remembering his brothers last words to him...they have me all choked up!

Another thing...is it weird that I was feeling slightly hysterical and on the verge of giggling at Frank's stealth actions in order to get into the ER? LOL...The whole time I was like...my eyes are watering...I'm feeling devastated but I'm also like...uh oh...I'm going to start giggling in a minute!

It's a weird situationt to be in, let me tell you.

And then, as soon as he gets into the room I feel like crying again. Man, you know how to deliver one heck of a punch Red.

Okay...Frank at Joe's bedside...bring on the waterworks! Even though he was being all lecture-y I still couldn't help but get all teary eyed!

Okay...so the end of the chapter...starting from Frank overhearing the nurses...and the end. Whoa. Wow. Holy Sh**. Seriously. That's all I can think of right now. I am totally devastated. I know, at least I think I know, that you love Joe too much to kill him off...but STILL there is that doubt...and the way you wrote that...Phew. I'm out of words.

Great. Freaking. Work.
AliciaLily chapter 26 . 4/16/2009
"Last time they told us it was 108… Frank!" Callie grabbed Frank’s arm to steady him as he turned a ghastly shade of white and looked ready to pass out. Guiding him to a nearby chair, she sat him down and took the one next to him. Hearing someone approach, she looked up and smiled gratefully at Sam Radley, who crouched down directly in front of Frank.

-Holy crap! That one paragraph conveys Frank's love for his brother PERFECTLY! Wow. Just...WOW!

"Dad…we did this to him."

-Oh. Wow. No words. Absolutely no words.

"Not to me." Fenton tried to remain stoic but he’d never been in this position before. The gulf between him and Laura had been growing by the minute and it was getting so big he wasn’t sure how they were going to bridge it. If Joe didn’t recover, he was certain the void between them would be permanent. His voice started to quiver as he looked at Frank. "She blames me, Frank. She thinks it’s my fault for not letting her take Joe to a hospital immediately."

"Dad, that’s not true!" Frank cried out. "I know she didn’t say that."

"No, not in so many words, but she got the message across loud and clear."

-Wow. You're writing this chapter...while always amazing...is through the ROOF! Simply staggering. I just...I can't believe it.

"However, Joe’s temperature was extremely high for much longer than we like to see it. It’s no longer climbing but it hasn’t come down as much as we had hoped either. It’s been hovering at 107 for several hours now. He’s had several fever induced seizures and I’m afraid he seems to be slipping into a coma."

-Oh. My. God.

I am SO GLAD I get to move right on to the next chapter. I would FREAK OUT if I couldn't.

Do I have to say it? I mean, it's pretty obvious by my review...lol..but I loved this chapter...you did an EXCELLENT job.
AliciaLily chapter 25 . 4/16/2009
Vanessa had been tormenting herself with these thoughts ever since she had returned to the bedroom to find Joe unconscious and unresponsive. Out of the corner of her eye, Vanessa had seen Fenton turning to look at Joe every few minutes. A few times she could feel him looking at her but was unable to meet his gaze, fearing she would see blame in his eyes.

-Oh honey...don't blame yourself. Certainly Fenton doesn't blame you, if anything he's blaming himself right now. All of you need to stop blaming yourselves! It was no one's fault! You all did what you had to do! (even though secretly, deep down inside I'm thinking 'wasn't there a way to get him to the hospital in secret or something?' but that comes from a deep dark place that I rarely acknowledge exists. lol)

She pointed to a room just across the corridor with the hard chairs and uncomfortable couches that seemed to be standard issue for every emergency room in the world.

-Gosh, aint that the truth. If a person is going to have to wait hours and hours and hours to find out about the status of a loved one...don't you think they could make the waiting room a little more comfortable? It really wouldn't be that hard.

Laura felt the anger that she had repressed at Fenton and Frank’s refusal to even consider her request that Joe be taken to a hospital immediately come bubbling back up. Knowing she was just as angry with herself for not standing her ground, and mindful of a promise she had once made to herself never to speak in the heat of anger, she simply nodded. "I know you are," she said quietly.

Hearing the exchange, Vanessa, her eyes wide in shock, turned to face Callie and saw a similar expression on Callie’s face. Momentarily forgetting her own anguish, Vanessa wondered what the repercussions would be on the Hardys’ picture perfect marriage if Joe did not make a complete recovery.

-Oh my. Is it wrong that I totally loved that? I mean, of course...love is probably the exact wrong word for it...but still. I just LOVE that Laura is having that very real (and in that deep dark place of mine, totally justified) feeling towards her husband (and well...technically Frank too). I absolutely LOVE that angle. I think it's original, creative and interesting. Great idea, seriously.

Wow. Another great chapter Red...the ending, with Frank asking for one more wish and thinking of his brother. Very poignant. You really know how to tug on a person's heartstrings.

Now, on to the next!
No1butjoe chapter 29 . 4/16/2009
LOVED IT! Great ending and loved the brotherly banter!
AliciaLily chapter 24 . 4/16/2009
HI! So, I'm awful...but...well...that's all. I'm just awful. :)

"I think so." Although he was a little hungry, vivid memories of the blinding pain from the bouts of nausea he’d had after previous meals left him a little leery of eating anything.

-Oh, poor poor Joe. :(

Joe heard his father’s familiar chuckle. "Don’t touch it and it won’t hurt."

-LOL! That's actually a really good point! I always wonder when, in movies people touch their bandages or injuries and then wince...I'm like...seriously? What did you expect would happen?

"As soon as Frank is done testifying, we’ll get you to the closest hospital," Fenton promised, preparing for an argument from Joe. "They’ll have you all fixed up in no time."

-Part of me is still absolutely horrified that he's not in the hospital right now...and the other part of me grudgingly admits that it makes sense. Still...the boy needs a hospital and STAT.

After a little gentle persuasion, Vanessa agreed to leave Joe’s side for the first time since he had arrived at the safe house and join the others downstairs.

-Gosh, Vanessa is just amazing. Seriously amazing.

"Joe? Time to wake up and…" Vanessa stopped mid-sentence. Frozen in shock, she stared at her fiancée, horrified.

-NO! What? What? What happened! Now I know what you mean about being unable to leave well enough alone! AARGH!

Callie gripped the steering wheel, listening to the muted sounds of crying coming from the backseat, not sure if it was Vanessa, Laura or both of them. Chancing a glance to her right, Callie began to get scared. Fenton Hardy, an unflappable pillar of strength, stared out the window, his face a mask of grief.

-Oh no...I can just imagine the guilt and blame he's putting on himself right now. Fenton, you can't blame yourself!

This chapter was INTENSE! I've said it before, but this is one of those times when I am really glad that I get to move right on to the next chapter. It sucks for the author because it means I'm super behind in my reviews...but it's awesome for me because it means I don't have to wait for the next installment! :)

Your writing, as usual, is amazing and so well done. Great work Red!