Reviews for Trophies
machievelli chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Posted 28 September 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but had problems last year so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. But you on fanfiction deserve your reviews, even if I am running late. But I'm catching up as you read this!

Set when Atton was 16: A final message from a dead brother, and finally escaping from home

The piece is interesting in that we see Atton back when he was still only Jaq, and a typical teenager like an American one who does drugs, and steals his father's blaster to have fun. There is not enough said about the drug in the books I have read to know if you can smoke it or not. But it also give us a reason for him choosing that first name later.
tehPrincess chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
A beautiful look into a younger, slightly more carefree Jaq. This is the kinda stuff that really makes our scoundral more tangable. "Atton" is not his real name, we know this from the moment Kreia shoves her way into his brain at the Telos academy, and his name shows up with quotes around it. It's fascinating to think of how he actually decided on Atton, and your take is so bittersweet and personally painful. There is absolutely nothing on this earth that's harder to deal with than a loved one's suicide.

On a happier note, I love anything to do with Atton's contempt for droids. Reminds me of Han. His interactions with 3PO are some of my favorite moments in the films. Reading about poor Jaq, alone with this innocent little astromech when he's feeling so many emotions was brilliant.

This fic makes me love 'A Golden Cruiser' even more, and that was one of my favorite chapters in all of 'Sun and Moon'. Excellent work on this, my friend. I love it.
sharinganavenger chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Nice. Interesting backstory; it's unique. You do a good job of mixing action and emotion; it's easy to see not just what the characters are doing, but how and why.