Reviews for Protectobot Beginnings: Shield
Infinitechange chapter 4 . 5/28/2013
- Very cute and fun!
angrycupoftea chapter 3 . 12/23/2011
Haha, I love Fireflight...

"Can I have him? Please?" I about died right there XD Such a good story, wonderful job!
Bibliotecaria.D chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Hot Spot utterly losing it to panic really drives home that this is the first emergency the Protectobots have faced. As a combiner group, that makes their youth seem all the more real. Also, the brutal sharing of injuries that don't magically go away overnight really gripped me.

Over and over again, the Protectobots' commitment to helping hit me over the head. The weakest point they have is helplessness; they just can't fight that, can they? And Hot Spot worrying that they were in trouble!

Blades is far more violent than the others, but you avoided writing the Aerialbots or him as purposelessly seeking out conflict and starting fights for the heck of it. You're knitting team links and causes out of words! Gestalt reactions like feeling each other through the bonds and throwing up were both funny and touching.

Silverbolt behaving like a big brother despite himself is hilarious and "d'awwww" at the same time. Fireflight-! So cute! No, you can't adopt a Protectobot. (well, maybe you can if you ask first.) You handle the size differences between the different 'bots really well, even without outright mentioning it (the "little helo" comment from Fireflight; Silverbolt crouching for First Aid).
femme4jack chapter 4 . 8/22/2011
I've read this story twice now, and was so moved each time. I love both how strong and vulnerable the Pbots are, and the explanation of First Aid's visor is just wonderful.

All of those scenes where Aid is using his hands to make sure those he loves aren't injured just have me wibbling. This story is perfection, and what I will read any time I need to feel better about the universe.
Zea T chapter 4 . 10/31/2010
Lovely story! I like the way you drew out the close knit character of the two teams, and managed to portray both the extreme youth and the mature determination of the Protectobots. I loved the interaction between Silverbolt and Hot Spot, and between the two teams more generally. The way the Protectobots wibbled when their elder peers kicked off was both amazingly sweet and very amusing. Thanks for sharing!
Kick-Aft chapter 4 . 9/17/2010
I absolutely love your protectobot series. Including all of the one-shots. This is one of the best au stories that i have ever read.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 4 . 6/27/2010
NaNoWriMo rocks! Which has nothing to do with this story, actually. Sweet and lovely. I can't think of a single thing to say that might improve it.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 3 . 6/27/2010
Only one more? Nooooooo ...

I love the character development here, that we get to know both Silverbolt and Hot Spot better.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 2 . 6/27/2010
What a bunch of cuddle-puppies, not-so-giant alien transforming robots and all. Interesting take on First Aid's adaptation to his present difficulties. We're still rooting for him to recover, of course, but somehow, we're reassured that our little protagonist is going to be just fine.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Just a little surprise for Ratchet at the end. I've read three or four (or five or six; they're as addictive as potato chips) of the author's works so far, but I delayed starting on this one - adopt snivel tone of voice - "It's so loooooooong!" I needn't have been concerned. Every word is carefully chosen, placed beautifully, and arranged in affecting sequences. This story pitches right into the middle of a battle, and proves to have been the most economical place to start.

I'm always looking for people I can learn how to write from. I've found a new Favorite Author.
Thornwitch chapter 3 . 2/9/2010
Your evil plan is successful. Even though attempting to cuddle giant alien robot would result in probable squish.
Peacewish chapter 4 . 2/1/2010
I greatly enjoyed this. First the pain and terror of First Aid's near-death, and subsequent Helen Keller act, and then the switchover to Silverbolt's pov as he observes and interacts with the new guys. The excitement and delight when he figures out exactly who they all are was fun to read. And it all tied off so neatly at the end, when First Aid saw Silverbolt for the first time, with no way to recognize him until Silverbolt rotated his shoulder. The satisfaction Aid must have felt was palpable, and obviously a welcome balm. Now he can say he really is a medic.
Zho500 chapter 4 . 1/21/2010
cool. Very sweet and Cute. I feel sorry for the Protectobots purging their tanks like that though.
Onyx17 chapter 4 . 11/14/2009
Can I just say that this story was absolutely and possitively amazing! I swear I was either grinning, laughing or close to crying at every point in it. It was wonderfully written and I don't think there's any way that First Aid could have been more adorable 3 LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT!
MJFastlane chapter 4 . 8/29/2009
...Absolutely amazing. Much gestalt love going around. Love your characterisations, your writing style, and the entire feel of this fic.

Brilliant work! :D