Reviews for Myths
LiiMakino chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
I dont like rukatos, but this one is really something. I liked it mostly because theres no much rukato, just a hint :D

And well, i never thought takato could be so... deep? Well, im definitely reading it again, the evil sister is annoying me to get the computer and i read the story too fast.
Owl chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I really identify with what you're saying here... I guess anyone with the desire to create a world through words could.

I'll be waiting as long as you need. DR is good enough that I'm just relieved that it has a future to wait for.
Starfire201 not signed in chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Just stumbled across this, and I find it to be rather thought-provoking, and you raise a good point in your ending A/N. Nicely done.
Frozen Twins chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Thanks, this helped.
Crazyeight chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Heh. Takato’s running into the same kind of trouble that so many other authors before him have run into. That first glance into another world and the desire to put it into words so that others can see it is quite the daunting one, especially when you’re only just scratching the surface. Definitely something that I’m in the process of recapturing myself. No easy task that’s for sure.

“Look closely enough at any object, at any scene you’ll ever come across, and you’ll find it’s got a past of some kind. But more so…what you see isn’t just a history. It’s not all facts and dates, trivia and data: there’s beauty and truth hiding in everything. Take a look around, and you see a mosaic of colorful bits and pieces.”

I particularly liked the above line. Any time where I’ve gone outside when the snow is freshly melted in the spring and I come across something that’s familiar, or even unfamiliar, and it stops me for a moment. I wonder what nights it has seen, what sunsets have painted themselves upon it, how many people or animals have passed by it with a history all of their own…there’s a transient memory buried within. You cannot always know what it is, you don’t see it per se, but it’s there and whatever it is it tells its story like rings on a tree or the faded color on cloth. And what I find magical about it is that it’s all a wordless experience. It’s all left to the imagination, where you can go in any direction (kind of reminds me of something out of Tolkien actually. I think one of the characters said something about that).

I also liked the part with the characters being described as marionettes that happen to share the same dream as the puppeteer. I’m going to have to remember that. :P I’m not sure exactly but it feels like a way of saying God looking for the meaning of his own existence through the acts of those lesser beings trying to do the same thing.

A good, thinking short fic over all, and definitely one that stands among my favorites. :) Good work.

-Crazyeight