Reviews for Crossing Lines
Carrabasse953 chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Oh my goodness, this story is truly beautiful. This is my second time reading it and for some reason I never gave it much thought when I read it the first time. But after re-reading, this has become one of my favourites one-shots of yours. Both Li and Anthony are incredibly real, three-dimensional, fully realized characters - especially considering the fact that they were little more than names in JKR's original work. So, in summary: wow, this is great and you are great. Never stop writing.
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Anthony and Li are perfect for each other in that they're not pitying. They're both strong, honest, and not going to give in. Tony doesn't need to starve himself. Li has to think about what she wants.

They aren't patronzing or 'oh you poor baby, do whatever you want' they're 'you went through hell but don't be ridiculous'
Nongarak chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
D'AW, SO CYOT!

No, but seriously, good job.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Oh gosh that is so sweet, wonderful in the fact that it shows that no matter how much magic can do it still can't fix everything. Great job.
Yvonne Park chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
This is so cute! You did a wonderful job on everything!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
An insughtful little oneshot. Keep writing
sophia666 chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
great writing. This was painful, and hard, and wonderful. I loved Li and Tony, and his confession, and her awful problem, and the empathy they share. Was her lower body turned to stone? Thanks for writing this. I loved the summary, as well.
theessenceofsyd chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Angsty, cute, and perfect.
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
"“Deep breath, Tony, it’ll stop. Just gotta hang in there…you’re being so brave.” Li’s soft, gentle voice eased through the scarlet cloud of what the Healers insisted was only “discomfort,” and he shook his head, unable to keep the words from being a groan as he fought the useless urge to kick."

I just hate that the Healers insist that Anthony's pain is only discomfort, like they understand what he's going through.

"“Mandy’s still in one piece, even if some of the pieces are in pieces, but there’s only about eighty-five percent of you and forty-five percent of me left, so that makes two point three Ravenclaws."

Ouch. What a sad number, a sobering thought, and a very morbid description.

"“But if we cut me free, I lose not just my legs, but my pelvis too, and all my reproductive organs. They’re stone anyway, it’s not like I could have kids like this….” The bravado faded, and she waved her wand, repairing the cup and levitating it carefully back into place. “For Nai Nai, I’m better just lying here like some carved flower waiting for someday than being what she insists wouldn’t even be half a woman. And it’s all up to me legally, since I’m seventeen, and they need an answer really soon.”"

It sucks so much that Li's grandmother would think like that. No, having just head and arms isn't much of a life, but at least she'd able to do so much more (and be safer) than if she stayed there with half her body as stone. The thought of a piece breaking off and maybe puncturing something inside is frightening. I liked it when Anthony said that maybe her grandmother needs to see she's more than just a womb.

"“They’re not!” Anthony forced his eyes open, and his mouth was so dry that he couldn’t believe he could still form words as he cracked free the shadow of a manic little laugh. “You want to see a family have a complete fit? Wait until I tell my parents that after every nice Jewish witch they’ve tried to set me up with, I’ve fallen for a Half-Blood Anglo-Chinese Buddhist.”"

Haha oh that is just great. Not that he fell for her, but his description of it. Also, it really is amazing the words that come out when you think it's physically impossible for them to do so.

"“I can be a complete bitch sometimes.”

“Then I won’t have to worry about you coddling me when I have a stupid idea like starving myself. You’re beautiful.”"

Ah, so true :P

He saved himself very well when she said she was fat and he almost argued with her. Smart guy, no wonder he's in Ravenclaw ;)

"“Well, that’s just lovely for you, glad I could improve the scenery in here. Except they’re useless, just like the rest of me now…oh, for Merlin’s sake, will you please look at me and stop behaving like you’re twelve because you happened to notice that I have breasts? I thought we were supposed to be adults.”"

*giggles insanely* Oh my goodness I love her

"“I’ll just have to get my arse in gear, then. You’re a much better incentive than Kingsley Shacklebolt.”"

As much as I love Kingsley, that comes as no surprise

That was wonderful
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Good chapter. I was interested in this story from Undying, mostly, and I like how you did it. Excellent characters- a really great take on culture and her choices in that respect.

KrisEleven~
w chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
That was absolutely lovely! Hope to read more of this couple.
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
You really captured the emotions of these people perfectly, and so strongly that I forgot they weren't real, forgot this wasn't actually happening in front of me. Congratulations!
Violin Ghost chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Oh my goodness. Li and Anthony's thoughts... their emotions... you portrayed it all so vividly here, not shirking over the gruesome details, but getting straight down to the point and finding poetry and beauty in the grittiness of real life.

This was lovely. Thank you.