Reviews for The Scarecrow's Redemption
FFFG chapter 19 . 4/2
Okay, so here I go.

I don't love Kakashi, but at the same time, I love how human he is. His vulnerabilities, his insecurities, his conflicting emotions over his emotions in general. His effortless attunement to Iruka is addictive and I wish Tsunade never gave him that unofficial mission she did, because without it I think Kakashi would be more accepting of what he feels. That being said, he might not have been as forward in his pursuing Iruka's time without the incentive. His curiosity over Iruka is charming, and I just truly wish he would allow it to develop without running away at the first sign of forming an emotional attachment. I know why he is hesitating, and I even appreciate it for the symptom of tragic loss that it is, but I still long for happy endings just like anyone else. Your Kakashi is complex, irrational and so utterly a victim of his own unfortunate childhood. I think you've struck a good balance between the typical 'crazy jounin' trope and the (by now pathological) anxiety Kakashi displays over anything that could threaten his self-imposed emotional isolation.

I still don't know what to make of Iruka. On the one hand is sweet and earnest in all that he does, but then he clams up faster than anything if the wrong subject is even mentioned is the most roundabout of ways. I'm not sure what you have him hiding, or at least what Kakashi seems to think he's hiding. This last chapter seems to expand on that a little at least, with Mizuki and all, but I'm not convinced that's all there is to it (much like Kakashi I suppose). Had this continued I would have loved to see what further depths your Iruka-sensei is hiding.

I particularly enjoyed the scene where the two of them are playing in the water. It was so peaceful and an absolute joy to watch them just be relaxed in each other's company. I also took great pleasure is Iruka manipulating Kakashi into helping him teach his genin students. Its those clever moments that really draw a reader into Iruka's character, almost as magnetic as their pull on Kakashi.

Thank you for writing what you did. I understand that this is essentially abandoned, but should you ever check on reviews and happen to see mine, is it okay to ask for an outline of what the main plot points were going to be, or any descriptions of scenes you had intended to write but never could? Any further discourse really would be wonderful. Thank you for writing what you have in any case. KTN
FFFG chapter 1 . 3/30
Not really a review, more a warning. I'm going to read through what is here because I like your writing style and Kakashi's voice in this so far. I know it's not complete, and unlikely to ever be, so I'm going to keyboard smash when I'm done the last written chapter. Just so you know, you'll probably have a ranty/crying me in the next day or two. So yeah, warning.
jucaaccu10101 chapter 1 . 7/10/2017
lo leo
Anonymous123456787654321 chapter 13 . 3/21/2016
ok killing snakes is unacceptable. animal rights! gai would never do that!
Anonymous123456787654321 chapter 9 . 3/20/2016
cool
Guest chapter 19 . 2/10/2016
Great! Such a shame it wasn't finished. X
MillieBlizz chapter 1 . 2/10/2016
I read it, I enjoyed it! I'll carry on :)
Aliaissa chapter 19 . 11/29/2015
It's a really good story and I would like it very much if it could be continued and, I hope, finished
Guest chapter 19 . 9/20/2015
You're commitment to characterization is nothing short of amazing.

This story was so well thought out and I love where you were taking it.

I just wish you hadn't given up on it.

It's so very good!
TXJ chapter 2 . 7/26/2015
I'm longing for an update on this.
I also hope that this finds you well.
J chapter 19 . 4/24/2015
Love the slowly-building relationship and characterization here. Kakashi's PTSD feels very real and you're definitely hitting on something that gets glossed over too often with it. You have a lovely writing style; it's been a long time since an update, but I'd love to read more if you end up picking this back up.
AnimeSiren chapter 19 . 3/1/2015
I really, really enjoy this fic. I know it's been a while but I hope you come back to it. It's written well and I'm enjoying the interaction between Iruka and Kakashi. And all the cooking!
jess.c.kong chapter 19 . 9/9/2014
Man! I could have sworn this story said 'Complete' before I started, otherwise I wouldn't have tortured myself by reading such a tantalizing fic! But I am still grateful I stumbled upon you because I love your writing style. I am on the edge of my seat, trying to guess what Iruka is really hiding and when this will actually turn into a love story! *pouts*...19 chapters and not even a kiss! :( story-wise, your scenes flow quite effortlessly but I am still waiting for the story to move a little faster. I think your portrayal of Iruka and Kakashi are very close to my characterization of each, and you utilize their traits well in the story, whether it's the banter or subtle gestures that capture their idiosycrocies so perfectly. Hopefully you get the urge to finish this because I really am curious how you will flesh everything out and finish it off. Can't wait! Thank you for sharing! :)