Reviews for For the First Time
Marla's Lost chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
From someone who isn't a regular Gilmore Girls viewer, you presented a terrific story about how a young girl was steered by her domineering mother into a life she "thought" she wanted but it was only by breaking free of all those people telling her what to do, what to think, how to behave that she truly came into her own.

I enjoyed it immensely.
TL22 chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
This is so good I am speechless. You have such amazing insight into the characters.

To be honest you write the way I wish I could.
GilmoreGirlsAddict - Rogan Fan chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Great story
You've Been Gilmored chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I really really love this story. It didn't even need any dialogue.

It was descriptive and emotional and really well written.

I'm actually in the middle of writing a similar Lindsay story called Lindsay's Dean, and it's really great to see someone else's version of it. Great work; really.
mssupernaturalfan10 chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
I loved this story! I think it was a very accurate portrayal of the characters and provided a deeper understanding of their motives.
Christine Writer chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
i like this ending for lindsay! :)
vana naine chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
only one word: awesome.
StarsHollow4ever chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
This story has an incredible amount of depth. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree with the other reviewer who said it was great to see Lindsay's life in her shoes to gain a panoramic perspective and I agree with the other reviewer who said that this is one of the best Gilmore fans fics they've read.
CB Walters chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
So, I don't usually read Gilmore Girls fic, but when I saw someone was attempting a redemptive!Dean verse, I couldn't pass it up. Even though this doesn't really have a whole lot to do with him, I thought I'd check it out anyway, and I'm glad I did. I thought it was a very impressive example of looking at the same events from a different perspective. On the show, everything is from Rory's POV, which means we have to hate Lindsay. But you've done a good job of showing that if you walk in the other person's shoes there's a whole other story. I like that you didn't make her blameless; rather, she comes off as having been sadly manipulated and misinformed, until she finally begins to make poor decisions of her own. Instead of hating her, I now feel pity for her. Thanks for writing and making me rethink my perspective. :)

Now I'm off to read the rest of this 'verse!

-CB
Potterworm chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
This was a fantastic story and it made me care about a character I've never particularly liked before.
x.lizzy.x chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
aw! I like this! I was never really a Lindsay fan cause I was always 'yay! go Dean and Rory!' but this gave me another view on Lindsay and it makes sense...

good job :)
Mat Glue chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Love the way you portrayed Lindsay - showing that her relationship with Dean did not fail on all accounts. He might not have screwed up as much as everyone thought after all!

Can't wait for another of your redemptive!Dean stories. They're always good.
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
good story
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Wow, how perfect. Poor Linsay, she was brought up to get married. Never got what she wanted and always had to do what mom thought best. Nothing wrong with marriage and kids, even early marriage, but it has to be right. Sounds like Linsay's mom really destroyed two lives here, or at least almost did. For Linsay to realize she never loved Dean and just used him to get what was expected from her and to realize in the end he helped her to get what she really wanted, that was great. Her wish for him to be happy, even after he cheated on her, well it shows her true ability to love him. Not in a husband/wife way but in a "love your neighbor" way. I truly appreciate this story and look forward to read more in this universe. Hugs, Vonnie
Miguel51 chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Wow.

That was one of the best fics I've read in long time.

I like how she got what she wanted in the end, how she presevered despite all the crap that Rory and Dean (as well as her mother) had put her through.

Excellent story!