Reviews for To Close Our Eyes
Latias876 chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
That's so sad! I wish that Ed would be alright and that Al won't be so heartbroken... But then, life is like that and there's only one Elric left now... ;;
whatamievendoingrightnow chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Oh my goodness. I'm about to cry. This is so well written and ugh I just can't even deal with it. It's awesome in the way you write it and I love how you show the days and I just. Sorry. I can't even explain my thoughts right now I'm so aslkfjglkwefjds. But thank you for writing this, it really touches me. If you know what I mean, haha.
SacrificedAlice chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
That was beautiful...

There's nothing else to say
Took-Baggins chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
delusional? nope, not in the slightest. this is amazing! seriously, i love it! it's so well written and poor Al's worry is almost...gah! i can't even come up with a word! thank you so much for writing this and helping my day to start off so well! i think i may read this again after class...
greenteamoose chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
OMFG YOU'RE BACK :D So here's sending my loving review

I like the vagueness of the story, as in: you don't know when this "really" took place, so I went into the story, wondering just that and how/why Ed is half-dead. But as I read along (enjoying, in the beginning, the blood images and the time-flow with the first, second, third, and fourth days), my wondering turned into a sort of fuzzy feeling. As usual, I really love your style-the smooth transitioning of the initial hope into ominousness (I didn't know that was a word until I checked...) when you mention the doctor's odd sounds and Ed's pale appearance. Now that I look back, the italics in parentheses after "Ed has finally finally awoken" seems to be strained and forcibly said to encourage hope. I've always loved how you use the parentheses. And the time-flow thing nicely wraps up the story with "the fifth day."

Your fic really captures the relationship between the two brothers, especially Al's anger at the end, since he just has that kind of dependency on Ed. "All the grace of a dying man" is very fitting, though Ed doesn't really fit the image of "gracefulness" that we imagine. I'll interpret this gracefulness to mean his loud voice and forced laughter, as in his own happy self.

Overall, fantastic work. And I shall just imagine your effusive reply ;)

Farewell for now!

.moose
thewiseferret chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Well done, this is a very good piece of writing. It seems to me more like a look at Al's character and his relationship with Ed rather then a death-fic. I'd never heard that phrase 'all the grace of a dying man' and I think it's probably pretty inaccurate-but it works very well in this. It's believeable that Al would trust Ed enough that a word would make him believe he isn't dying, even when he's obviously lying.

I liked the line 'just this once his brother is wrong because surely there must be a God in heaven.' Al is idealistic like that-he was prepared to believe that Cornello could be real. All in all it rings wonderfully true.
The Feral Candy Cane chapter 1 . 1/14/2009