Reviews for You Don't Have To Be
PADavis chapter 2 . 6/2/2009
Oh cripes, you made me cry with this chapter. Gah.

Phoebe
LyssaLaughable chapter 7 . 5/23/2009
aww] I think that you have definately captured the confusion that Sam would've had in that episode.

That is so sweetP

LyssaLaughable
twinchaosblade chapter 7 . 5/13/2009
You honestly killed me with this paragraph: "The porthole on the panic room door opened and Sam turned his face away. Monster on display he thought. See class? This is the monster in his natural habitat. Alone. Chained. Worthless except for what we can learn from him."

I really loved the care Dean gave his little brother here and I wish I could believe they had done this offscreen in the episode as well because in spite of understanding the need for detoxing Sammy, how they left him alone all the time, not even trying to talk him through this horrible experience, I thought that was a bit cruel on the kid.

But after the "visit" from hallucinationDean I can clearly understand why Sam didn't feel inclined to trust Dean, to give into the hope and belief that Dean actually cared for him, and deeply so, even after everything he had done.

Great scene!
Meggin Lane chapter 7 . 5/13/2009
Poor, demon blood tainted and delusional Sam.

You did a great job of depicting Dean through Sam's POV. All the tentativeness and the cautious concern he showed through the observations Sam mentally made note of in his voice and body posture.

I loved the tender way Dean supported Sam up so he could sip the water. I miss those moments so much.

Thanks for filling in the blanks that Episode had in it.
klutzysunshine chapter 7 . 5/12/2009
Great chapter. Update soon. Poor Sammy. I realized yesterday that Dean saying he was a monster before the big fight probably made Sam think everything the hallucination said was true.
Samlover21 chapter 7 . 5/12/2009
I think it would have been better if you had done these in chronological order, it was just a bit confusing when you skip from sam burying dean to when sam left for college to when sam dies in Dean's arms.
jade02 chapter 7 . 5/11/2009
Thank you so much for this. I needed it after watching WTLB. I know Bobby and Dean love Sam, but I needed them to reach out to him while he was in the room and this really fit the bill.

This line:

"“All right, I gotcha.”

- that bolstered him as much or even more than the arm and shoulder and body behind him, supporting him."

almost broke me.

I always enjoy your stories and this one was one of the best.
tresta chapter 2 . 5/11/2009
WHoa!
bhoney chapter 7 . 5/11/2009
I can hardly even bear to think of this ep, it's just so painful. It was heartbreaking in here to see how much it took for Sam to realize that Bobby and Dean DO care for him. And sad that, even when he does realize, he's still so desperate to get out.

And this made me want to cry: "there’d never been anything so bad that Dean hadn’t forgiven him for it. Never." Much as that's true, I think Sam might've crossed that line at the end of the ep. It's going to be really hard for Dean to forget Sam picking Ruby over him, and then nearly strangling him, all while claiming to be in full control of himself, not influenced by anything. *heart breaks*

Really good job with this. You managed to wrestle a brotherly moment out of so much pain.
QuierdoMusic chapter 7 . 5/11/2009
That's so sad :(

But great chapter... Like always and always... :D

-.- I really begin to hate the Kripke-Sam
Musica Diabolos chapter 7 . 5/11/2009
Wow, this was really sad and powerful...it wouldn't make sense for Real Dean not to check on him after the seizure, so I'm glad you wrote this! Good characterization of the moment, I liked Sam's confusion.
IheartSam7 chapter 6 . 4/27/2009
*wipes eyes* Lovely...
supernaturaldh chapter 6 . 4/22/2009
Very good, I liked it- brought tears to my eyes. Thanks.

Denise
staceycj chapter 6 . 4/22/2009
This broke my heart. Fantastic job!
vonnie836 chapter 6 . 4/22/2009
So heartbreakingly sad. Sammy crying and lighting the sparklers, sticking them on Dean's grave, it makes me wanna cry too. He just needs his big brother. Hugs, Vonnie
464 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 .. Last Next »