Reviews for Figuring Out Christmas
twilightroma chapter 1 . 2/25
THAT WAS FLIPPING PRECIOUS AS ALL HELL I LOVE IT
Rose of Zakarisz chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Love, love, love it! But especially the nickname at the end.
bhoney chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
"In those first few days when the boy could hardly stir, Dean sat with him, and Cas rested his ear over the man’s heart while his small fingers traveled over Dean's face again and again. He seemed to be memorizing the dips and hollows, the planes of the cheeks and forehead, every bump, every scar, every little flutter and unconscious flinch. Readying himself to find Dean in the dark, perhaps, if the need ever came." Aw...*sniffle* That was lovely, so sweet.

Loved the Sam-grenade, LOL.

And this was both cute and sweet: "He found Castiel laying on his back on the carpet with his knees raised and his shirt pulled up around his chest, literally navel-gazing, completely fascinated by his own bellybutton. At the footstep in the doorway he was on his feet in a flash, though, throwing himself into the man's arms with a joyful shout of "Dean!" He caught the boy, lifted him up, hugged him close, and didn't think at all about Sam's innumerable worries."

Loved the scene at Wal-Mart, Dean trying to pick out a toy for Cas, and the other dad having the same problem. The desperation both felt was funny and yet somehow poignant.

Loved the image of Sam carrying Cas and the puppy in his jacket, and how Cas felt Dean's hand even through all of the layers and relaxed more.

This cracked me up: ""All God's chillun got eggnog!" Dean exclaimed, laughing, and Bobby and Sam pretended that it was a good joke, because the poor guy was still a touch hysterical and it only seemed kind." *snickers*

I was a little surprised that Cas didn't say anything about the significance of the holiday. I'd think it'd be a big one for an angel or ex-angel.

Loved Dean's enthusiasm for the holiday, and that he got Cas papers that made him officially theirs. The "Jonny Cas" thing cracked me up, too.

A lovely, heartwarming, sweet story. I LOVED this! I would love to see more in this series, to see some other firsts as Cas adjusts to life on Earth, and the boys try to balance hunting and taking care of him. I think they could make it work. Maybe only hunt on weekends when they can leave him with Bobby or something. Or just show us more happy fluff like this. Please? *uses best puppy dog eyes* I LOVE little Cas, and especially his relationship with Dean. Oh, Dean's birthday would be not long after this-bet Sam and Cas could cook up something cool for that!

I'm favoriting this!
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
sequel, yes?
Port-of-Seas chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
*melts from the adorability* It's just so sweet... I want sequels along this storyline! So cute...
achillies-eel chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Dean would so figure out a way to fit 'Cas' into his name. :D

(Sorry, I must really be suffocating you with these reviews. Come to think of it, I should probably be sleeping right now...)

Anyway, that was adorable. And the puppy was a perfect addition; I'd totally forgotten that Rumsfeld died. At least Bobby has a companion now.

Aw, Casy is my new favorite character! -hugs him- I really hope you continue this series-preferably, with as many sequels as you can possibly cough up. :D

Will definitely be stalking you!
FacetiousDruid chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
I have completely fallen in love with this verse.
suekosa chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
I love these stories, please write more!

I could totally see Castiel with the cat like behavior. You have been able to capture his personality well. Castiel would cross me as an intuitive child, who is constantly studying things and people. You've kept him very true to his character, which is not an easy thing to do when you take an adult character and turn them into a younger one.
Swasti chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Oh I do love this verse so ;-) a beautiful addition!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Again, I love both the richness of detail and the characterizations in your story. Everything from how Cas is a little magpie, to the way he studies his bellybutton, to how Sam zips him up in his coat; they're so carefully drawn. It's a joy to read. I love that Bobby gets a new dog, Dean gives a teddy bear, and everybody gets a Christmas. I hope you'll write more in this world, especially as you've got real issues to work out now about their future.
hercules1587 chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
I love this AU. You should do more. Please?
mustbekarma chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Aw, I love this 'verse. I prefer the ending where Castiel gets to remain a child. Keep writing stories in this 'verse, and I'll keep reading them.
trecebo chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Jonny Cas? That is so funny on so many levels. And the whole puppy thing was perfect for all of them to find their balance. Excellent.
iluvaqt chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Even though I've come to expect brilliance from you, it always brings a smile to my face and vivid imagery to my mind when I read your stories. This was no exception. From the outburst of "...a Sam-grenade, exploding all over the car." to Dean's expression in my mind's eye - gift shopping, dodging spoil children and exasperated mothers in the mall, it was all thoroughly entertaining.
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Oh my stars and garters, what a thing of beauty this is!

*stands up and applauds*