Reviews for Five Days
SoundScream chapter 1 . 9/26
oh dear, this is just so touchy
Los Grotos chapter 1 . 2/6
Sad panda :(
Guest chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Damn, that's bittersweet
DestinyKitten48 chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
This has already received so many reviews but I had to leave my own input just this time. I've been reading your stories and they are l great. Wonderful characterization and detail an plot.

But this one is different.

I was emotionally drawn into this one to such an extent, I could have cried. I honestly felt my chest clench at how morbid but true this scenario was.

So I would like to full heartedly thank you. It was a read I will not soon forget!
Actual Cannibal chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Amazing. I'd say more, but... I think that about sums it up.
Ryuuzaki Roth chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
this was really well written and gorgeous!
Gr33nT3a chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
I'm not really sure why this doesn't have more reviews as it is well written. It's a really interesting take on what would have happened.

I particularly like that Sasuke dies and the only thing she can do is avenge it, because she can't even try to heal him.

Thanks for a great oneshot!
bloomsburry chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
so sad
Skyrere chapter 1 . 2/5/2012

made me cry.

well done.
Moongoddess97 chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
This story was beautiful & made me tear up. I love your style and I wish you wrote more !
SammyQuill chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
This is BEAUTIFUL! I love every word of this, the way the story is told. I like angst too much to be considered healthy and fics like these are the reason why. This was a perfectly crafted piece of fiction and I'm very glad I was recommended it.
Nia the Authoress chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
i love this. may i use some of it to extend on a write a new story with?

angelraider chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
This just made me all levels of sad. Very well done.
blaircow chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Loved your story. The regret and sadness in the story is amazingly told.
poisonivylullabies chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
I've always felt that one-shots are the most rewarding and unsettling pieces of literature. All that needs to be said can be fit within a few sentences, like bold brush strokes, but all the empty space leaves the mind hungering for more and the hear aching for something else.

This is actually my first review, although I've been lurking and reading for years. I can not say that your story is somehow better than my other favourites or special in some way, butit felt like it was time for me to take the plunge.

Starting with, what I usually deem to be the most important aspect of a good story; the language. Good grammar is an essential that no amount of intricate plotlines can make up for. After that it's just a mass of shades of grey. Words and sentences are always in their own way just shy of absolute objectiveness, and as such writers strive closer and closer to that unattainable goal, to better make the reader hear what they have to say, what they truly want to convey.

You're writing is efficient -perhaps in the most vague and unusual sense of the word-, as there is a balanced mix of dialogue, description and words left unwritten. You manage to convey the myriad of emotions involved in the story without too many words or exaggeration. There is no need to make these emotions seem too intense to fit into reality, and as such their unremarkability make them seem even more heart breaking.

The characterisation is just perfect. Even Tsunade and Ino -let alone Naruto and Sasuke, about whom we only hear through Kakashi and Sakura as secondhand sources- are spot on. Sakura and Kakashi are so real, the same old, yet changed in many ways. Kakashi has to play the role of the assassin, but being it, being a shinobi is too ingrained in him not to show in everything he does, but it goes hand in hand with his steadfast sense of duty and care.

Sakura still has her soft smiles, her streak of stubborness and her tender heart. But gone is her uncertainty, brutally eradicated by her decision to follow and stay with Sasuke. She is clearly not immune to emotions or the consequences of her actions, but she is able to accept them as they are. Ona superficial level I always was a bit disgusted by Sakura's weakness, her attempts to show her love to someone, who clearly doesn't want it nor reciprocate it. But pride or sense of selfworth have no space with her self-sacrificing love, that only gives and expects nothing in return. That kind of love is something that few people ever understand.

What perhaps really broke my heart was Kakashi's words about Naruto. Naruto's sheer determination is the corner stone of what I perceive to be the Narutoverse, and to see him not clinging to blind hope or stupidity while enduring the hardships of his life, but so broken, brings the weight of reality crashing down on the reader. While Naruto's personality is the corner stone his world, it has no place in reality. There is always a limit to everything.

I'm no writer, but I tried my best to convey my thoughts and feelings about the story. Some things were left unwritten, as they could not be dressed in even a clumsy attempt at coherence.

I will keep coming back to read this story, as long as it has something to offer to me, still some empty space between the brush strokes.