Reviews for Spirits
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Wow, a very dark, moving story. The writing is lovely and makes it more of a grave tale.

The writing is brilliant. It's so vivid and full of details that make it come to life. The vocabulary is carefully chosen and the sentences flow nicely together. Some of the words selected help give it its dark tone. "The wondering shadows in the park that detaches itself and moves like water across the grass." That is my favorite line by how it's so descriptive and places an image in my head.

I really like how well you capture Rei's character here. She's often shown as cold and distant, so having the ability to see these beings would explain why she has that tough exterior.

The fact that she has sympathy for them really strengthens her as a character. The part about her death is one of the most powerful moments in the story. It's chilling, but really explains why she feels the way she does.

Excellent work with this story.
eirenical chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
This story was hauntingly beautiful. I love how, even though some of them are malevolent, Rei can't bring herself to exorcise any of the ghosts. This side to her, this intense sympathy, isn't something we get to see often in the series - she always seems harder, more cold. And the paragraph about her mother's death... ;_; Wonderful job, all around!
Sailor Novae chapter 1 . 1/21/2009