Reviews for Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk
I heard it in a song chapter 14 . 4/10
Just read this, so amazingly cute!
starrysky7 chapter 14 . 1/21
Absolutely love this story, hope to see more of Jack and Kathy.
Alace2 chapter 1 . 1/5
Love this story! I come back to it every couple months or so, I might have already written a review. I love this little world you've created and all the oneshots with Jack and Kathy!
Minerva Andromeda chapter 14 . 7/1/2014
I've been a fan of this story for some years now, but I've never left a review. Yes, punch me, I deserve it.
You know, I don't usually read Four Brothers fanfiction, since, even though the movie wasn't bad, the story was something that didn't really work for me. I like it, but didn't read many fanfics. The summary dragged me to yours...and I fell in love with it right at the first chapter.
I like Jack, I've always liked him, but Kathy is the real star here. I absolutely adore her. Maybe I see some of myself reflected in her and that's why I like her so much, but her personality, her looks, her choice of clothing...its perfect. I've never loved a character this much. She is so sweet, so complex, and her story is so marvelous that I just loved her.
I absolutely love how you combined the flashbacks and the present to create the story. Those moments she had with Jack back when they were younger and the actual story of how they meet again and begin that relationship...it felt perfect. You have a very beautiful style. Simple, but beautiful nonetheless.
And her relationship with Jack...WOW. Her crush, how she never really forgot about him, how he opened up to her and how he actually came to realize what she meant...AMAZING. You really managed to develop a gorgeous love story in just 14 chapters. I'm your fan, definitely.
I've read your one-shots too...but I want more! I'd like to read more about these two.
Congratulations! I loved this!
January Raines chapter 14 . 12/26/2013
This is a great fic! Really loved it!
snccrockz chapter 14 . 6/4/2013
This was a great story, I read it all in one night...

the ending was perfect, with a lot of hope left..thanks for writing this, it lifted my spirit today!
luise chapter 14 . 12/25/2012
THIS FIC IS SO PERFECT, THANKS FOR WRITING IT
Prevouslyknownasxocrazililkelo chapter 14 . 10/24/2012
Wow, What a cute story, It was really touching and I was a totally Kathy with a Matt of my own .Too bad I didn’t have a Jack Mercer as back up. Kathy is a great Original Character since I feel like almost every girl to relate to and every girl had a guy like Jack in her life the untouchable mysterious bad boy . I love how in all your stories you give us these brilliant flashbacks that link into the present . Thanks for this cute romance!
Ginny Hassler chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Wow! I am impressed
Nizhoni chapter 14 . 10/12/2012
There are some stories that are so captivating you have trouble thinking or doing anything else till you've finished reading...and then when it's over, you still can't stop thinking about how amazing it was and how sad you are when it is is one of those stories. I finished reading "Write your Own Song" today and needed more so I began reading this story and let me just say WOW! I am absolutely blown away, my expectations are surpassed by all degree imaginable. You are truly a skilled and passionate writer and I literally read this in one night because I couldn't stop. I laughed, I smiled, I teared I even squealed:) It was fantastic and I can't wait to read the oneshots you have written for this marvelous couple. and let me also say that Kathy was just a flawless character. She is real and awkwardly relatible and it made me enjoy the love story that much more. I honestly cannot stress how much I love this story, or how much I love your writing in general. If you ever write an orginal story through fictionpress pleeeeeease message me and let me know because I would be so happy to read it. Keep up with these exceptionally perfect stories and I am looking forward for more to come!
Aliya chapter 14 . 8/8/2012
So emotional atm, this story was really something special. I read it from begining to end and I had butterflies all the way through. Kathy was such a relatable and loveable character so she was a perfect OC in my eyes. The plot and how they fell back in love in one night was really beautiful. I cried as I was finishing, especially when Jack saw Evelyn after bring Kathy inside. I have a feeling she brought those two together in the coffee shop! 3 (i just watched the movie for the millionth time and was searching through the Four Brothers tag and found this and I have never been so glad!) I'm going to have happy dreams tonight. This story seriously took me outta the little funk I usually am in after wathing it. Jack Mercer is alive in my heart! :)
ILoveAnime89 chapter 14 . 6/29/2012
Loved it.
BriBri028 chapter 14 . 6/28/2012
Omfg that ending was so cute I'm like sobbing right now.
jonah chapter 10 . 6/6/2012
i read this story and i can not stop reading it i fell in love with bothe jack and kathy they are oppsite of each i love how you made the childhood freinds i can not see jack with anyone other than kathy now lol i wish that you write a sequal for them
Tara Laurel chapter 14 . 4/26/2012
I hadn't read this yet because I am wary of love stories with OCs, but after reading your other work I simply had to! This was amazing. It was so delicately and beautifully written. Simple, yet complex. Somber, yet comical. I like how Kathy did not have this incredibly violent and Jack-mirroring childhood that a lot of OC girls do. She had her problems and in no way am I downsizing them, but it wasn't over the top.

You are such a fantastic writer. Some of your lines here are just delivered so perfectly. "a song that was trying to form", Jack and the cat's truce, jail tome with Bobby being a Mercer tradition, the characters' contemplations on life, etc.

Great job. Love your work!