Reviews for The greatest prize
Crimson Cupcake chapter 15 . 1/18
This is quite possibly one of the most amazing fics I've ever read - and the characterisation was superb! Artemis and Kimmi were absolutely spotlessly perfect - Arte was the perfect combination of dry and sour, and plus arrogant-and-annoyed Kimmuriel was the best - I found myself cheering every time he rocked up. I'm serious!) Also I am honestly in awe of how well-fleshed and well-rounded your OCs are, with their very distinct personalities and their flaws and wow! Last but not least, bonus points for the complexity and yet simplicity of the one and only Jarlaxle - truly the greatest :)

And your open ending gives so many possibilities asldkfjalsdf, I had to "awwww" so often at the interactions between Jarl and Arte, because it was so heartfelt, and the way Artemis felt betrayed by an accidental non-betrayal was the icing on the cake. Lovely to see the drow matriarchal system being played out too xDD It really reminds you of how culture can't easily be erased... how deep :)

And my favourite part, the many layers and masks of Jarlaxle and the way he stopped manipulating Arte is too adorable. So cute. These guysssss. It depresses me that neither of them know real friendship, and so few of Jarlaxle's smiles are actually genuine (even though he smiles literally all the time)... poor dears.

Anyway, even though I'm like 5 years too late, I wanted to thank you so much for writing this because it was utterly brilliant.
Phoenix Skyborne chapter 15 . 11/16/2013
This was a really great story with wonderful character development. I loved the mixture of seriousness and humor.
Ordis chapter 15 . 7/20/2012
PERFECTION!
Laelwen chapter 6 . 4/20/2011
I love the way you poke fun at Kimmuriel. He takes himself so seriously! He's my favorite in this story, I have to say, as in your others. It's hard to make a character be humorous but dignified at the same time but he's perfect. Hope you do more of him soon (though I know you're planning it:))
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 15 . 12/27/2010
I enjoyed your story. And especially the care you took with the ending. I must say your ability to plot your stories still greatly exceeds mine - or at least, your ability to revise and make the plot pretty great.
Ambre Kingsword chapter 8 . 12/12/2010
Best chapter ever!

The discussion between Artemis and Rizolvir is soooo epic!
Arcole chapter 15 . 11/3/2010
Yay! Loved the close! I do like the idea of an AE/Jarlaxle mercenary empire. Vaassa would have been totally different if it had taken place here. No freakouts with flutes, no psychic crash, no doomed relationships. Just a lot of fun, lots of monster killing, new friendships, a possible weird alliance with Gareth Dragsonbane and crew as well as with the bad guys-probably at the same time! And Eldath in the mix, up to some kind of strangeness. I would like to hear that sometime! And as much as a nice romantic interlude might have been expected from our couple, I sure like how you chose to close it off. The description of the inn was fabulous and letting Enserric have the last word-complaint?-was priceless! Thanks again for taking time to finish the last two unfinished! I enjoyed the whole thing mightily!
Arcole chapter 14 . 11/3/2010
Yay! I am sooooo glad you've picked up on this again! I love the interchange between Jarlaxle and AE. That's what's been so fun about rereading (yep, the whole thing!) this story-the growing realization between the two that they are friends and they have something to offer each other that neither has ever had.

And Eldath. My goodness! I am still sooooo intrigued by what he is doing and where is going next! What a piece of work he is!

And of course I am so loving the Rizolvir/Yria relationship and how it has developed. I have so enjoyed reading their story arc again. I just love Rizolvir. The whole business with building his House! It has been too fun. Thank you again for updating!
Lady Annikaa chapter 15 . 10/31/2010
Claps enthusiastically! It has been fun following your adventures. I hope you'll come back to your world here and share some more stories sometime!
Lady Annikaa chapter 14 . 10/26/2010
*happy dance* thanks for the update!
Zolarix Aster chapter 14 . 10/25/2010
I'll admit, I barely remember what's happening in this fic. That said, the conversation between Jarlaxle and Entreri was good. Very in character, very interesting.
Ryoken chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Hurray! I always enjoy the suspense of romance waiting for just the right moment to bud, but most people either do it far too soon or far too late in the story. I'd say you have it just about right: you gave it just enough chapters for something of interest to happen after the relationship has been "offically" created. Although, I am curious as to who would be thinking about Eldath at the time...cause I don't think it's Yria or Rizolvir...Is it? o.O
Ryoken chapter 8 . 10/10/2009
If you were referring to the ending of this chapter as being "weird", I must disagree. Awkward, perhaps, but definitely worth the hilarious "Bu-wah?" from Entreri!
Ryoken chapter 6 . 10/10/2009
A very well-written chapter, this one! The way you managed to get into the wizard's head and describe how he was feeling seemed pretty accurate in my opinion. And I'm curious: did you just make up the drow phrase that Rizolvir said or is that actually the drow language?
Arcole chapter 13 . 8/21/2009
"They were much too close, and she closed the distance too fast, and there were teeth involved where none should have been, and hands that didn’t know what to do with themselves, and lips that didn’t know how to comply nor how to pry, and elbows got in the way and foreheads bumped painfully and bodies overbalanced and tried their best not to flail about too much. It was much too chaotic, too rushed, too inexperienced; there was too much innocence and too much fear involved."

That right there was perfect! Absolutely perfect!

I was a little lost as to where they were up front and how they got there, but soon figured it out. I am so glad they got their act together so to speak. I really liked it being from Yria's perspective as well.

And Eldath and Artemis are getting along just about as well as I expected-not! Fabulous! Can't wait to see how all these relationships continue to develop!