Reviews for Eve, the Apple of my Eye
jesslikescoffee chapter 11 . 7/30/2009
I love seeing Carlisle like this. He's so old, but really so young. In the books we see him as mature and experienced (yes in that way too but that's not what I'm referring to) because he's had nearly a century to grow with Esme. I like seeing the beginnings of that.
topazeyezz chapter 11 . 7/30/2009
I love this story. Brilliant and sexy writing. Definitely AU after the last chappie and Esme's constant state of PMS. Except for the killing thing, I think you nail Carlisle. Not as taken with your Esme. She's too strong and vicious here, more so than we ever see her in Twilight and very stiff lipped. She never even seems upset about losing the baby either which is hard to understand with her mothering instincts in Twilight. She seems more like Rosalie, to tell you the truth. Still a great AU twist to have her so pissy ;-).
justsayno chapter 11 . 7/30/2009
I think, since there are no SM published details of this time period, that everything you've written is completely plausible, not AU. Carlisle is hundreds of years old, surely what little we know of him from the books is just the tip of the iceberg. He's a much more complex character, given his history and experience. At this point in the story, Esme and even Edward are both so young in this life, they've yet the time to develop into the characters we know in Twilight. Even vampires who don't *age* can still *mature* over a near century of life and experience.
Finnster chapter 11 . 7/30/2009
AU versus canon is one of those gray areas that Edward hates but I'm going with AU for this fic. The tricky thing about canon is that an author can excuse almost anything by suggesting the character had that trait all along and we just didn't see it. I think this is what you were trying to do.

By following this rule, I could write a fic where Esme is getting it on in a threesome with Jasper and Emmett while Carlisle watches wrapped in a feather boa and call it canon. Technically there is nothing in canon to dispute that, right? We never heard them tell Bella, "No, we don't swing," or "Esme doesn't have that side to her personality hidden away where it only rarely comes out."

However I think it's obvious that most knowledgeable readers wouldn't consider that canon when you take into account what we DO know about all of those characters. That's the fine line you have to walk. What is an excusable variance and what goes too far? I think the murder of Charles went too far out of character for Carlisle and Esme's happiness about it was even more over the line.

What we know about Esme is that she has a very soft heart (she's still a big crybaby over every little thing even a century later) and Carlisle detests taking any life. SM told us specifically that Esme had been in love with Carlisle since she was 16 and as soon as she woke up she was thrilled to be with the man of her dreams. As soon as this fic broke away from that fact the author supplied, it became AU, albeit a really good piece of AU. Canon mustn't contradict given information and can't stretch too far out of character for unknown things.

So if we take into account all we know from canon, I say that this has stretched too far to still fit. It's firmly established in every book that Carlisle hates to kill. If Charles had been attacking a human Esme, I could see it in self defense, but strangling the man while he slept? That's not Carlisle.
Strawberry Dawn chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
I've been reading for awhile and haven't reviewed. I know- I'm a bad reader! lol...I love this story, the main reason being inside Carlisle's head. Its an interesting place to be. In my opinion, I don't think canon Carlisle would've killed Charles Evenson. So perhaps it is AU. I could see Edward doing it though. ;)
HeswamtoFrance chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
I say it is still Canon. Until you actually change or deny something that was written in the books you are still in Canon territory. Now if you had said that Charles never existed or something along those lines you would've crossed into AU territory. All this is, is filling in the blanks that Stephenie Meyer left behind. We don't know what happens there so we wouldn't know if it's AU anyway. I say it's Canon.

Great chapter. I love the ending, cliffhanger, it made me smile. Your mother is a genius, please tell her so for me. I hope to read another chapter soon.

George
siromygod chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
Oh, I really liked this chapter. I enjoyed how you explained how Esme felt. Great job. ) I can't tell you if I think it's AU because I don't really remember what was said in the books.
horseandbooklover chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
Please update soon!
sleepyvalentina chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
Still canon. I have no problem believing Carlisle (or even Edward) offed Esme's husband.
Mini Nicka chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
Loved how shes throwing him a bone, it should be interesting to see how Edward reacts.
Rosewood of Brazil chapter 10 . 7/29/2009
Rats! I wanted Carlizzle to kiss her!

I am betting . . . that Edward has a massive spaz and lunges at Carlizzle (don't you love my little pet name for him? lol) and they have a fight and Esme trys to break it up and there's a mini-domestic...

I LOVE this story soo MUCH! Its amazing!

And if anyone has a go about it not being updated quickly enough, I say stuff 'em. Anyone who updates regularly in a short period of time, is probably a bit of a liar, and if they're not, their qaulity of writing usually suffers, and yours most certainaly has not! Quality not quantity!

Keep writing otherwise I will be forced to throw myself off a cliff and get Carlisle *swoons* to bite me and I will be so full of blood lust that I will not be able to keep reading your awsome story, and then I will have to go to the Volturi because I will be so overwhelmed with sadness. So there.

xoxo

P.S: Yes, I DO know that I'm weird!
helliex88 chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
Oh my god this is canon to me lol.

When I write my AU I keep on thinking of this story and am so tempted to draw on it as canon.

Although I feel the same way about Bittersweet Hurt so I'm trying desperately hard to refrain.

Beautiful chapter as always, I simply adore this story.

Carlisle trying to skirt round the bed issue was so funny, bless him.

Your cliffie kills me lol.

Gonna go pimp...
pinkydog123 chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
Personally, I would like this story to stay Canon, but it also would be interesting in the beginning for Edward to be jealous, maybe not to an extreme but at least protective of Esme which I'm sure he already is, but maybe have just a little bit of feelings for her, since she is basically the first female vamp hes gotten to know.

Please update soon! _
ilovejessssss chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
stupid edward! ugh. oh well. i really did like this chapter and im excited to read more from both povs - esme's to know what she's thinking, and carlisle just because hes adorable :) haha. awesome update as usual, please continue!
Dollybigmomma chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
Seems pretty canon to me. BTW, Edward needs to get that bug out of his butt...
584 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »