Reviews for Wings of the Eagles
FictionisMyReality12 chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
ok... what the actual fuck? i mean, don't get me wrong but i was so not expecting that ending. why is this labeled as minerva and harry being main characters? SHouldnt it just be harry? I'm so confused...
serious.effort chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
I'm not sure why I followed this, habit maybe? Favorited it? That's easy. I loved this. It is strange that I find myself reading so many sad stories lately. Honestly it's not good for me, but meh :) Thank you.
SimplyHope chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Oh...Oh wow...This...This was just...I have no words.

Thank you for writing this completely and utterly beautiful piece. It was such an honor to be able to read this.
setting the world on fire chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I did not see that coming...
Bastassine chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This snapisation of Harry was nice, the story was good. It was funny and sad. I was also completly surprised by the ending.
StarDuchess chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Very lovely; I liked this a lot. It really played on Harry being an outcast even among his friends, that the trio is a trio and to break them up seems disrespectful of all they fought through.

I also really liked your use of certain words and phrases: memories he was never going to make, and such like that. You have a nice capture of the English language, and Harry's Snape-snark was perfect.
CazPeak chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Such a good story - then the repulsiveness of Ron & Hermione. I have to go poke my eyes out... so gross

This is why PAIRING LABELS ARE NECESSARY!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
love it! didn't see that coming although maybe I should have, love it!
PenNameless1994 chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
woah. Little bit strange, but I suppose it makes some sense.
emptyword chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Whoa. Apart from the ending coming completely out of left field (although I now understand the stepping stone scene with McGonagall guessing at Harry's problem), this was really, really good. So many meaty things to mull over. And I love this Harry so very much. He's bitter and insecure and furious and, above all, real. This is a Harry I can understand and empathize with. This is a Harry that makes sense to me. I've really enjoyed this ride with him.
Neural Ignition chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
It seems like I keep coming back to this story, to read it again and again,hoping to understand what about this fic brings me back. I found this fic extremely satisfying. When I read the epilogue, it was just... off. It didn't quite resolve the knot i unconsciously had. I never read a fic with h/hr/r before -though I did see some summaries but they seemed to focus on sex, not pathos.

Now re reading Deathly Hallows, one sentence seems more conspicuous than usual since reading your fic: Everywhere he looked, he saw families reunited, and finally, he saw the two whose company he craved most.

I loved every detailed sentence in this story. It's breathtakingly heart-wrenching, yet in the end when Hermione and Ron finally catch up, it provides unbelievably strong emotional catharsis.

Insomnia-Calling chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
:o Didnt expect that ending haha but i loved this :D
Morpheme chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
This was amazingly awesome. I got the pairing when Hermione did, and then it seemed so obvious I could have hit myself, which I guess was sort of the point(the talk with McGonagall! How did I not get that!). I congratulate you wholeheartedly on that, I think that it's quite an accomplishment when an author can keep you guessing for the whole story, but once it has been revealed and you look back it falls into place. Brandon Sanderson in particular is quite good at that, if memory serves... Anyway, thank you for the story!
Spennig chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Not sure how I missed this for so long... Very interesting transformation, and a twist I wouldn't have expected, but I can see working.
azurefirewulf chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
I love youuuuuuuuuu xD well, your writing anyway

It's that moment when Harry says "I love you." and I'm like Oh. I Get It. Wow, I feel dumb.

I don't know. That part wasn't funny, but I laughed anyways. It was absurd. Unexpected. I've never seen the trio as a threesome or like this. Your impressions of Snape are well written as well.

I think... I would like to see a non-Gryffindor Harry from you, if you have the time and don't mind. (I forget if you've written one or not, not including Logical Fallacy, where Harry didn't go to Hogwarts) I realize it's been done a lot, but I think you could pull off something unique and interesting. The storyline/pairing (if you decide on a pairing) is yours to play with, my only request being that Harry not be in Gryffindor. In any case, my only wish is that you write more .