Reviews for Their Singer
Lg1998 chapter 14 . 6/13
I read the whole story through. It was well written and you closed it out nicely at the end. I wondered at first why bella did not go and fight Tanya when she saw her hugging edward, but after reading the whole thing through, as well as the original stories, she always felt inferior to edward. So she ran to James. I personally think that she said she had chosen James to edward out of spite, to hurt edward. Edward was hurt, but the person she hurt in the long run was James.
Reading Bella's time with James made me feel sorry for both of them. Bella was obviously mourning edward, even though she refused to admit it. She thought she could forget edward, but she was already connected to him in heart and soul. She tried forget him, but every time somebody mentioned edward, her heart may have felt hate, but love was there too. Reading that, I saw a bella that had learned how to act to be happy, and pursuing a sexual relationship with James was a way to deal with the pain. She did care for James and wanted to love him, but her heart and soul were already somebody else's. She felt very guilty about that, so when James died she not only mourned his loss, but also the guilt about not being able to love him.
James was a tragic character. I was mad that he lied to bella about edward, but I see that he was very lonely inside; like Carlisle was when he changed edward. So he welcomed bella, hoping she would reciprecate his love. But, 6 years later bella still not had fallen in love with him. I understood his frustration and sadness, especially when he confronted bella about it. Looking at how you portrayed James, I think he knew that bella was not his true mate. That is why he manipulated bella into running away. He knew that a confrontation would proabbly not work in his favor. That is proabbly why he attacked jasper and Rosalie. I think he knew that even if bella were to return to him, things would never be the same. Bella would demand the truth from him about the misunderstanding, and then he would loose her, or she would not return at all from the meeting. So he committed suicide.
Bella grieved for him and rightfully so. But she was finally forced to face the truth about her relationship with James , and the fact that you can't force. Yourself to love somebody, especially if you love somebody else. She finally faced herself and acknowledged her mistakes, and finally admitted what her heart and soul already knew: she loved edward and only edward. And edward proved that their love was the true eternal love of mates and welcomed her back with open arms, and they were happy. This thing shows to me that to be truly happy, you need to go through hell to get there. I know you finished this years ago, but I wonder if you could write an epilogue, just to see how edward and bella found their Hea. Great writing!
I hate you.
Taze Like Darcy chapter 14 . 12/1/2014
Ok NO! Love the story at first but she wasn't supposed to be with Edward! James bought out the real Bella, Edward treated her like a fragile lamb! Other wise great story!
jadedflower chapter 14 . 11/21/2014
Don't listen to the reviews that are criticizing the pairing at the end! You write what you want to write!
I really liked reading this story - I read the whole thing in one sitting. The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the sex scene at the end. It seemed a little out of place considering the rest of the story, but again, you do you. I liked how you characterized James a lot. :)
Sassyvampmama chapter 14 . 11/20/2014
:) Thanks for sharing.
jlove34 chapter 14 . 9/24/2014
I truly enjoyed the story, but like the majority of the previous reviewers, I was sorely disappointed that she ended up with Edward. While I don't hate him per say, I read this story specifically because it was in the James/Bella category. You should clarify the ending pairing in the summary.
CayStar chapter 14 . 5/11/2014
This was written well, but extremely disappointing to non-canon readers. You might want to change the pairing.
guest chapter 14 . 4/24/2014
awful ending ! i hate edward and i hate him with bella
brebre99 chapter 14 . 11/20/2013
This was sad but beautiful my most favorite pairing so far and favorite story I loved it
Miss.BonnieBSalvatore chapter 12 . 11/12/2013
I'm disappointed that you killed James and I all ready know that this chapter and on I'm not gonna like them.
Miss.BonnieBSalvatore chapter 14 . 11/12/2013
Loved it all the way up until the two last chapters. :(
doritotasticwizard chapter 14 . 9/29/2013
Uhh. No. I completely regret spending my time reading this. Warn all the sorry saps reading this story that its not going to end the way they want next time, yeah?
Bree chapter 14 . 8/5/2013
I sobbed when James died and Bella grieved! The perfect ending!
TaliaFosness chapter 7 . 5/15/2013
Awh JAmes is so sweet to her!
Unavailablefornowon chapter 14 . 1/12/2013
I'm sorry but that is kinda fucked up. I sympathize with Edward, I really do. He did nothing wrong and a bunch of bad stuff happened to him but HOW THE HECK COULD BELLA GO BACK TO HIM AFTER HIS FAMILY KILLED JAMES?! Like WTF? Gahhhh! (Don't misunderstand me, this is a good, well written story BUT...maybe you should change the pairing to Bella/Edward to get less reviews like this one)