Reviews for Ground Rules
HaruhiUsangie0808 chapter 2 . 10/25/2013
I read through all of this...and I have to say...ITS FUCKING FANTASTIC! its the best story I have read in a while! this was original and kind of slapping the truth on our faces xD 10/10 and will love this story 5ever (and yes I meant to be gramatically wrong because I'm a rebel, Mamoru!)
Cookiefan571 chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I love this fic. Very amusing. This is the first time I'v read a fic like this before.
suumelo-onigiri48 chapter 2 . 3/27/2013
DarklitFaery86 chapter 2 . 2/14/2013
This made me LOL so much XD
Sailorstar2279 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
lol best story evea
angeljme chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
harharhar... this had me laughing in a very good way

so true especially on chappy 1
Jeanca chapter 2 . 6/18/2012
Quite nice the rant you wrote. And some points are really annoying, but others, well it's still fanfiction. So there'll always be some Usagi/Seiya shippers, just let them be ;) Anyway, still a very nice idea to let Mamoru rant, but I have to point out that you suddenly wrote "Serena" instead of "Usagi" in the first chapter, while not quoting another fiction, but writing from Mamorus POV.
Danielle Winters chapter 2 . 3/15/2012
*Standing Ovation and claps frantically*

I was smiling from ear to ear when I read this. It is really hard to look for a very good Mamoru x Usagi fics nowadays. I do write fics for Sailor Moon as well and may have breeched some of the ground rules but hey I love you story! I can just imagine Mamoru Chiba v Nice Job and keep writing!
Curiously-Insane chapter 2 . 2/20/2012
Hahaha nice, it's so true, especially the pairings and grammar stuff.

I myself gave up on finding good serious fanfics and now mostly just read crackfics for fun, because at least those are supposed to be silly and even then tend to have better grammar etc
WinniUsagi chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
This was amazing. I cannot tell you how much I green with your/Mamoru's ideas about most of the Sailor Moon stories here. Oh God you captured those perfectly. Especially the rain fic (;

Great job on this story. Honestly, this is perfect.
Vipaka chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
While I fully endorse what you're trying to support in this fic here, I think you are mistaken about the killing off characters ground rule. Fanfiction authors who are so attatched to these fictional characters(not even of their own creation, mind you) that they can't bear to part with them even after long drawn out way-past-their-expiration date 50 chapter long stories are far worse than fanfiction authors who know how to let a good thing go. And bringing them back to life is even *worse* advice. The Disney-esque happily ever after ending is not a mandate for every story, and its especially inappropriate in the rain, abuse and whatever else fics you're trying to target and address here. Bringing back the dead just proves that you are a weak person, and by the associative property, author. Encouraging teens and tweens to write the Ginzuishou(or any other life-giving magical powers in this fandom) as if it were some holy grail of revitalization is a bad idea, and will result in fanfics which lack not only substance, but the sense of being grounded in reality that Takeuchi always maintained. No one in the Sailor Moon universe is exempt to brainwashing(see Stars arc), and none of the characters are immune to death. The way she treated it, the threat of death was always imminent, and always poignant(see Setsuna's death in R arc, Hotaru's death, and rebirth, in S arc). It was not something she deliberately trivialized with the magical powers she bestowed onto her characters.

Beyond that, please continue this fic! I hope more people read this so that there is less sludge written and displayed in with the Sailor Moon fanfiction universe. You have a great start so far.
NinthFeather chapter 2 . 7/29/2010
Yay for letting poor Mamo-chan have his rant. Also yay for all the stuff you said. I agree with you. Grammar is not that hard people, and the Sailor Moon canon is not so complicated that you can't at least look up the stuff you don't know and stick to the facts. Also, Sailor SenshiXSailor Senshi pairings that aren't Haruka and Michuru are just creepy. Thank you, and Mamoru, for actually pointing this stuff out.
Neonlights chapter 1 . 5/3/2010

MoonlightMaiden14 chapter 2 . 1/9/2010
This was funny, but could be hurtful to people who do write the ways you've mentioned. But do we care, no. Great job with the sarcasm; it's such a brilliant thing.
AngelMoon Girl chapter 2 . 11/13/2009
I quite enjoyed this little rant... and I know what you mean; cliched can be INCREDIBLY annoying. But, I must admit, I too am guilty of that umbrage. My old stories are positively OOZING with cliched plots; it's really rather revolting ;P I even warn in my summary of "Thunder and Chocolate" (oh, the horrors! I really do abhor that old fic, but can't seem to take it down... one day, I'll edit it...) that readers should beware the excess to which cliche is used.

Anyways, well done! I also laud your grammar, and inclusion of story (so it wasn't just Mamoru sitting down and rambling).
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »