Reviews for Perfect
lenokiie chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I stumbled on to this, and I must say, that is so sad D: Poor Gillette!
Paigey Poo chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Woah! I did NOT see that coming! It was cute though. It would be cool if you did this from James's point of view. And I do have to agree with Andre, James is pretty attractive. He's HAWT. LOL, I liked it.
damsel-in-stress chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Bloody Elizabeth! I never liked that woman and now you have successfully made me despise her..

"But instead André wanted to die. Or perhaps for Elizabeth to die." - I know how you feel, André mate..

This wasn't what i was expecting but it was wonderfully written and i enjoyed it anyway. I am not a big slash reader but I really felt sorry for Gillette and you made it all seem so real! I liked the bitter repetition of 'perfect' through out the fic.

“God, André wanted to speak. No—he wanted to shout, to scream, to do anything to keep this marriage from happening. He loved James, so much, and Miss Swann did not. He could see it in her face—she did not desire to become Mrs. Norrington. She loved Turner. Not James. James could never be happy with her, not really.” – You made me want to shout too! *Gah* stupid Lizzibeth..

Brilliant little episode. Very easy to imagine.

Thanks for sharing.

~Damsel D
hurricane1714 chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Aw! This is so sad! There were a couple of typos but other wise not bad at all. I addmit I thought this story was going to be about Will, but the one-sided Gillington was a good twist.
auri mynonys chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Very nice bit here, Leila - very sad. Tragic romance is the worst kind. Interesting twist at the end with Groves also being in love with James - and nice subtle way to bring it in.

There are a couple of typos/awkward wordings - read through it again aloud and get those corrected. Also: I think it might be "forever hold your peace," rather than "piece," but I'm not positive - check on it.

I don't know if the ladies of high society would use the term "seduce" when they're thinking of all the wealthy bachelors - that implies all kinds of sexualness and most likely they'd want to at least pretend their intentions were purer than that. "Flirt" might be a better choice.

The repitition of the word "perfect," "perfectness," etc. gets a bit irritating at times - I understand that the word is the title, but the repitition of it didn't work for me. You might want to vary it a little.

Other than that, interesting story.