Reviews for Hackamore 11 : Parchment and Old Ink
aloha94 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
I think I've finally pinpointed what I love about your writing. The amount of care and detail that you pour into every single aspect of your stories is amazing. I love the way that I become fascinated by and invested in the lives of not just the main characters but the OC's and supporting characters as well. Whenever you describe a room, a street, a town, or a person, I can vividly picture them in my mind. I'm not a writer myself, but I read constantly and I think I've been able to develop an appreciation for truly skilled writing. I believe that is why I am always coming back to your stories. I've read every single chapter of every Hackamore story more than twice, and I still find myself eager to come back to them.
texas2step chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Well it took me long enough to get to this very entertaining story. I have so enjoyed this series. I love the way you show us the Lancers through other's eyes. I have to tell you that your attention to details really brings out so much of the characters. It seems to make them even more real. I'm so glad I can add this to the series I have saved in my favorites catagory. As always I look forward to your work. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
shallowz chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Okay, so didn't have to wait very long to read the next installment.:)

It was a pleasure to read this, and have the too short ending of the first show filled in so nicely. Again, liked the way you took a minor character and made him so much more.

The dialogue between Johnny and Scott, though brief, was as enjoyable as it has been in the previous stories.

Wonderfully done!
Cadillac Red chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Yet another amazing story in this series! You set the stage so well, then populate it with fully realized, nuanced original characters who provide a framework on which the Lancer characters come to life in recognizable yet slightly new ways. I loveyour description of the agreement signing, a scene I've watched many times over. You filled it out from a new perspective I never considered. I am awed by the quality of your writing and your ability to create original characters that seem to "belong" in this time and place we all remember from the series. Great writing! Beautifully done!