Reviews for Distorted Perceptions
Akturaq chapter 2 . 2/6
This is what I think the beauty of the show was about and the function on sci fi. Propose a scenario and then explore how that changes what it means to be human. The show lost that with their contrived and artificial scenarios (like the virus) when all they needed to do was explore the original concept. I really appreciate your story.
ViolettBlack chapter 4 . 11/15/2014
Please add at least another chapter to this fanfiction! Max and Logan deserve a happy end. It is already bad enough that they didn't get it in the series on TV.
Trinity Destler chapter 3 . 3/26/2010
You're getting Max and the Jam Pony crew pretty perfectly, but I have to say, I don't think you've really been fair to Logan in this story.

And this chapter; why would he have adjusted? It hadn't even been a year since the shooting and it usually takes much longer than that to accept everything it means to be paraplegic. I know that's Max talking, but I think they had come to something of an understanding about that and there's the hairy issue of her residual guilt for not helping in the first place. I just doubt she'd be that harsh, even though she's mad at him.
jfg207 chapter 4 . 8/4/2009
Great story, a little sad though. Can you come up with a happy ending for them? I hope you do! And your other stories, please?

Come back to the fold, please?
shywr1ter chapter 3 . 7/15/2009
So sorry to be not only late but REALLY late in reviewing your very intriguing character study! You've taken some of the ideas others might have toyed with - Max with another guy and Logan stewing - but really have arranged events here to slap Logan in the face with reality, which I love - and when Bling confronts Logan about fighting for Max, he finally sees the light: "I need to be whole first, and for the first time in a long time I’m beginning to realize that has nothing to do with walking.”

Wow. Quite a turn around - Logan on his feet and (as MAx notes) essentially back to being the guy on whom she dropped in that first night - and what does Max do but go out with another guy in a wheelchair. But lo and behold, he's a *guy*. Just a guy! One who's fun and charming and carefree and pretty well the opposite of Logan Cale in demeanor - the sort who probably doesn't know too many 'downtrodden!' Very interesting development...

Your stories are always so rich and thoughtful. This is really a clever and unusual look at Logan, and I'm looking forward to see what happens with him. thanks!
Maria chapter 4 . 6/29/2009
I love your fanfic .Somehow is painful to read it but at the same time I completely love it .Keep the good work.
Paillette chapter 4 . 6/12/2009
Excellent, fabulous, awesome, amazing! I have no constructive criticism, I'm sorry- only raving praise :) I can't say enough how freakishly good you are at character. You have this show nailed down, but you obviously have an eye for desirable improvements. Great job!
Ptolemais chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
So close, is there more. They need to be together. Please.
Ptolemais chapter 3 . 6/11/2009
So Good. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
Ptolemais chapter 2 . 6/11/2009
Awesome story. I'm new to Dark Angel FF, but your writing is just as good if not better than the writers on the show. Thanks for all your hard work. You really captured all the characters.
Rast chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
This is really, really good. I don't know if it's the fact that your characterization is so dead-on or that you've woven such a captivating alternate look at what could have been. Very nice. I love everything about this. Please update as soon as you can.
Niner Deamon chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
I just got into Dark Angel fanfiction and was rather disappointed in the overabundance of MA fics to ML. Then I found your fics, it was a godsend. These are amazingly written, getting deep into the characters and expanding on situations that, I agree, the show bungled badly. I mean let's face it Season 2 and that virus was just painful to watch.

You've managed to keep that wonderful dynamic and tension between Max and Logan without resorting to over the top plot devices. The only problem I see with any of your stories is that there isn't more of them! Keep writting, you have a gift.
Mari83 chapter 4 . 6/8/2009
The length of this alone is impressive, covering a good deal of satisfying progress in their relationship. (And sorry for cutting out all the great quotes, was afraid to hit the 10.0 word limit)

Kurt is a great original character, the nice, easy-going guy fitting much more into Crash and to Max’s friends than to the person she finds herself to be. It seems as if he is just easing in and out of her life, fitting for that period while she tries calming her insecurities with trying to be a normal, average, partying girl, losing his appeal after her realization that she needs something different – and that this in a lot of ways means Logan.

I really like that their relationship is ending on peaceful terms, with understanding, despite the potential for conflict both realizing that they aren’t what the other wants.

“We’re not gambling,” Sketchy countered, “We participating in a business opportunity.”

That’s so S1.

Another great thing is the thoroughness with which Logan is trying to change and make amends, facing his team colleagues, willing to let Max go, the foundation, which seems like a truly Logan-ish idea, pursued with his usual idealism.

“Let’s just say after the trick with Jace and the rat, I wasn’t about to let her pump you full of drugs unless I knew what they were.”

Just fun to see how it all plays together, Vertes’s cure and Logan’s foundation, Max first wary and then satisfied with having a more active role again and the moment of almost dissolved UST.

"Logan, the guy who not only seemed to respect her decision to watch the world from a distance, but to also to share a similar desire for solitude and space, had tilted her world on edge."

I really like the way Max’s thought meander at the market, watching the couples and relating them to her own situation, how her need of freedom keeps her from having any relationship more demanding than friendship and then leading to Logan as the only exception, someone with similar needs.

Or the guy with the hair plugs asking out the woman with the pink scrunchie over by meat stand. Did bad hair accessories mutually attract?

:-)

“Not exactly, I find their political stance a bit… repressive,” Logan intoned, taking the opportunity to raise his eye brow and look at her directly as he said it. Old habits were hard to shake, and figuring out this woman’s political leanings was like second nature to him.

Great detail in itself but even better together with the Steckler-conversation, Max’s and Logan’s interest and knowledge, the other two’s disinterest. (And so cool for showing the changes in Max, before Logan her reaction probably would have been much like Kurt’s)

There’s something very thorough about this story, first taking apart their relationship, forcing them to consider its foundation and now slowly starting to build it together again, Logan’s willingness to change, the kiss, Max’s physical attraction mixed with her hurt, their awkward dinner…

"Seeing her wry expression, Logan attempted to answer. “I guess I felt guilty even then that I might be able to walk while thousands of others couldn’t. I felt like it should cost me something precious.”

Perfect explanation for one of the shows illogical moments… and I like how you enhance it by adding extra emotional value.

Thanks for the long Pulse Day chapter.
brina2468 chapter 4 . 6/8/2009
SNAP! I just reread this again and WOW! I have visited this story a couple of times, and everytime, my reations are a diffrent. The first time I read this (up until the current)I was honestly surprised because the text implyed that Max was gonna let go of her angre and just adapt to Logan and his legs.

“Girlfriend would be a bit strong. We’re not exactly like that.”

Oh.

“But she is my intended victim.”

Damn straight. Unless, this Caroline chickie kept trying to get between her and Logan’s cooking… then she’d be Max’s victim."

I was wrong. I didn't see her saying "no" to him. It broke my heart.

Second came sadness, because..well...I WANTED THEM TOGETHER! (pout)

Third, understanding and excitement combined. What a rush! Ha! As I reread Max's turmoil about this situation, I reluctantly decided that she was probably right to not rush into relationship with Logan, considering:

"I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I mean every time I get into a relationship I get this overwhelming sensation of being caged. Maybe it’s my feline DNA, but this girl definitely likes her independence."

I can understand why you made it so that Max would break my sweet, sexy, fine species of a man, named Logan's, heart. But hey, no hard feelings. Max's hurt was probably more substantial. Ha!

This is a great story! Please continue this. I'm sure no one would oppose to the idea.

Thanks for sharing!
Princess456 chapter 4 . 6/7/2009
i hope they'll make up soon :)