Reviews for Like and Hate
Kesa Ange chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
Wow, loved this! Thought I'd take a look at some of your other work after 'The Fall', the first chapter of which I loved, and I'm glad I did. This seems to perfectly capture the Kurogane's feelings, and I absolutely loved loved loved the stuff about Fai and his depressing, emotional tangents. So true, and so right! This is one of the best views of this relationship I've ever seen.
Mashiara91 chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
because you insist, here's a review:

Very in Character! and Very good! i liked the way it flowed together and just how you expressed certain things. and the whole bit about the nicknames was priceless! but mostly, i loved how this really really sounded like Kurogane. good job and good luck!

:D
MadHouseEscapy-Sky chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
This whole thing made me want to read this comic i once read where, because Fai was calling him Kurogane, Kurokuro started goving Fai nicknames so he would stop. It made me not so emo.

I 3 this, it's cute _

(Yay I reviewed!)
Idiotichobo chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Beautifully done, though for future reference, I'm stalking your penname. So if I don't review something, it's not because I didn't read it, it's just I'm too busy fawning over it and simply too impatient to wait another second to read another.
knight in shining armour chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
kuro is in denial he loves the nick names really!
Struggling Bee chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
xD xD

I love how Kurogane kept insisting that he hated the nicknames, even while saying that he hated it when they weren't there.

I think I saw a couple sentence fragments, but there weren't any other mistakes I noticed, and I tend to be a bit of a grammar freak. ]
WandaDido chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Short but nice :)
LoneBoy7 chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
100% true...Very good job in getting inside of Kuro-pon's head. .
Viilarus chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
I guess I'm the lucky 13th reviewer! :) Also, don't mind me, I think/know I'm reading your fanfics out of order.

This is a nice oneshot. I think it's sweet that Kurogane hates/is in denial about the nicknames -laughs-. I know Fay's a complicated character like that, and Kurogane knows that too.

Other than that, I will always follow the golden rule! -cheers-
Integration chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Wow **is speechless**

The idea starts off really rather simply but you complicate it to the point where it feels as though the complication is justified. It has the quality I look for in fics, that it leaves a stupid grin on my face at the end of it.

I will need to get round to reading some of your other pieces of writing but this is wonderful.
Feeny chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Aww, this was a nice little ‘shot.

Korugane in denial about those nicknames was epic win.

Though out of all of this, my favourite part has to be; “He liked that in battle, Fai stood at his back as though both had been created to do just that,” It makes this fangirl VERY happy! Like squeeling typing in gibberish happy! Hee~!

And Korugane hating those “depressing emotional tangents” was epicly epic win. True too.

~Feeny
applepielover chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
What I really like about this is the contradiction of the traits that Kurogane likes and hates about Fai. Very creative and clever at the same time. Again, I really love the sentence structure. Good word choice and beautifully written.

One small correction: In the sentence: "...more alone then anyone who did not truly know the difference..." then should be than.
Phoenix To Flame chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
I liked the last bit about the nicknames. It's nice to find a KuroFai story without any kissing sometimes.
hadbeenworking chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
I really really really LIKE this fic! *cuddles fic and you!*

Oh, there were some lines in it that left me pretty speechless and kya-ing inside like a mad rabid fangirl, such as:

"each was a small but bright realization that yes, there was in fact joy in the world" - yup; that's pretty much it. that's it exactly. god *cries*

"He liked that Fai could inspire bravery and strength in those who could not see it in themselves, and he certainly liked that Fai was just as determined as he was to keep all that was precious to him safe, and to fight till the end for what he loved." - *cuddles this idea to bits* because yes, that's true, and why is it that most people don't seem to notice that about Fai most of the time?

"Kurogane both liked and hated Fai’s quick wit, humor, and astounding ability to fool anyone he wanted to." - yes

"imprisoned in a pit of dead sinners, more alone then anyone who did not truly know the difference was capable of understanding." - I'm... and... buh... that is /it/ exactly, and oh, how I like that Kurogane brings in all of their pasts into this, and the reason why he hates Fai's need never to be alone, because this works so very well with the feel and ideas expressed in the last few manga chapters

"He hated in an almost guilty way that Fai was not actually Fai’s name, and he hated that he couldn’t call Fai his real name, Yuui, because it would probably send him off on some depressing, emotional tangent." - I ADORE the feelings expressed in this one; you know, part of me wants to rebel against the idea that Kurogane would ever think/feel this way, mostly because he's never given any (outward? superficial?) indication that calling people by their name means something special to him (see Holic for comparison) and theoretically Fai is still Fai no matter what his actual name is. But on the other hand, Tomoyo is the only person whom he calls by name, and she is the only person to now his true name, and mad-shipper-fangirl-views-that-I-don't-agree-with-at-all aside there really is something special about their relationship, something he doesn't have with anyone else, something that's important to him, and isn't it interesting that she's the only person he calls by name, and who knows his name in return? And, oh dear, the fact that he would hate in a /guilty/ way the fact that Fai's name isn't really Fai and all the implications that brings make him so /human/ and /tangible/ to me, *sigh*, you have no idea how much love I have for that thought

And the last bits? The ones from "He did not, nor would he ever, secretly like those nick names."? There is no measure of my love for them"

Oh, um, if you also want a comment of the general beta-reading quality, there was a little typo here: "more alone then anyone" and that would wrap it up from what I've seen, cause the whole fic is simply precious!

And I'm shutting up now, cause I've clearly overstayed my welcome ;; *cuddles fic to bits again*, and am really looking forward for more of your writing
inafrozenworld chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
This is what I love about Kurogane and Fye - their weird, complex relationship with each other. I thought you expressed that really well ) The day Kurogane doesn't love to hate Fye's going to be very sad. Thanks for writing

E