Reviews for Requiem for the Ice
ElvenCompanion chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
God, I loved that. You have an amazing gift for imagery. I could feel her struggle, the pain of never fitting in again, of how life changes so much and we can never just turn back the clock and be there again. Powerful. It was hauntingly beautiful.
willam and jack and jake chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
nice
This is where my name would go chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
This was so sad and yet so cute! I really loved it, and think that you did a really great job writing it.
SarahSimon chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I seriously can't believe I haven't reviewed this before; it's one of my favorite oneshots. Like another reviewer said, I did appreciate that it wasn't necessarily shipping (one is free to interpret how they wish). The writing here is just beautiful, and the story really rings true with me. Thanks for the wonderful story!
dawnoftheceruleansky chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
wow i'm speachless. there is so much more to each of the characters that we don't see sometimes. i'm impressed. this sounds like somtething i'd write just not as good as this well done. i love deep one-shots like this one.
Girl-chama chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I think this is a really big part of what the cast went through that the writers had to ignore- culture shock and affiliation to new environments. It's a huge part of growing up, and I think your story does a really poignant job of addressing how painful it can be. Dialogue and characterization were spot on, too.
libowie chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
oh, sokka and katara. they're still my favorites, and i loved this like all your work, of course. :)
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Wow... Never thought about anything like this...but it makes so much sense! *U* Rock on! This was absolutely gorgeous! The rage, the sadness, everything was AMAZING! *U* Awesome work!
Taa chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
What a nice little picture of despair. :) Man, that last line gets me! It's great! C3 What an interesting, awesome theme. "It hurts to breathe." That's inspiring. Thanks for writing and sharing!
a thousand cranes chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Don't you think it'd be interesting if the all the Benders would slowly lose the power over their element. LIke with each generation the power diminished enough that they weren't benders of the full element, but just like branched out. Like in Naruto where the Byakugan became the Sharingan too?
HeyItsMJ chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Once you warm up you never freeze again, I guess.

Very interesting!
moonlitwater chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
beuatiful oneshot...sad though :(

(and its FREEZING where i am too, barely in the single digits!)
smos chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
I love the exchange! And you've kept them in character! So impressed!lol
Lucrezia6565 chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Quite insightful.

I’ve been wondering myself if Katara and Sokka would have been willing to go back to live in their icy land permanently after discovering the wonders of green and of warm weather.

I was also impressed by the total absence of controversial shipping…It seems like you purposely focused solely on Katara’s feelings towards herself and her homeland because that's the only story you wanted to tell; even though you mentioned both Zuko and Aang there as her caring companions, and that Katara has been living elsewhere and traveling and has worn clothes of all colors, you left that option open to be interpreted as your reader desires...

...Or not; sometimes it’s refreshing to read a well written oneshot with no romantic undertones, just for the sake of a good read.

Good job :)