Reviews for Heavy Lies the Crown
So long ago chapter 25 . 7/12
Great story.
You might want to have someone check the french phrases, some of them don’t mean what you aimed for.
enajaimmalfoy chapter 36 . 7/11
I really loved this story, you are such a great writer. I could barely put it down, staying up until 1am most nights to just finish one more chapter. It hasn't been fun the next morning with a 2 year old waking me at 6.30 haha. You painted the world so vividly and I loved the various layers of mystery. The one and only thing I didn't like was the ending. It didn't really give any closure. I really would have loved an epilogue :(
tbh. there's a lot of things that i didn't like but I kept on reading the story because I liked the mystery aspect in it and the romance. I've read up to where they made up about charlie & carrie. Things happened, I just wanted to finish and I read the last chapter & cassie. I don't think it's fair to judge when I didn't read it all, but I really hate it. Assuming you need to have 100 000 galleons on bodyguards, caretakers & living expenses is too much. Narcissa noticing draco's workaholic behavior & not immediately connecting it to money & cassie makes nacissa either a bad mother or stupid. Also I think it's one of her duties to be in galas & donate money. Also, I assume that weasley sr., knows & it's stupid that he knows (i'm sorry I find him vulnerable, like every weasleyweasley sr.) and not let draco know. like wtf. the story is so unsatisfying.

I kind of feel really bad for draco. there was no need for the secrecy, he was an adult omg. i feel so bitter for him. he doesn't even have to see her or learn where she is, he just have to know that it's all for her sake and that she exists.

i'm sorry for this rant. I know this story was years ago but I just need to get it out.
Butterflygrin chapter 28 . 6/4
This story is kind of irrational. why would a death eater meeting isn't reported to auror or the order. It's like there are only two character here. malfoy and Hermione. what a stupid decision on their behalf
Muted Rainbow chapter 36 . 5/21
Such a fantastic story! I fell in love with the way you portrayed the characters. There were definitely some twists that took me by surprise. Simply wonderful!
Muted Rainbow chapter 18 . 5/20
I'm at the point of the story where I curse at the end of each chapter because they're so oblivious to how the other feels. Its killing me! JUST LOVE EACH OTHER ALREADY!
Catulla chapter 36 . 5/13
I’ve just reread this story and it was just as wonderful the second time around!
pixelbun1 chapter 36 . 5/12
beautifully written. I just wish there was just a bit more HEA action.
So many things I liked abort this story.
Here are a few:
1) i liked that there were layers of mysteries to he uncovered
2) I liked how the characters evolved
3) I liked how misunderstandings that could have turned into super-drama just... didn't (like that thing about fleur's friend at dinner)
4) I liked the ending
5) I liked that you included so many of the characters in addition to making your own (Like Luna)
6) I liked the writing style

The one thing I didn't like: Narcissas/Lucious reasons to keep Draco out of the loop after Voldemort fell were ... not satisfactory... to put it mildly... and how he forgave that was also curious... I know you need this to happen for the whole story to make sense, but it just doesn't ring true. But whatever... it's a story and as such the author can choose to do whatever she wants to :-)

Oh and one minor thing: at some point you said 1997 when you must have meant 1998 (since the battle of Hogwarts was in May 1998 and whatever you were talking about happened after that)
happiness8000 chapter 36 . 3/27
Wow an epic tale, I enjoyed all the twists in the tale. Although at the end I don't think Lucius really understood what Draco had been through during the seven years he was incarcerated.
For Fawkes' Sake chapter 36 . 3/21
This was a very good story, and very interesting take on the relationships involved. The author conveys the story well, and I look forward to reading more by her. Two things I feel would have improved the story: 1) Draco being an alcoholic added nothing to the story and in fact detracted from it... That part should have been removed completely; 2) this story would have benefited greatly from an epilogue... Leaving the completion of the story up to the reader's imagination is just lazy storytelling. All in all, though, an enjoyable read.
Michelle chapter 36 . 3/21
Wonderful!
Wooo! Loved the finish- really enjoyed reading this story. Congrats on finishing (and for your little one!)
Osumare chapter 36 . 3/15
I like the image of Pureblood society you've painted here. The mystery kept me entertained, although I find the answer rather safe and disappointing. I loved Hermione/Charlie subplot. There's very little of canon Draco in your Draco, if anything at all, but since I accompanied this story to the very end, you can deduce I didn't mind that much. And since I usually do mind, well, yes, you did a splendid job here with everything else :)
I’ve read all of your stories that you’ve published (excluding the latest two; I will soon get on to them!) and this is a review for *all* of them, or rather, you as an author.

SPOILER ALERT!

Firstly, WOW! You are the best fan fiction author I’ve ever read! I don’t give praise lightly and I mean it when I say things.
Out of all of your stories, ‘Gravity’ is my favourite. I’ve read it so many times and I never tire. It is absolutely beautiful.
The way you add in small details enhances the story so wonderfully, it really brings the characters to life. For example, in the first story you published, Draco and Hermione had a game where they’d watch people and make up stories about their lives, or, in Gravity, Draco challenges himself to jump off the cliff. I think the characters you are working with rally lend themselves to this because Draco is ‘hopelessly flawed’, as you put it (though you had him say it himself) and Hermione strikes me as the sort of person who would have many quirks to her character, and never cease to be interesting.
Speaking of the characters, Hermione and Draco are a brilliant ship. I like the way you provide situations akin to alibis as to why Draco isn’t with Pansy, Daphne, etc. Before coming across your stories, I had never thought about Harry and Pansy or Ron and Pansy being good together, but they truly are! I would like to see Astoria featuring in more of these ships as she is the one Draco eventually marries and has a child with; however, I suppose The Cursed Child wasn’t out at the time you wrote the majority of these stories.
Just as a side note, I think The Cursed Child is terrible. I’m sorry, I just try to impress this matter on nearly everyone - it’s a pet hate of mine.
I’ve noticed that the most common grammatical error that occurs is the use of the apostrophe for a plural: when a word begins with ‘s’ (James is one you frequently used in this story) but it’s singular and you’re using an apostrophe for possession, you DO add an ‘s’ after it (James’s). On the other hand, if it’s plural (parents) and you’re using an apostrophe for possession, you DO NOT add an ‘s’ after (parents’).
Another thing is that you need to come up with better titles. They’re often a little cringey. Sorry.
On a lighter note, I am hoping to become an author and I aspire to you! Every time I write, I think of good stories I’ve read (I’m not a novelist, I don’t publish for money) and your’s always pop into my head! Congratulations on improving so much (I can see it in your work, though it was amazing from the start)
3,092 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »