Reviews for Heavy Lies the Crown
For Fawkes' Sake chapter 36 . 3/21
This was a very good story, and very interesting take on the relationships involved. The author conveys the story well, and I look forward to reading more by her. Two things I feel would have improved the story: 1) Draco being an alcoholic added nothing to the story and in fact detracted from it... That part should have been removed completely; 2) this story would have benefited greatly from an epilogue... Leaving the completion of the story up to the reader's imagination is just lazy storytelling. All in all, though, an enjoyable read.
Michelle chapter 36 . 3/21
Wooo! Loved the finish- really enjoyed reading this story. Congrats on finishing (and for your little one!)
Osumare chapter 36 . 3/15
I like the image of Pureblood society you've painted here. The mystery kept me entertained, although I find the answer rather safe and disappointing. I loved Hermione/Charlie subplot. There's very little of canon Draco in your Draco, if anything at all, but since I accompanied this story to the very end, you can deduce I didn't mind that much. And since I usually do mind, well, yes, you did a splendid job here with everything else :)
I’ve read all of your stories that you’ve published (excluding the latest two; I will soon get on to them!) and this is a review for *all* of them, or rather, you as an author.

Firstly, WOW! You are the best fan fiction author I’ve ever read! I don’t give praise lightly and I mean it when I say things.
Out of all of your stories, ‘Gravity’ is my favourite. I’ve read it so many times and I never tire. It is absolutely beautiful.
The way you add in small details enhances the story so wonderfully, it really brings the characters to life. For example, in the first story you published, Draco and Hermione had a game where they’d watch people and make up stories about their lives, or, in Gravity, Draco challenges himself to jump off the cliff. I think the characters you are working with rally lend themselves to this because Draco is ‘hopelessly flawed’, as you put it (though you had him say it himself) and Hermione strikes me as the sort of person who would have many quirks to her character, and never cease to be interesting.
Speaking of the characters, Hermione and Draco are a brilliant ship. I like the way you provide situations akin to alibis as to why Draco isn’t with Pansy, Daphne, etc. Before coming across your stories, I had never thought about Harry and Pansy or Ron and Pansy being good together, but they truly are! I would like to see Astoria featuring in more of these ships as she is the one Draco eventually marries and has a child with; however, I suppose The Cursed Child wasn’t out at the time you wrote the majority of these stories.
Just as a side note, I think The Cursed Child is terrible. I’m sorry, I just try to impress this matter on nearly everyone - it’s a pet hate of mine.
I’ve noticed that the most common grammatical error that occurs is the use of the apostrophe for a plural: when a word begins with ‘s’ (James is one you frequently used in this story) but it’s singular and you’re using an apostrophe for possession, you DO add an ‘s’ after it (James’s). On the other hand, if it’s plural (parents) and you’re using an apostrophe for possession, you DO NOT add an ‘s’ after (parents’).
Another thing is that you need to come up with better titles. They’re often a little cringey. Sorry.
On a lighter note, I am hoping to become an author and I aspire to you! Every time I write, I think of good stories I’ve read (I’m not a novelist, I don’t publish for money) and your’s always pop into my head! Congratulations on improving so much (I can see it in your work, though it was amazing from the start)
Interesting if not abrupt end.
The running theme of "boys will be boys" propaganda that you used to justify Draco's callgirls didn't overshadow dramione thankfully.
That said, men aren't the only ones that get horny, and excusing manwhore behaviour with "I have needs" is sad and wrong. Women think of sex a lot too, but somehow the heroine in stories is always supposed to pretend otherwise.
What's worse is that your Hermione even made excuses for it - even if she didn't approve.
Sadly, this is a bad habit in fandom that has been rampant from the beginning and doesn't look like it'll change any time soon.

Of course, this story was hardly the worst offender out there and the fact that you didn't go overboard with it - and did eventually stop it - is why I managed to finish reading.
Despite my numerous complaints, don't think I'm not grateful. I'll probably never read this again but I'm glad I did read it at least once.

Good bye.
Isabella, and every other girl you're throwing at Draco, makes me sick.
Ugh. Cassiopeia White better be Rodulphus's long lost daughter and not Draco's (the timing and her age would be wrong, anyway).
Ugh and that French chick? I'm glad Draco walked away from her but did you have to make it that - even for an instant - that he was tempted? Gross.
And I hope Hermione finds out what Charlie tried to do.
FINALLY they shag. Things are getting good
No surprise it was Rudolphus.
Still no shagging
Hm. Even when they admit their feelings they don't get very far.
Why does Draco random shagging with someone else always happen faster than any shagging Hermione because of romantic feelings? Seems unbalanced.
I'm torn between being grateful that Hermione has scruples and didn't sleep with Charlie, and annoyed that you couldn't have written Draco with the same common sense and decency.
Draco's conversation with Pansy indicates he knows he's into Hermione - which means no excuse to sleep around.
Ugh chapter 10 . 2/3
Ugh. You authors and your "Draco has a fuck buddy on the side even though he is actually attracted to Hermione" and "Draco's a man with needs while Hermione will sit on the sidelines and play her 'part" crap.
Don't you ever get sick of the cliche, "boys will be boys" BS?
3,082 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »