Reviews for Blindsided
Linewalker chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
Fantastically well-written, sir or madam. You started strong and have improved steadily. Sympathetic characters with layered pasts and real human emotions, not to mention a thoughtful and multi-faceted world view. Good balance of technological terms sprinkled in amongst reasonably accurate military jargon and an above-average understanding of geography really helps bring this world to life. I look forward to future installments, which is saying quite a lot considering that I haven't been on this site in over four years.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 10 . 10/16/2012
Love this!
P chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
I've re-read this twice now, over one year... I was real glad when I found an old favourited link and realized you had written more chapters, so I had to reread it all again. I guess I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy this, and when I get rich I will produce an animated tv-show out of this. It fits that medium so well.
Also, kudos on a great job giving depth to the game, and taking the odd design choices and making them feel logical. Please please keep updating! /P
Peter chapter 9 . 9/17/2012
Is Waldrop really counting implants from Deus Ex (1) or is it just me thinking those are?

Can't wait to see how this continues...
Peter chapter 8 . 9/17/2012
Oh how I understand that moment. The first attack ufos shot down almost two thirds of my craft.
Later I just went to watch where they dropped their troops and clean up there, all the while hoping for a lucky hit&run.
Still: this is a great read, you're doing very well in expanding the game into an interesting story!
Peter chapter 7 . 9/14/2012
Oh, I definitely enjoyed that made-up part at the end.
Adds a whole new level to the background story!
Peter chapter 4 . 9/13/2012
Reading this chapter I'm suddenly happy that never ever dared the Cult attack my personnel.
Although that might have to do with a serious lack of active employees on their side after my third visit to a temple...
That were some damn hefty fines the Senate gave me for damaging the cities facade :)
Anyway, I'm very happy that you're writing this. Great read so far!
Peter chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Oh wow.
Never thought someone would start writing a story about X-Com Apocalypse. And as far as it seems it's a pretty good one. I like the way you started it and the connections to extrasolar colonies.
DirtNap chapter 10 . 8/29/2012
Good reading man. It's been a while. Hope life eases up a bit on ya, and I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to X-COM for the console.
DirtNap chapter 9 . 7/1/2012
Looks great so far. Never got around to playing Apocalypse, I bought it a while back but can't find it now. Oh well, looks like GOG will get more of my money lol.
As for all the fluff that you insert, its awesome man. It adds atmosphere which was sorely lacking in the first 2 games. I like the characters you have too, although my Gaston rarely lived past the first terror mission in XCOM. Keep up the good work, I look forward to possibly seeing more.
Tsunamiatunzen1 chapter 8 . 10/16/2011
I read through all of your chapters before I commented. I just want to say that this has been great so far. I've played X-COM for what seems like my entire life and I admittadly didn't know that Apocalypse was made from TFTD's blowing T'leth up so I can see that you've been doing your research and that it makes the story a lot better. I would also like to applaud your imagination to explain alien attacks when they are disarmed and how they sound. Although to give a well-rounded review for you, I have noticed that some of the profanities in it are a little distracting to the story. Plus, I don't know when and if you should add the fact that some Jameson-class colony ships (Self-sufficient bases in essence) were built. Oh and I just found this out and it's kind of a spoiler about the beginnings of the poor deceased X-COM: Genesis so I'll add it below. If you don't heed this warning I won't say I told you so.

!SPOILER ALERT!

Don't read unless you want a spoiler for the begginings of the game X-COM: Genesis.

You've been warned.

After the events of X-COM: Apocalypse, Mega-Primus is attacked by the REAL alien force, which comprises the aliens from the First Alien War and they introduce quite a few more aliens to overrun an exhausted Mega-Primus a mere 8 days after the dimesion gates are closed. If you want a more detailed version of X-COM: Genesis's background and images from it, use this link:

. /games/dave-ellis-genesis
South Africa blows chapter 8 . 10/12/2011
South Africa couldn't fight off an army of mall cops. Pfft.
FloridaMagpie chapter 2 . 8/27/2011
Great work so far, you've gone a huge way towards bringing the city of Mega Primus to life and justifying some of the weirder design decisions that always bothered me about the game (those hovercars, seriously, what the hell). It's amazing how much of a difference a little backstory makes to the immersion of a world like that. I always felt there was a great story to be told there what with all the detail in the game, but the short descriptions of the factions and equipment were never really adequate to communicate it.

On the writing front, your dialog is quite strong, again with the occasional grammatical oddity or awkward construction, but that was pretty rare (I think I only noticed two or three in the whole chapter). It's easy to miss that sort of thing when you're writing because you know what you mean to say. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Wing Omega chapter 7 . 8/26/2011
Kind oof curious, and I know the question is out of left field. Do the Independence movemennts have fleets of their own, just small craft, or is the X-Com navy just used for transporting troops around when fighting them
Zedereka chapter 7 . 7/7/2011
You live! And are still making a very nice story with the lore and limited storyline the game gave you. Yaaa!