Reviews for Megaman ZX: Return to Zero
NeoNazo356 chapter 34 . 1/30
FINALLY got around to reading chapters 30 and 31. Aile's fight with Aeolus was incredibly well-written, I could practically SEE it in illustrated form; it would be ESPECIALLY epic if it were made into an anime. Aile dropping the temperature so low that all of Aeolus' equipment crapped out was especially-stunning to read, and not something many would've thought of. That Aeolus was willing to blow up the engine along with himself and Aile shows how far he's gone off the deep end; and I'm not sure if he even became a Maverick yet. Given how much machinery Machine Bodies of Humanoids have, there's barely any distinction between Human and Reploid now.
As for Thetis, I was surprised to hear from him again after his Biometal got filched. That he became so bat-shit-crazy he stole people's faces, like in the movie Face-Off (I think) was also incredibly well-written, and showed just how terrifying the Maverick Virus can be in this iteration. The choreography of the fight was done really well, especially because A-Trans adds a new "dimension" to it. At the end, where she used Shadow Dash, and then Chronoforce's tackle to impale him on the spikes was AWESOME; you just can't get that kind of carnage in 2D games. As for Ashe using Giga Crush on that "DarkMetal", that was totally epic, I could practically SEE the muzzle flashes going off and completely vaporizing that evil paperweight.
I'm wondering what'll happen next, and I'm very much looking forward to more in the future.
Flamy II chapter 34 . 1/30
Wow O.O this is the best Rockman fanfic I've ever read so far You've really got me hooked! Hope to see the rest of it come out soon I've gone through this whole thing 3 times now Keep it up :3
Anonymous chapter 34 . 1/9
It's official, this FanFic is dead. It's been 3 months since the
last update.
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 29 . 11/9/2015
Levi! XD
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 23 . 11/8/2015
HAHAH! I DID NOT see that one coming at all!
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 34 . 10/21/2015
Quick, check to see if the author has been infected by the Maverick Virus, hurry!

I have to admit that chapter and fight was very well done. Great job *nods*
ThEBiGAlE chapter 34 . 10/16/2015
Oh my GOD! An update! Apparently we all thought you were either dead because you got infected with the maverick virus or that you overate spaghetti. Good grief you're ok. The chapter was good.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 34 . 10/16/2015
I think the song was from Zero 3. It sounds like a reference to Volteel Biblio's stage, which is oddly accurate given the nature of the battle here.

The Maverick Virus makes people crazy. It makes crazy people uber-crazy.

At least Ashe cooked Thetis' face before stealing it. Raw faces are just gross.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 33 . 10/16/2015
Aile's getting creative! Or most of it was probably Leviathan, but there's no denying the awesomeness of being able to shoot ice pillars out of any surface. If Aeolus couldn't crush them, she could have boxed him in. No big deal, though; he knew what he was getting into, jumping into a trap like that.

Still, reactor explosions tend to derail many plans. As the Metroid series is fond of telling us, EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY! From the minor spoiler in the closing A/N's, I guess they both survived, so no tragedy yet. Good!
mysteriousguy898 chapter 32 . 10/16/2015
Rospark the...Somethingroid, token offensive stereotype who I'd like to forget, was the boss of the Tower of Verdure in ZXA.

It's a trap. Again. There's no way Thomas would leave the cornerstone of his ability to control the Virus completely unguarded, behind security with known flaws. Still, the story has enough tragedy already, so hopefully at least the one sane member of the Sage Trinity can survive.
Hellfire44 chapter 29 . 10/15/2015
Jormungandr? I know Norse mythology, but is that by any chance a reference to the Boktai Series what the Battle Network series crosses over with?
Hellfire44 chapter 34 . 10/15/2015
Thought you were dead.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 31 . 10/15/2015
Leviathan is canonically able to affect enough water to alter ocean currents. If she were able to go Maverick, she could probably turn the whole planet into a lifeless husk simply by altering the weather that way. More targeted versions of that ability are likely to be really flashy.

Am I the only one who though Starforce 3 when Aile's dragon pulled out of the ground?

Sure, Vent's the best. Boyfriend. Ever, but Ashe is the ideal girlfriend to have in situations like this.

I think explosions are pretty! Ice statues are nice, too, but explosions are more ephemeral, which I think lends some nice symbolism to the Mavericks being blown up.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 29 . 10/15/2015
An OFFSCREEN curb-stomp Pseudoroid kaiju battle!

Well, it's a good thing you didn't kill off Aile and replace her with Leviathan, or I'd have to cease reading this story to protect myself from the heartbreak you inflict on the new generation.

Okay, I thought for a moment there that Jormungandr was the name of some mech I couldn't quite remember from the games, but I am familiar with the Norse myth. Qui-Gon put it very well: "There's always a bigger fish." And General Leviathan of the Meikai Army is the master of casting Summon Bigger Fish.

You're actually late on the bandwagon for Zero/Levi Rule 34. Honestly, Capcom should have expected it when making a female robot, and from their concept notes that Leviathan was supposed to be "more feminine," they outright encourage shipping her with people. Of course, she has a smaller chest than Harpuia, so I have to wonder what Capcom thinks "sexy" is.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 28 . 10/15/2015
Pseudoroid kaiju battle! Only one of them is dumb as toast and electric element, while the other has actual tactics and is ice element, so curb-stomping is inevitable. No matter how tough Mr. Blitz's armor is, Bifrost's jaws will crush him.

Neat trick to get over that Crushpactor! Not many people can say they literally kicked their own rear to get out of danger. I love all the crazy things you do with A-Trans!

Aile and Model L need to work out ground rules, like, yesterday. If they don't, we'll get arguments like "It was my turn to use the body an hour ago!" "It's MY body!" And et cetera, etc.

Danger danger, Zero didn't delete Omega as thoroughly as he thought he did. And the Virus is still messing with his head. He tracked Black Widow by "feeling" the Virus, as he said in X5, right?

I just realized that Zero can kill Cyber Elves in such a way that they can't make it to Eden/Cyberspace, meaning he can kill ghosts. If he put his mind to it, he could probably even kill himself, but that would be a level of tragedy that this fic no longer needs. Still not forgiving you over Prairie.