Reviews for Megaman ZX: Return to Zero
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 29 . 11/9
Levi! XD
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 23 . 11/8
HAHAH! I DID NOT see that one coming at all!
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 34 . 10/21
Quick, check to see if the author has been infected by the Maverick Virus, hurry!

I have to admit that chapter and fight was very well done. Great job *nods*
ThEBiGAlE chapter 34 . 10/16
Oh my GOD! An update! Apparently we all thought you were either dead because you got infected with the maverick virus or that you overate spaghetti. Good grief you're ok. The chapter was good.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 34 . 10/16
I think the song was from Zero 3. It sounds like a reference to Volteel Biblio's stage, which is oddly accurate given the nature of the battle here.

The Maverick Virus makes people crazy. It makes crazy people uber-crazy.

At least Ashe cooked Thetis' face before stealing it. Raw faces are just gross.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 33 . 10/16
Aile's getting creative! Or most of it was probably Leviathan, but there's no denying the awesomeness of being able to shoot ice pillars out of any surface. If Aeolus couldn't crush them, she could have boxed him in. No big deal, though; he knew what he was getting into, jumping into a trap like that.

Still, reactor explosions tend to derail many plans. As the Metroid series is fond of telling us, EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY! From the minor spoiler in the closing A/N's, I guess they both survived, so no tragedy yet. Good!
mysteriousguy898 chapter 32 . 10/16
Rospark the...Somethingroid, token offensive stereotype who I'd like to forget, was the boss of the Tower of Verdure in ZXA.

It's a trap. Again. There's no way Thomas would leave the cornerstone of his ability to control the Virus completely unguarded, behind security with known flaws. Still, the story has enough tragedy already, so hopefully at least the one sane member of the Sage Trinity can survive.
Hellfire44 chapter 29 . 10/15
Jormungandr? I know Norse mythology, but is that by any chance a reference to the Boktai Series what the Battle Network series crosses over with?
Hellfire44 chapter 34 . 10/15
Thought you were dead.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 31 . 10/15
Leviathan is canonically able to affect enough water to alter ocean currents. If she were able to go Maverick, she could probably turn the whole planet into a lifeless husk simply by altering the weather that way. More targeted versions of that ability are likely to be really flashy.

Am I the only one who though Starforce 3 when Aile's dragon pulled out of the ground?

Sure, Vent's the best. Boyfriend. Ever, but Ashe is the ideal girlfriend to have in situations like this.

I think explosions are pretty! Ice statues are nice, too, but explosions are more ephemeral, which I think lends some nice symbolism to the Mavericks being blown up.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 29 . 10/15
An OFFSCREEN curb-stomp Pseudoroid kaiju battle!

Well, it's a good thing you didn't kill off Aile and replace her with Leviathan, or I'd have to cease reading this story to protect myself from the heartbreak you inflict on the new generation.

Okay, I thought for a moment there that Jormungandr was the name of some mech I couldn't quite remember from the games, but I am familiar with the Norse myth. Qui-Gon put it very well: "There's always a bigger fish." And General Leviathan of the Meikai Army is the master of casting Summon Bigger Fish.

You're actually late on the bandwagon for Zero/Levi Rule 34. Honestly, Capcom should have expected it when making a female robot, and from their concept notes that Leviathan was supposed to be "more feminine," they outright encourage shipping her with people. Of course, she has a smaller chest than Harpuia, so I have to wonder what Capcom thinks "sexy" is.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 28 . 10/15
Pseudoroid kaiju battle! Only one of them is dumb as toast and electric element, while the other has actual tactics and is ice element, so curb-stomping is inevitable. No matter how tough Mr. Blitz's armor is, Bifrost's jaws will crush him.

Neat trick to get over that Crushpactor! Not many people can say they literally kicked their own rear to get out of danger. I love all the crazy things you do with A-Trans!

Aile and Model L need to work out ground rules, like, yesterday. If they don't, we'll get arguments like "It was my turn to use the body an hour ago!" "It's MY body!" And et cetera, etc.

Danger danger, Zero didn't delete Omega as thoroughly as he thought he did. And the Virus is still messing with his head. He tracked Black Widow by "feeling" the Virus, as he said in X5, right?

I just realized that Zero can kill Cyber Elves in such a way that they can't make it to Eden/Cyberspace, meaning he can kill ghosts. If he put his mind to it, he could probably even kill himself, but that would be a level of tragedy that this fic no longer needs. Still not forgiving you over Prairie.
mysteriousguy898 chapter 27 . 10/15
Of all Zero's crazy attack names, I think Shipuuga was the funniest. It's the dash attack from X4. Of course, Kuuenbu/Kuuenzan was a close second, along with the boss you get this double-jump and rolling slash attack from, Split Mushroom. The only reason it's not the top of the heap of stupid names is because Duff McWhalen is a thing.

That said, there's no denying the amazing coolness of Rakuhouha. Which is what I think he used in his dramatic entrance from the missile (Model L so called it!), only amplified by falling at terminal velocity before punching the ground. Am I close?

Come to think of it, why NOT combine all those "Rod" weapons? It would have been more universally useful than the Z-Knuckle. Though I have to admit it was fun to rip arms off bad guys and beat other bad guys with them, including the daggers Weil throws at you in phase 1.
Mugen Kagemaru chapter 34 . 10/14
Where the FUCK have you been?
mysteriousguy898 chapter 24 . 10/14
X has been competing with Zero's record for most times dying then inexplicably coming back to life. Too bad Zero had a three-point head start.

Well, it's about time we got to the "shut up and kiss me" scene. I admit to being totally hoodwinked by Ashe pretending to be Prairie, though it did seem odd that she would "Megamerge with Zero" inside the base, whether other Guardians were present or not. There are cameras.

I think I ran out of tears in Part 20. It was pretty obvious that something was not right with Siarnaq. HIS DISCOURSE FOLLOWS THIS APPROXIMATE PATTERN. PROBABILITY OF MEGA MAN MODEL P PERFORMING HEEL-FACE TURN TROPE: ZERO PERCENT. I sort of figured he deleted his own personality matrix (to avoid ever feeling betrayed again), but him actually being dead after that betrayal makes just as much sense, given Capcom's transient view of death. Physical death doesn't mean character death. Character death apparently doesn't exist. The series as a whole, however, is very dead. Unless they sell to Nintendo, who would at least revive the old cute Mega Man.

Ashe's reaction seems downright insensitive, but then she did meet Prairie less than a week beforehand. Less time to get heavy emotional attachment to her, less time to have it sink in that she'd been around for a century and a half beforehand, and would have never died naturally, and less time to come to terms with the situation. So she defaults to devil-may-care.

At least she finally kissed the dunce.