Reviews for Out the Front Gates
Hummingbird2 chapter 9 . 12/25/2011
Superb writing, thank you!
Susan M. M chapter 7 . 12/20/2010
"I should sedate him for a week and send him back to the States. Leavenworth can't be as bad as this place."
Susan M. M chapter 3 . 12/20/2010
"Schultz, the Allies could be showing up here any moment with Sherman tanks, and you want me to be concerned with a poker game?" Nice line. ** Very realistic, the way the other guards were reacting, and in character for Hogan to promise to do what he could to protect them. And I loved LeBeau giving Schultz his strudel recipe.
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 12/20/2010
Nicely in character for both Klink and Schultz - both German soldiers, both German patriots, but neither a Nazi.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 9 . 11/9/2010
Sorry it took me so long to get to this story! It was perfect. No grandiose schemes, no scenes of torture or untimely deaths, no unrealistic wholesale airlifts of the entire camp population. Just a quiet, heartfelt description of how a small prison camp in the middle of Germany was liberated, and the very understandable reactions of the men involved. The characters were all believable both as real human beings and as the heroes we all love. Thanks. This is just the way I imagined Hogan's Heroes to end.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 9 . 3/10/2010
Another excellent story! It rang true both to the characterizations and to the actual historical tidbits woven into the story.
Jac Danvers chapter 8 . 5/18/2009
Superb chapter. I think it really brought home the reality of how different the war at home was for England, America, and France. We often forget that civilians bore the brunt of the fighting in Europe, whereas Americans were (relatively speaking) safe. The note at the end about your father was especially touching. Really, this was a wonderful chapter!
oboe11 chapter 9 . 4/23/2009
Finally had a chance to finish this story. Good job! I think my favourite chapter was Newkirk's. You could sense how lost he was that everyone else had plans for after the war but him. Glad to see the boys go out the gates together.
Rutika chapter 9 . 4/23/2009
Didier? Ha, ha.

Very good story.
Rutika chapter 8 . 4/23/2009
Excellent chapter. I remember being in London in 1962 and seeing areas that had been bombed out. Some of them had been left as a reminder. It made quite an impression on me.
konarciq chapter 9 . 4/19/2009
But LeBeau has a really nice chapter, too! I especially loved the laughing fit, and their recalling all those funny things theyd been through!

Very real, by the way, to stipulate that underneath the big game, they always had felt fear...
konarciq chapter 8 . 4/19/2009
So Newkirk! Great work!
konarciq chapter 7 . 4/19/2009
Good one on Wilson!
konarciq chapter 6 . 4/19/2009
Interesting, very real chapter on Carter. Its really him, all through.

A bit puzzled though by those last comments, when he quietly thinks that this is really going to be his last explosion. That could do with an entire story!
konarciq chapter 4 . 4/19/2009
Interesting point of view: a couple of hitherto anonymous prisoners. I like the way they puzzle about whats going on, and their different thoughts about Stalag 13.

Nice touch with Hogan in the end!