Reviews for You Take My Heart
Lotrfn chapter 1 . 5/15/2016
What a wonderful story. Legolas and Gimli's friendship is one of my favorite things about LOTR. I think this meeting of Thranduil and Gimli is so well done and in character.
Legolas Gimli 3 chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
I totally love this! Your writing is awesome and you presented the characters very accurately and vividly. Well done, ma friend!
Wunderkind4006 chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Oh this was just beautiful. I love how even though Legolas was absent from the setting you could still very much get a grasp of his characterization. Gimli is a curious creature, I don't think their is enough tales regarding their friendship, I do believe they would be quite heart warming. Like this one. Thranduil was quite vulnerable in this, which I adore, an actual depiction of a Father and then a King. A difficult task to write you should be very proud of yourself. My only point, and don't take this badly because it's not meant that way, I found some of the description of the dialogue a bit too descriptive which made me reread just to be sure I was picking up what you meant. This could just me lol, so as I say clearly not an issue because the prose was lovely. Just maybe a slight overload in some very . Still it is magnificent and heart warming, even a little bittersweet. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.
Tina chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Nice! :)
Deranged Reviewer chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
What a wonderful story. What I really appreciated from this was the conversation between Thranduil and Gimli. There are stories that deal with the sailing of Gimli and Legolas but few have attempted to write about it with Thranduil's character in mind. And I think you did a masterful job of conveying the sadness that Thranduil must be facing at his son's choices.
Epilachna chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
I have always been fascinated by Gimli and Legolas' strange bond. In particular, I wonder why the Valar granted Gimli entry into the Undying Lands and how much thought and preparation went into the attempt. I like that Thranduil makes peace with a part of his son he doesn't understand and a bond Legolas has that seems, in a way, stronger than he has with Thranduil. I also appreciate that you didn't attempt to turn Thranduil into a Dwarf-loving, all is well, the past between our peoples is forgotten, type of character. It never feels real. You presented the distance, the common bond and grudging respect between these two characters very well.
Destined Darkness chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
aw okay my suga high is gone now, stupid brother (glares at the wall, with brother on the other side)um any way back to the story it is great u may have noticed i like the carecter (lol, spelt wrong) Thranduil because he is so different (i think spelt wrong) from the guy in the hobbit lol bye
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
A beautifull story with a verry good Idea as the topic.

I like the way you wrote it and the way these two act. It's something diffrent and nice.
NiRi's Narrations chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
I've already said it, but it's worth saying again. :) This is a wonderful emotional piece. Love it!
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
I really like the way you portray Thranduil. I think he's one of the harder characters in Tolkien's world to write, and so many fail. Your Thranduil is complex and believable, and even heartbreaking when I think of his vow never to leave Middle Earth.
Woodland Wanderer chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Well done Aearwen22! Well done! :)

Tolkien didn't say much about Legolas' sailing other than Gimli went with him after Aragorn had passed. Your story filled in that huge unfinished hole he had left behind brilliantly!

Dín
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
That was very well written! I enjoyed every word of it, I want you to know I wait every Saturday for your stories to come up, faithfully like an old hound dog. LOL! Hugs The Imp