Reviews for Interogation and Veritaserum
cloudshape to ennien chapter 4 . 9/11
This story is wonderfully written and I very much like your stile.

What I do not like is how you see Severus.

I myself was severly bullied in kindergarden, elementary school and even after that until I was 15 or 16 years old. Even now at 53 I am just mostly over that - but not completely. For most of my life I just plain hated humans in general and children in particular because of that time. Only after having 2 children of my own (the first was an accident despite using condomes) I learned to tolerate and even like children.

That being said, I don't think you have any idea how being bullyed over a long period of time changes a person. Before I was bullied I never bothered anyone, I simply didn't much interact with anyone either. That was due to my being autistic, which was not known at the time - I was in my 40s when it became clear that I am an Asperger. But not interacting with anyone and not being able to recognize most other children even after being in the same class with them (I am faceblind - google it, if you don't know the expression) was probably reason enough for them to target me. At that time I always tried to hide (being really slow made it impossible to outrun them) and interacted even less so not to remind them I even existed and provoke any more attacks.

After the bullying stopped (it was finally my english teacher who got them to stop by severly bullying them for a few days in return - they got the message without my name ever being mentioned) it took me many years to recover and to stop wishing for death, which I did for many years, but was to cowardly to actually go through with.

Nowadays I am extremly aggressive (verbally) and know it is impossible to ever bully me again, as I bite people's heads off for the least reason. Many (my boss included, who is an awful bully herself and feared as well as hated by almost all of her employees) fear/avoid me and that gives me safety. Btw, she (my boss) has also been bullied in her youth by her peers and more than that by her own parents and to a lesser extent both of her siblings.

I have a mostly contended life now, very few, but very loyal friends, a husband who really is the only person I can live with and two more or less adult children who moved out a year ago and started their own life. I am very proud of both of them.

But the damage done by the bullying to me and as I came to recognice during the last 5 years to my boss is rather typical.

And that is how I see Severus. You see him very differently and frankly I don't much like the way you see him in this story. That is the reason why I will stop reading it for now. Of course everybody is entitled to their own interpretation of fictional characters, but we just have two very different interpretations. As I rather like your stile of writing though I will go and look for other Snape-centric stories (I hardly ever read any other) of yours. You just said yourself, that in most of your other stories you portray him differently.
dragoon109 chapter 2 . 5/3/2015
jk herself said snape was a victim. and he was. snape tried staying away from others during school but the muarders hounded him.

do you know how to fight? one on one? 2 or more get much harder. we know the muaders ganged up on him and a spell can only be used on at a time. think! how could he fight back when out numbered?

getting powerful friends is a start.
dragoon109 chapter 1 . 5/3/2015
sigh... unless this is AU. we have NO PROOF that snape was into dark arts or did or study them.

the only person who said so was black and who was he? a torture bully and all around ass hole.

snape was not a bad student or kid AT SCHOOL. this is canon fact given to us be JK her self. snape also was a victim both by the muarders and the staff. he never harmed anyone except in defense but did let others harm others.

why? because why should he help those who stood by and let him suffer? no reason what so ever.
The Somebody of Nobody chapter 10 . 1/16/2013
This was... interesting to read. Well written.
Carmen Caine the Human Lupin chapter 5 . 9/26/2012
Ms. Rebecca Roy I just want to say that you are an excellent writer and i love your story.
Saramagician chapter 10 . 6/1/2012
Wow! Interesting! Very much interesting and exciting story! I really enjoyed it! Write more story like this, I 'll read all of them!(Only those that are Severus centered *wide grin*)
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 10 . 5/7/2012
Yay! I'm so happy that they both lived! :) GREAT story.
Luiz4200 chapter 10 . 10/26/2011
Pettigrew, Crouch, Moody and Snape. How many others know how to fake their deaths?
Luiz4200 chapter 7 . 10/26/2011
madam Jigger is a real Harry Potter character

Really? Which book(s) have mentioned him/her?
narutonarutolove chapter 7 . 7/17/2011
In a way thats true, that an abusive household is not enought to become a DE, but JK said that the marauders bullying made Severus even more withdrawn and bitter. He was hanging by a thread by the time he and lily seperated. The lose of her friendship pushed him over the edge, and since he had no one else to turn to, he turned to Avery and Mulciber, to death eaters.

And youv got to remember, not everyone is the same. When people are abused there are different outcomes, not the same.

By the way, im amazed that your friend survied all that. You know theres a song, Concrete Angel, if you havent heard it, you should. Its about an abused girl, it shows, in a way just how lucky we are to live in loving homes, as alot of us take those things for granted.
wandamarie chapter 10 . 2/26/2011
grugster chapter 10 . 2/24/2011
Great end of a wonderful story!

Sunny
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
Actually leaving a prisoner unclothed is used only under the Securities Act for terrorism as is giving them the clean out agent. In a prison in America Severus would have rights. Personally I would think this kind of treatment would turn a person back to where they came from. Also torture has been proven ineffective even this kind as to get it to stop prisoners will say anything even lie.
BLAHBLAHBLAH92831 chapter 3 . 12/21/2009
Snape seems really, REALLY OOC, to be honest.
wynnleaf chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
Interesting story.

I'm not sure what was meant about Hogwarts not being safe for the Marauders, as we're never shown that they had any problems with others hurting them. Other than, of course, Snape trying to find something on them that would get them expelled - which they probably actually deserved, running around the countryside each month not caring how much they endangered people.

Snape probably would have been interrogated by the Ministry at some point. It's clear that Dumbledore spoke for Snape to the Wizengamot, but if Dumbledore couldn't prevent Hagrid from being taken off to Azkaban in COS, I would imagine that he couldn't prevent the Ministry from interrogating Snape when they had so much more reason to suspect Snape.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »