Reviews for Affair
Zelink fan chapter 14 . 4/28/2017
Normally I stay out of these reviews, but since I was referred here by a "zelink" story list and I'm still ptetty pissed, I'll review anyway. I do not believe either Link or Zelda would be cheating, unfaithful people. If they had to choose, I believe they would choose each other over a volatile relationship for the kingdom filled with infidelity and things that quite frankly, are not love. If you want to read a fanfic where Link and Zelda love each other and are not blatently bad people, this is not your fic. Just an FYI for anyone checking out the reviews.
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 14 . 5/29/2016
Perhaps one of the only encounters Link had with his daughter... besides the end, at least.

I like how there is an open ending. In my mind, I see Ella inviting her true father into the castle to live out his years with her, and catch up on their lost time together.

Thanks for writing an amazing story! It had everything down to a tee for an affair situation, so it is properly titled. xD Guilt, lies, remorse, lust, love, greed, etc. were all in the characters hearts who were a part of the affair. I particularly liked Bertrand's character – he wasn't written to be a sleazy guy in a love triangle who would be pinned as the 'hated' and 'disliked' one. Zelda genuinely liked him... just not the situation they were both in, trapped in a loveless marriage and what not, *with* an illegitimate child.

Obviously, since Ella is the only child of the Hyrulean ancestry, she will not be dethroned. At least, that's what I presume.

Link and Zelda's heartache and yearning for each other... it actually made my heart ache too! x) You've a great handle on writing angst and feelings. And the tragic ending of Zelda dying before Link...

If Bertrand died first, Zelda could've taken a second marriage with Link. But, nope! She died. Oh well. It gave this story some *major* feels. I cried at that part, I admit. But I am a big cry baby and overemotional, so that's all right. No shame in shedding a few tears at a tragedy xD (Although most people think tears are a sign of weakness)

Sorry for ranting about crying. xD But, I think that you should know the effect your writing has on readers, and for someone's own composition of words to create and evoke feelings from plain text to a reader's mind, is one of the best talents a writer can offer. So, thank you for sharing your writing. I enjoyed it. :)

I didn't mind at all that it was short. In fact, I think it suited the story very well, and I love how it jumped around and had time skips without an indication of spaces between paragraphs. That style suited it too!

I'd rate it 9/10...

Simply because I didn't like this chapter. The switch from third to first person narrative was sudden and random, and the ending of ch. 13 would've been a suitable ending. This chapter feels like a one-shot because it's disjointed from the rest of the chapters. Plus, I don't really like OCs, haha x) That's jut my biased views on things.

I loved all the previous chapters, though... so I hope this tiny point doesn't delete everything that I've said so far. x)

Keep writing new things, :)
~ Chameleon Eyes
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 13 . 5/28/2016
Ok. So this is officially the saddest chapter ever. Link never got to know his own daughter! So sad… and he was separated from them, and now he's an old, lonely man with regrets… sad … ;
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 12 . 5/28/2016
Maybe the saddest chapters I've ever read. A lost opportunity… what could have been if she only ran away with him? They'd be happier…
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 11 . 5/28/2016
Knew it!

*Drama intensifies.*
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 10 . 5/28/2016
I predict they will have a child eventually. Even if it was a false alarm this time, who is to say it's not the next?
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 9 . 5/27/2016
The heart wants what the heart wants...

Such a sad chapter.
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 8 . 5/27/2016
I like how realistic all these characters are. I've noticed it greatly when Zelda threw an insult at Link, which wasn't intended as such... I've had plenty of those awkward moments before, so I could definitely relate to the regret. x)

Too bad ending Bertrand's relationship isn't an option to Zelda. Wouldn't it be so easy to run away with Link and abandon all duties without a care in the world? *sighs* That isn't going to happen anytime soon, now is it?
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 7 . 5/27/2016
Oops. I think I've been spelling Zelda's husband's name wrong in the past reviews. XD My bad.

Poor Bertrand. . .
Poor Zelda and Link!
Poor everyone!

This situation just pretty much sucks in general. All the pain it brings to these characters. Damnit! It makes me wanna cry. :( But it's all right if I do. I tend to get overemotional anyways, and it's really good for your eyes! XD

Anyways... a romantic chapter. Aw, so sweet... she returned. And they're both happy. But the inevitable will break them apart soon... very soon!

I really love the structure of these chapters so far. The back and forth between past and present works well and isn't even confusing! Those plot lines tend to be confusing, you know? But I understand which parts fit into the time line. So... congrats on structuring this well!

I'm at the half way mark right now. Is it so odd that I am sad that there will only be 7 chapters left once I post this review? :(

Even though I'm not done reading, I'll say that I do like what you've done here with these characters and what you've done to a hard situation, which is also difficult to write. It brings so much pain and joy to these characters, and the shifts between these two emotions are wonderfully crafted by your keyboard! xD

However, I do wonder if Malon knows of Zelda...
She'll just add more drama to the mix!
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 6 . 5/27/2016
Awe… a sweeter chapter than most. Something tells me Bertrand will regret his decision later, I know…

And I have a feeling it isn't going to be good…
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 5 . 5/27/2016
It makes sense Bertrand is pissed off. But did he really have to be rude about it? I thought he was a nice guy!

So they both miss each other? And she's desperate to make her marriage work? I don't know, but something tells me she'll betray her kingdom for love. Oh! The drama!
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 4 . 5/27/2016
Good. The other man is a human being rather than an object of hate. That tends to happen way too often in love triangles. It's finally good to see that this character has, well… a character.

He loves her.

But she doesn't love him.

How tragic! :c

…and despite my want for Link and Zelda to be together, I still want "the other man" (the husband) to be happy as well. Maybe he'll find a nice girl that he loves more than Zelda at the end. However, my gut feeling tells me that this won't be the case. :/
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 3 . 5/27/2016
Poor, poor Link. The break ups are the worst and invites in depression. I'm hoping there'll be a continuation of their affair. They're the only two who can make each other happy. :)
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 2 . 5/27/2016
Stuck in a loveless marriage. This can't be good. How can she fall in love when her feelings ring true for someone else? Such a sad beginning. :(
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 1 . 5/27/2016
Oh no. An affair! So wrong… but so right… it's a question of morals, for sure; however, it isn't a question of love. Because they both love each other!

I do hope they get together in the end. But reality never fills any hopes because it can just be too cruel. Let's see what the last chapter brings! :)