Reviews for Love at Second Sight:
Josh Grinsteinner chapter 5 . 9/7/2010
Dude I know you are busy with the Vanguard Saga but first you should finish this story it looks to have the potential for a good resolution, so please finish this please. Otherwise I might have to write another story like this and finish this one off in a different fic. Of course I will NOT copy yours just create a similar as I can get one to resolve this one, so therefore a copyright infringement can not be placed on me. Anyway think about it.
Dr. JS Steinman chapter 5 . 2/17/2010
Really enjoying this so far. I'm glad that the conflict is coming from (as would be expected) Mike and Mica's different perspectives and backgrounds rather than (as is too often the case in romance works) the characters pointlessly making terrible decisions.
Pleneko chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Ya think?
Skyrock chapter 5 . 8/16/2009
My feedback about the clothing has been considered :)

If rather chapter 6 should have been named "Do as the Terrans do", and if the Argonians consider Urahette and her like-minded friends as paragons of Terra-ness, I guess one can get a good glimpse at the upcoming disasters at the beach...

Although, if I'm on the right boat with this guess, Mike probably won't consider those events as disasters. At least at first.

Regarding the chapter name, I'm clueless as long as I don't know #6, which you thought of as better fitting. I hope I can offer something more substantial on this issue after I've seen both.

I'm looking forward for the next installment!
Skyrock chapter 4 . 7/24/2009
Great and unexpected turn-around in the end... I'm looking forward to see Mica as an unwilling but desperate trollop in Chapter 5! :D

I like also how this just develops from two-character-dialogue empowered by cultural misunderstandings and a couple of fresh facts.

“Let’s look at it another way. You’ve noticed the way a lot of the islanders dress, right?”

Mica shrugged. “It’s hot, and the people on this planet don’t seem to have developed textile manufacturing yet.”

So, she's without the red sun dress from ST2?

Given the negligible luggage space in emergency capsules and the lack of cloth washers on C-Island, it won't be too long until she can try the bikini top&bark skirt fashion for herself :D
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 4 . 7/24/2009
That particular line, regarding the more loose attitudes of Terrans with regards to a certain subject as compared to Argonians, was pure gold. However, the chapter did drag on slightly, but it's understandable if you're stalling because you want readers to know that you are not dead and that the story isn't stalled. Fair enough.
Skyrock chapter 3 . 3/6/2009
Great. The story hasn't yet catched up to the level of the first chapter, but it has become better, and you can sense that something interesting is brewing up between these two fellows.
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 3 . 3/4/2009
See, Mica? When your tongue gets too sharp, it ends up stabbing you, or even your medulla. It all depends on how stupidly you use it.
Skyrock chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
The first chapter truly struck a chord with me. My favourite part has been that innocent question about the Earth game, and Micas naive alien misunderstanding about "scoring". Her sudden outbreak from tender nice girl to anger-driven fury has just been the icing on the cake.

For the second chapter, meh. I hope this serves as a build-up for something better, but as it is, I couldn't make much of it. The bit about Micas double standards has been fun, but was far from the hilariousity of the first chapter, and it also occupied only a very minor part of the second chapter.

But by all means, continue this, please. We don't have much ST content on this site, and short, densely written and funny stories help to round out the more epic and longwinded stories that take up the bulk of this section.
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 2 . 2/25/2009
Curse the double standard.

You bring smiles quite efficiently. Kudos! May your next update be swift and awesome.
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Admittedly, some of the dialogue towards the middle felt unnatural as I was reading it... Dr. Jones seemed too informal (yes, he's his uncle, but adults above a certain age group tend to stop talking like teens, using different forms of slang and such).

But no matter how out of character the middle dialogue seemed, I was so unprepared for the winning ending lines.

Bravo, man. Bravo.