Reviews for A Cloak of Lies
Rakyu2 chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Im loving your story, the only thing i didnt like is how the dark brotherhood reacted to the intruder, trained assassins would handle the situation better than trying to scream, but beyond that this is by far one of the best fanficts i have ever read .
tom chapter 17 . 6/2/2009
why does the order bother waging a war if Berich has the power to destroy the imperial city with a sweep of his hand? surely he could repeat the feat and it would all be over rather quickly.
Crisium chapter 29 . 5/24/2009
Well, while I'm nearly disappointed that this story is over- if only because it means there's no more of it to look forward to- this is a satisfying conclusion. I think your characterizations of the Aedra and Daedra are spot-on, and your last little tidbit about Varus is tantalizingly begging for a sequel.

You've done so well with this story. I can't wait to read more from you.
Crisium chapter 28 . 5/22/2009
Okay, WOW.

You certainly know how to wrap up a story, Ambrose. Your entire plot was huge, and amazing, but this conclusion is absolutely epic. The battle scenes were tense and suspenseful and I very much liked your wrapup of Aurrus, Roland and (especially) Dro'shanji.

Excellently, superbly done, as always. I look forward to your epilogue, and to future stories. Bravo.
Crisium chapter 27 . 5/19/2009
I almost- almost- have to feel sorry for your characters, even the very not-all-that-pleasant characters, because it doesn't seem like anyone is getting out of this unscathed. Either they're going to die horribly, they're going to be twisted mentally, or they're going to be beat to a bloody pulp. And sometimes, you know, interesting combinations of all three.

Another few excellent chapters. I'm finally done with finals week and was looking forward to being able to dig into this as a nice reward. Your writing is crisp and action-packed, as always, and I'm very much looking forward to your conclusion- and any possible epilogue you might throw in your readers' direction.
Crisium chapter 23 . 5/13/2009
I like this chapter's view of Alexia quite a bit. She seems much more of a person, with needs and feeling and irrationalities. And I didn't know you were doing a prequel- I think that's fantastic. That isn't City of Shadows, is it?
Crisium chapter 22 . 5/12/2009
Okay, wow. I was something like four chapters behind, and wanted to read them all at once. Fantastic work, here. Your Gray Fox was an amusing surprise, and I love that you create these intricate and interesting characters and then have absolutely no qualms about killing them off in fitting and satisfying ways. Bravo.

Additionally, this was all very exciting because of how well you write action. Your description of the man being pulled up through the ceiling and being dropped- headless, armless- was chilling and very original.

Excellently, excellently done. I can't wait for your conclusion.
shadowwolf101286 chapter 20 . 5/9/2009
Just read chap 13/14. Loved the fight scene btween Order and Legion. I never would have expected an Orc to the Gray Fox.

Also love the fight btween Claudius and Berich and caint for it to continue. lol poor Roland doesn't seem to have any luck.

He should have kissed the Luck Old Lady before he left Bravil.

Update soon
Crisium chapter 18 . 5/5/2009
Your story is so intricate that watching little pieces of it unfold is rather delightful.

This side story is quite moving. You seem to have an excellent grasp on the totality of your characters, because they're all unique with fully-fleshed backgrounds and personalities, and you write their distinct differences very nicely into your chapters. For many other authors, it seems their characters live mostly in the present, with little backstory or personal history at all, but you've done very well with yours and it shows that you've put a lot of thought into it. Your last segment with the copy of Monica was touching, and horrifying- very interesting.

Keep up the good work!
Atom 68 chapter 16 . 5/4/2009
Awesom chapter. I can't think of any thing to say though.
Spyash2 chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Love the beginning, it made my interested in what was going to happen next! Plus the hero of Kavatch is going to be in it! All the better, keep up the good work!
Crisium chapter 16 . 5/3/2009
I'm so pleased you've been able to update this so quickly, and with no loss of quality. This chapter is as excellent as the last. Claudius' dialog is superbly written, very threatening and it's absolutely clear who holds the greater and more formidable power.

Well done, as always!
Atom 68 chapter 15 . 5/3/2009
awsome chapter it gives a lot of insight on how the original three were created. keep it up.
Atom 68 chapter 14 . 5/3/2009
great chapter it makes me not hate Darnmon as much. keep it up.
Atom 68 chapter 13 . 5/3/2009
Now by far this is my favorite chapter. The story really starts going and you seem to get your first real taste of whats going on. and i love the fight scene it was very well written.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »