Reviews for Heart
MiniLover chapter 1 . 3/16/2015
Poor Sam. He loves her so much but at least he still has her around.
drkraez chapter 1 . 3/15/2015
Loved it!
carae chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Great to have everyones different opinions. Nice touch with Arlene.
Lovetb chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Beautiful chapter
luvvamps chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
You have made this really sound like Sam.
Dizzyxx chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
"Dream she's alive and chose me." - Poor Sam... My heart always ached for him. Watching from afar as the love of his life lives happily ever after with someone else. As much as I love Eric, if it weren't truly meant to be between him and Sookie, I think Sam deserves a chance with her.
Nyah chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Hmm this could be a fitting end tot he Sokie stackhouse series itself, we've all grown a bit, some things have changed, let's call it a night.
nycsnowbird chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
In my rush for all things Northman, I forget there’s poor Sam with heart in hand, adoring Sookie. Even though she’s said in several of CH’s books that nothing could ever be between them, they have had at least one intimate brush that could have led to a lot more had Bill not shown up when he did.

You capture Sam’s grief and his disbelief so achingly. They are always and forever friends, she has touched his life forever but he can only yearn for more because he never had her heart.

“I would rather she just live forever and let the rest of us fall away around her, giving up our life forces to her continued existence.”

He wants only what is best for her, in his mind he’s the sacrificing Bogart and it’s Casablanca. He must let his Ingrid walk to that plane and into the arms of another man. In the end, all he gets from it is the (start of) a beautiful friendship.

“I ached from the center of my heart and radiating outward. All of it crashed back in on me like the Red Sea closing”

I don’t know how you consistently come up with these wondrous metaphoric expressions, they just rise from the surface of the page and burst into a technicolor performance before my eyes.

I always considered the shift to animal was a happy occasion for Sam. It’s interesting that you write of it as a way to exhaust his grief. Just more character texturing. Love it.

“From the look on his face when he finally emerged from her room, I could see this loss was massive. Judging from her behavior over the past several months, with its edge of depression that seemed to color everything she said and did, she loved him just as much as he did her. Well I’ll be damned.”

Admission. Understanding. Maybe now he truly can move on. It hurts just the same.

It is a testament to their friendship that Sookie chooses Sam to be the first to know she’s a vampire now. They’ll always have Paris...

I gotta get off the Casablanca kick here!

The silence spread into noise like fire eating a trail of gasoline.

More wonderfulness. You paint such impassioned visuals.

“My heart trilled with freedom as grief faded and released it.”

Trilled! oh God! what a word. What pitch! what feeling this conjures. LOVE IT!

Anyone who was afraid or wary of vampires now seemed to decide that if one of their own—and for all her perceived craziness, everyone did consider her as belonging in and to Bon Temps—could change over and just be different instead of just be gone, well, they would rather handle it than know someone to be completely dead and lost forever.

More love. Everyone is settling into a comfortable new norm.

As always, such a poignant story and affecting nuance.

You never fail to awe.
Chrissy123 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
ohh I feel so sad for sam
Maudie chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Aw, poor Sam. He's such a sweetheart, he needs to find someone and soon. He deserves the absolute best. Once again, a nice chapter from a perspective we see very little of. Well done! Here's hoping Charlaine throws him a bone (lol, wow thats a bad joke) in book 9!
januaryfreeze92 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Great job on the entire series. I stopped commenting the other ones because I didn't want to sound like a broken record, telling you how great you are, lol. Well, here comes the broken record, Great job! I can't wait to read the rest of it... Er, atleast I'm assuming there's more since the bottom says "almost there". If not, I'll just call myself a silly goose. Tehe. Well, great job, once again!
jennyjen562 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
what a wonderful story. Its a perfect side to sam. Right on. I have truly enjoyed and loved reading your stories. Thank you.
VAVikingGirl chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
What a beautiful view of Sam. Thanks for writing him.
Eros Ashima chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Reading what you write is like watching the dance of the seven veils, and when the last veil is lifted I have tears in my eyes at the beauty of what I see. Thank you for sharing the beauty of your thoughts with me.
DICATAKADD chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Some how...some way, I missed this! I love this. I love hearing Sam's point of view on the whole damn situation. When I read this Sam's point of view, I can see CH's Sam sitting in his bar, yet I can hear AB's Sam. I don't know which one he is supposed to be...BUT I loved it! D