Reviews for In Water
gollygoshly chapter 10 . 5/15
Oh...my...zombie rats that was soooo cute!
x10TIMEx chapter 10 . 7/23/2014
Thank you for writing this story, one of my favorites. :)
masruiiiik chapter 10 . 8/15/2013
This story was simply amazing. I think you captured Gaara's autism very well, and I commend you on that. :)

But the thing that amazes me the most about this fic, is the way you portrayed every relationship here. From Kankuro and Gaara, to Temari and Lee, and everything between. You've woven such intricate relationships, each unique and sensitive, and when a character hurts, you can't help but feel hurt along with them.

In this chapter, when I read about how Kankuro felt relieved to not have Gaara around, he also can't help but miss him and fall back into the same patterns, I swear my heart froze over and the ground fell beneath me. I just felt for Kankuro. The same with Temari. While I don't have any relatives or friends who suffer from autism or have special needs, the way you wrote this story, I can put myself into the older Sand Sibling's shoes and fall into their place easily. It's so difficult what they have to go through, putting up with people's prejudices while trying to make Gaara feel...normal. It was difficult to read at times, and I caught myself tearing up more than once. xD

Another thing I seriously liked about this story was Lee and Gaara's relationship (obviously). It was very sweet and while I wouldn't exactly say that you eased your way into it (cuz Gaara sorta latches onto out favourite Handsome Devil), you worked really well with what you've got and it was very easy to get a feel of the companionship between Lee and Gaara. It was super sweet to read, and Lee is an absolute sweetheart. Not many people would take the time to get to know someone such as Gaara, and I think you did their friendship justice. Also, reading about Lee's problems really touched my heart, but having him put Gaara on a higher priority I suppose than his own issues just shot me right in the heart. I used up more Kleenex than I care to count due to this story. ;)

The characters you wrote are simple amazing and click together so perfectly yet clash just enough for an interesting read. Such as Kankuro and Temari, while it's clear they both love Gaara, their view of him is so different, and that sorta helps you realize that people with special needs are...well...special and precious to their families and friends and no matter how you view them, their family's gonna be adamant about how important that special need's person is. It really puts things into perspective. :D

...I think I ranted enough. I could honestly write an entire column dedicated to this page, but I'll spare you (just this once) xD. Thank you for such an amazing story, with such an amazing and heartwarming and touching plot, and realistic and relateable characters. :)

The fact that your writing style is smooth, easy to follow, and brilliant is just a bonus. ;)

Definately going to my Favourites and now, I plan to check out your other stories. I can't wait to read more from you (if they're half as good as this fic, I KNOW I'm gonna love them). ;D

- 24
N Harmonic chapter 10 . 8/6/2013
happy ending
N Harmonic chapter 8 . 8/6/2013
i'm sad...
N Harmonic chapter 3 . 8/6/2013
too bad this isn't a romance
N Harmonic chapter 2 . 8/6/2013
gaara is freaking adorable and kankuro is by extenstion. I like that he accepts gaara
Dead account no longer here chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
Hehehehehehehe, spongebob, hehehehehehehehehe, Gaara's so cute I wanna squish him!
Dead account no longer here chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
GAARAS CUTE! He shouldv been like this in the series. Cute and adorable. He's still badass though.
Lord Jashin Follower chapter 10 . 12/31/2012
This is a great story, however autistic people are actually really smart. They just have problems communicating with the world around them. Some autistic people have been tested and were shown to be close to a genius IQ. Love the story anyways.
The Red Dove chapter 10 . 11/30/2012
I loved this! I knew a kid with autism, but was lower functioning. I myself have a form of it called Asperger's, but was diagnosed later than usual (5th grade) because I'm a girl.
You got it all down! I actually saw an autistic kid, and it didn't annoy me!
Good job!
astrovagant chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Aww, this is very bittersweet. :'( You appear to have portrayed Autism well, though.

Ironically enough, I am in the process of getting diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, which is a condition on the Autism Spectrum. It is very mild, however, and it doesn't come with mental retardation. In fact, many people with Aspergers actually have abnormally high intellect, but not all. Einstein is thought to have had some form of Autism, especially regarding his speech delay.

I noticed that Gaara definitely showed traits of Autism, with made me happy. You appear to be very well-informed. Thank you for putting some research into this. :)

Now, before I go on an obsessive tangent regarding my fixation on ASD's (an Aspie trait at work, I assure you), I bid you farewell!

-The Amber Raven
Darkling221 chapter 2 . 9/21/2012
Ogod, this is like the cutest thing in the world. (should i feel bad about thinking that?)
riptocs chapter 10 . 9/16/2012
Wow, you were a genius at this story! I loved the play on autism (it is actually quite well done for describing someone with low functioning autism) and it's just...wow.
It almost made me cry many times and just...them having to make the decision to leave Gaara at the home like that...I almost burst into tears XD
A job well done!
woodlandfairykirk chapter 5 . 8/17/2012
this is such a good idea, I'm really surprised!