Reviews for The Grieving Heart, or: Dearest Sister
Frog-kun chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I've read this story multiple times now, but every time it's made me grin and laugh. I don't have a lot to say about it - if I told you my favourite lines, I'd be quoting the entire fic back at you. Suffice it to say I really loved the characterisation in this fic. You just absolutely nailed Makalov and Astrid. I'll never stop loving them now.
darkwings13 chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Wonderfully wriiten! I support this couple actually. But everyone seems to think that Astrid deserves better. Anyway, thanks for such a sweet story. It was very entertaining.
bright snow chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Hahaha. Everyone was so very in-character; I especially appreciate the way you wrote Marcia's spirit and her smile that contained too many teeth. xD Makalov is horrid, as he is, so very nice job on that, pfft. And I must say, Astrid was simply a masterpiece. I hated her hideous ignorance and I-accept-everyone-la-la-la-everyone-is-wonderful-especially-scoundrels-like-Makalov profusely in this story-very accurate and true to the game, excellent job.

Katah chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
*giggles* This was hilarious! The dialogue was just great, I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through. Wonderful to see someone writing such good fic about some of the less appreciated characters of PoR/RD.
Measured chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
This was great. You had both Makalov and Marcia down perfectly along with Astrid's er, blindly optimistic view on him. I was giggling and snerking along the whole way. Nice job.
FlamingDoritos chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Woo! Nicely written! Perfect characterization and kept me laughing all the way through. I nearly choked on my chocolate when potatoes were mentioned because c'mon. It's potatoes. XD

Awesomesauce.
FE Frog chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
That was actually really good! Makalov's weird... ugly... and everything Marcia calls him, but still. they are siblings! Astrid was so cute here! i liked the way you put this together, it was all very real. None of them were out of character whatsoever. really good job!
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Haha! This was great! I have to admit, what first drew me in was the fact that it was about Makolov. His potential to be a cavalier tank is absolutely dwarfed by Geoffrey's sheer pwnage (and don't even get me started on Oscar), but Makolov remains a very interesting-and rather unloved-character. I'm so glad that you actually wrote about him xD.

I loved his train of thought-how the lies just kept coming, each more dramatic than the last (murdered parents!), and how every thought of shaping up was immediately followed by a lazier idea. I was also very fond of how the dialogue distinctly separated each of the characters. And the last line was absolutely wonderful.

So thanks for this!

Kender
TheTwilightRurouni chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Thanks for posting. That's the first thing I wanted to get out there, my eternal(cliche!)thanks for making me laugh myself silly. You made my day, and considering my day is almost over, it was a close call. Seriously, this fic was pure laughter, me trying to think straight so I could read the next line. One of the things I liked the most was that it took Makalov all of two seconds to lie. He just kinda tacked it on as soon as it came into his head. It was absolutely Makalov. He, along with everyone else, was perfectly in character throughout the entire oneshot. Having his commentary also helped make it easier to read. All the small things he was thinking, like the fact that he should have added a short pause to make it apparent that everything wasn't okay, really made me like this. I think one of my favorite lines was "“She was like this when I found her,” he said. “Cross my heart.”" I always try to pick a defining line that makes me laugh the hardest, I couldn't do it this time. There were so many, but that was one of the better ones for me. Also, the fact that Astrid's innocence and ignorance made him realize he should be more responsible really tied it up nicely. She made him see what all of Marcia's yelling couldn't, and I think that's what defines these two. Of course, Makalov is irrepressible, so he didn't think about change /too/ much, but the fact that he did at all is what makes a statement. Anyway, this was a hilarious, well written oneshot. The mechanics were solid, I saw nothing to complain about, and the writing was natural and easy to follow. I enjoyed reading it, and again, thanks for posting.

Twilight Rurouni
dont look at me you will die chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Aw. I loved this story! The characters are really IC and I really liked how the misunderstanding just got worse and worse to the point where Astrid thinks that Makalov is a saint.

As for the siblings thing: In PoR, Astrid says she has siblings, but in RD, she says something about wishing she had a sibling. Dang continuity errors.
MilesTailsPrower-007 chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
X'D !

Makalov is such a weasel! Hahahaha! The dialogue was so spot-on. You're so good that way. The contrast between Marcia's roughness, Makalov's patheticness and Astrid's sheer compassion and manners is awesome. I liked that whole thing about him skipping out on kitchen duty-the Makalov vs. dead fish comparison was epic and I also enjoyed Marcia's lack of understanding of his "logic" skills.

I'm sorry I said nothing comprehensible in that block of text, but know that you did a great job! 8Db
Sotsumi chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
This was a very entertaining fic. I enjoyed Makalov's perspective very much.

My only problem with your story is that Astrid DOES have siblings. In her A support with Sothe in PoR, she tells him that she has brothers and sisters.

Other than that, it was great.

I hope to see more from you soon.