Reviews for Auto Leveling
Deadsori chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
make a persona 4 harem style fanfic
Sekiryutei Issei Hyoudou chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Great job man! will you do another Rise and Souji fanfic?
ASgaster chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Don't know why rhe big deal is, I always go through the dungeons by myself, especialy when I found out the experiance mutiplies.
Girly 411 chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
I have to say this was really good.

I never knew this thing existed, but I always wondered what would happen if you didn't put together a team and continued in alone. hmm... *applauds* very well done.

Oh yeah, it's quite hilarious when they miss and fall on their butts. *giggles* idk, it's just too amusing.

But your characterization was quite amazing. Very well done. And completely in sinc with how they all are in the game. Props to you!

heheh... Poor Souji. Wonder what he was thinking going in alone. aside from training and such. Yes, yes... I wanted to give him a little slap on the wrists after that. Lucky he's got friends who ran in after him. )

Great job! Keep it up!
DC20 chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I haven't read a whole lot of Persona fanfiction, but I really enjoyed this story. You took what at first glance seem throwaway game-play mechanics and made a full story out of them. At first I thought it felt a bit weird with the characters physically fighting as they would if following the game-play system, but after the first little section or two I actually grew to like that you stuck so close to the game. You certainly did your research before writing this, and it showed.

Your characterization here was excellent, and I actually chuckled a number of times through the story (which is pretty rare for me, so kudos). Everyone was written as they should have been, and their personalities certainly showed. An interesting thing about fanfiction (and writing in general) is that necessarily a little bit of the writer's own personality and interpretations of the characters shine through. Often times in fanfiction though, this overpowers the original personalities of the characters, and they either become so similar to one another that their names can be interchangeable or they're changed so much that they're no longer recognizable. You didn't fall into that trap here, and the characters were given great original dialogue that could easily be attributed to the characters as they were portrayed in the game.

I also really liked that this fic avoided any major events from the game, and if felt like it was just another day in the TV (well, except for the event you created yourself). The scenario you came up with was well thought out, and it definitely made the reader think about what Rise was going through while the rest of the group was fighting. It doesn't seem that her job is much easier even though she's not physically present at the battles.

Another great thing about this was that although Rise's feelings for the MC and his feelings for her are present, they don't overshadow everything else, and the other characters aren't pushed aside to focus solely on them. Everybody had a good and fun part to play here, and all of the characters were treated with respect.

There were a few dropped words here and there, but for the most part the actual writing was very well done. There was enough description to give the reader a good idea of what was going on, and that's always a good thing - and one that's unfortunately often missing in fanfiction.

My only qualm with the story was the subplot involving Yukiko - it didn't really seem to go anywhere, and felt more like an afterthought than anything else. It doesn't add anything to the story. It's clear that she has feelings Souji as well, but we don't see much of a reaction when we get the final kiss with Rise. We see that she's hurting, but it has no relevance to the story as a whole. If Souji and/or Rise don't know she's hurting or that she had feelings for him, then there is no conflict as it applies to this story, and without that conflict it's unnecessary. However, that didn't do anything to devalue what is otherwise an excellent story. Great job with this, and I wish there were more stories of this quality out there.

-DC20
Ganheim chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
He could practically feel their disdain for this idea rolling off of them.

Soji didn’t leave quick enough.

[Simply and well put]

Yukiko said little though her

[said,]

I didn’t stutter,”

[stutter.]

noticed you sly devil

[noticed,]

Despite the fact that you were “just” presenting a gameplay tip, the expansion on the character interaction and events seemed pretty well done. Amazingly, it seemed more like reading a “forgotten chapter” rather than gameplay regurgitation (even if the "No SP" thing briefly crossed that line). Good job.
S. Chensu and Luff chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
What a fool he is! I'd never think of going into a dungeon on my own, that's crazy talk!

Good fic overall, although I wanted to smack Soji whilst reading it XD
Tohno-san chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
I read this. Now I read it again. It still cracks me up. xD

Ahah, I really like the humor you installed into this. The reactions of the party members to Souji's grinding tactics is just hilarious.
Not Jack Frost chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Ah yes, Persona 4 characters at their best. Wonderful. All characters are done perfectly, even Souji, the silent mr. Leader.

Also: "Being related to Dojima-san will make you a badass by default." I lost it. Laughed hard. And loud.
Nakasu Malakiel chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
very good.
WraithRune chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Great!
RyougaZell chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Fantastic work.

Captured the characters extremly well.

Teddie ruined the mood definitely. Wonder what went through the other's girls minds at the sight of Souji kissing Rise, even if it was brief. Yukiko did seem to need a laugh not because of the scare in Magatsu Inaba, but because of the kiss.

Great great job.
Elmion chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
Dude, this is just epic. And I agree with you. The good thing about games like persona is that they give a lot of room for fanfiction like this 3
Krylancelo chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
That was great! I haven't tried auto leveling and i just finished p4 on normal with the true ending. I'm replaying it now on expert so I'm not sure if I want to try that trick yet. Maybe.
Ant'Dog chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
So here I was reading it for about 8th time before thinking, "Hey, at least drop the man a review!"

I wasn't sure what to expect out of the fic, but to say that I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. The little things like the Great Kings' thoughts, the deadpan Teddie puns, and Souji getting tired (instead of the "LOL rush turned on gone to grab dinner" we players do) are what really make this so enjoyable to read. Well done, sir, well done.

On a side note, I am ashamed to admit that I didn't finish Rise's S. Link.